FaceTrackNoIR v170 released!

I have the in-cockpit continuous rotation problem.

I have set up FTNIR to output to vjoy, assigned the correct axes in A-10 (absolute camera controls, which were working with freetrack and ppjoy), removed all other view control assignments, and my camera almost continuously rotates upwards unless I keep my head centred.

I can see that my axes are correctly assigned because I can move my head slightly, and see the appropriate in-game camera movements - but the camera frequently starts to pitch upward, until I centre my head.

The numeric and graphical output in FTNIR are correct (no spinning), as are the axes when viewed in the windows game controller calibration screen.

I am using a ps3 eye, and point tracking.

I can't understand why I have continuous rotation, when I only have ABSOLUTE camera axes assigned... Is this a DCS bug?

I found my problem...

I had cleared all irrelevant view control AXES, but not view control buttons.

A bunch of vjoy "buttons" were auto assigned to view commands, which needed to be cleared.

Use the "clear category" button for both vjoy controllers in the "all" section. (Dunno why I have two vjoy controllers... only one works and I can't remove the other. meh

I found my problem...

I had cleared all irrelevant view control AXES, but not view control buttons.

A bunch of vjoy "buttons" were auto assigned to view commands, which needed to be cleared.

Use the "clear category" button for both vjoy controllers in the "all" section. (Dunno why I have two vjoy controllers... only one works and I can't remove the other. meh

Hi Julian,

Just a Q: what do you need/use virtual joysticks for?

Purely to avoid using the NP "protocol"* - and because I believe there should be no special input protocols used for games, when perfectly good ones already exist (the usual game controller method).

* FTNIR does use it, right? Or have things changed? I have been out of the scene for a while.

Purely to avoid using the NP "protocol"* - and because I believe there should be no special input protocols used for games, when perfectly good ones already exist (the usual game controller method).

* FTNIR does use it, right? Or have things changed? I have been out of the scene for a while.

Hi Julian,

You are right: DCS is capable of using a Virtual Joystick for head-movement. FaceTrackNoIR v170 comes with VJoy, which also works under 64-bit W7.

Unfortunately, very few games offer good support for virtual joysticks. It's a pity, because that would really be a generic and open way to get headpose-data to a game...

Maybe I too praised v170 ,but exactly how you said when I end missioin and start any other FTnoIR is not responding.Only one think what I can do is exit game and start game again with mission which you want.Then FTnoIr is working again.

This looks like FTnoIR only read first start of game with first mision you choose and then is unable to read start any mission wihout completely exit game and start game again.It is enough serious bug I think.

So if anybody find how to fix it ,I'll be grateful to him.THX

-I found something.

You DONT HAVE TO exit game to allow FTnoIR work again in another mission,BUT when you want change missions you have to switch off FTnoIR then first launch mision and then launch FTnoIR.I dont know if this is helpfull but is better then exit whole game and then start again.So in practice this looks like.

-exit olny mission,no whole game

-ALT+TAB switch off FTnoIR

-return to game,start new mission you choose

-_when mission is launched ALT+TAB again,launch FTnoIR START tracking and FTnoIR is working in mission

Is there any fix for this issue, aside from the steps SVK_Daniel has described?

Thanks

Is there any fix for this issue, aside from the steps SVK_Daniel has described?

Thanks

Hi Trifty,

If you read the thread, you could see that a fix is 'on the way'. We will release beta2 a.s.a.p.

For now, maybe you could try flying longer missions, so the problem does not show so often :smartass:

Hi Trifty,

If you read the thread, you could see that a fix is 'on the way'. We will release beta2 a.s.a.p.

For now, maybe you could try flying longer missions, so the problem does not show so often :smartass:

Ah i did not mean to seem impatient. I saw Rotorhead and SVK_Daniel comment that it was fixed, and wondered if a fix hadn't been posted by mistake.

It's a fantastic bit of software though, so thanks to you guys for spending your time to make it :thumbup:.

It's a fantastic bit of software though, so thanks to you guys for spending your time to make it :thumbup:.

Absolutely! Clean interface and good features. Using the dot tracking method I believe the tracking is smoother than with freetrack also.

Absolutely! Clean interface and good features. Using the dot tracking method I believe the tracking is smoother than with freetrack also.

how? i cannot get it to be smooth no matter what, i have a pretty bad dark circle under my right eye, and the software keeps thinking that my eye is actually there and keeps jumping around, between that and my actual eye.

how? i cannot get it to be smooth no matter what, i have a pretty bad dark circle under my right eye, and the software keeps thinking that my eye is actually there and keeps jumping around, between that and my actual eye.

I use the dot tracker (leds attached to my headphones), not the face tracker. I have no experience with the face tracker, but can assure you it's easier (and hence more likely to be reliable) for a computer to track a bright dot than a custom pattern. I was using free track, but tried FTNIR when I saw it could track dots and output to a virtual game controller.

Help is it normal for the screen to keep spinning north.

Just can't seem to stop it spinning even without FTNOIR running the it still spins have I done something wrong somewhere any ideas anyone as I have spent almost 3 days of installing allsorts of bits and addons.

I know I'm gonna enjoy this game once I get it all working.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Perhaps someone here can offer some insight as to the particular problem I have run into. I have disabled all other view control commands except for the absolute controls in the axis menu and the keyboard view controls mapped to the numpad. Am I supposed to remove the numpad controls to get the facetracking to work? I can see that it recognizes my movements under the axis tune however I am unable to see any results of facetracking while in a flight.

Same here cleared all except for the numbers, which has stopped it from spinning.

FTNOIR is working in DCS world options menu under axis editing I can see the results there but its not working once in flight mode.

Gonna try clearing the numbers.

System Spec.

Tried it without numbers and nothing am I missing something here.

System Spec.

Just tried V1.70 with PointTracker, my PS3Eye and TrackClip Pro in my Hawg!

WOOW! It works amazingly good! The stability of the unmoving head view is so much better then previous versions and even better than Freetrack...

Tracking is much better, and configuration is easy!

Way to go!!! V 1.70 FTW!!! :thumbup:

One question... is the option to inverse axis after a certain degree of yaw working (so when I turn to look back in the cockpit and move left - it moves left and not right)? Cause I checkmarked it and nothing... did I missundestand this option?

Uf, forgot to add... the calibration function for IR model distances is pure evil... oh yeah!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Aries

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

What input protocol are you using?

Julian not sure what you mean by that but I'll try.

FTNOIR 1.70 full version

MS HD cam which is picked up and working

FTNOIR dispalys the cam name and the A10 DCS 32/64 bit running

Using Freetrack 2.0 and EMWA filter

To be fair I have tried everything in FTNOIR

However in DCS world I now have no movement at all

You'll have to excuse my dumbness as I am totally new to pc gaming coming from console so I don't quite talk the language yet lol

System Spec.

Firstly, I'm not a FTNIR expert, and others are probably more useful thanI can be.

Does the display in FTNIR match your head movements?

Have you read the posts linked in post 20 in this thread?

In DCS world, make sure you don't have your mouse or other keys or axes mapped to view commands that you want freetrack to control - check the views section, and the axes section.

Make sure that FTNIR is not too sensitive to your movements also.

• 2 weeks later...

Uf... just tried the Acella Filter Mk2... THIS THING ROCKS!!!

After fiddling with EWMA settings to get a stable view when my head is stable, without the micro stutters... I lost my nerves... said to myself "Let's try this Acella thing then, maybe..."...

ET VOILA! WORKS LIKE A CHARM, OUT OF THE BOX!!! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

• 5 months later...

I have a problem wir FTNoIR:

Within Facetrack everything looks shiny. And when I start DCS A-10C (Steamversion) and try to set the axis for camera movement everything seems fine.... BUT...

When the simulation starts... No Facetracking:(. And furthermore when I quit the mission and go back to the controls setup. A10-C DCS does not recognize any movements anymore.

I tried starting both application with admin rights, but that does not help.

Here is the configuration:

Win8 64bit, Trackersource: faceAPI V3.2.6 // Gameprotocol: FreeTrack 2.0 with the following setting: "UseTrackIR, hide FreeTRack" & "Start dummy TrackIR.exe" I used the DCS_A10C.ini.

Can someone help me:helpsmilie:

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

Solved it this way:

Copied this headtracker.dll directly in the /bin folder:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1448435&postcount=68

Set Trackersource: faceAPI V3.2.6

Gameprotocol: FreeTrack 2.0

with the following setting: "Use FreeTrack, hide TrackIR". I used the

DCS_A10C.ini.

Done

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3