Violent pitch-up on rotation?

Nealius

I revisted the Viggen after some months of flying other aircraft, and found it to pitch up so violently as to cause a tail strike on takeoff. Starting hot on the runway, it appears trim is already set 3° with the centerline tank loaded. When the takeoff cue in the HUD is full, I gently pulled back my stick only a few millimeters and the nose suddenly shot skyward, causing a tailstrike. I consistently have to immediately release stick pressure when I see the nose start to rise, and if my timing is off I will either tailstrike or slam my nose gear into the tarmac. I don't recall this behavior the last time I flew the Viggen.

My axis has a curve of 10. Pitch inputs while airborne are perfectly normal. It seems like the rotation cue in the HUD is earlier than it should be, leading me to pull the stick further and further aft until the nose comes up, at which point I've over-rotated.

Here's a track.

My axis has a curve of 10. Pitch inputs while airborne are perfectly normal. It seems like the rotation cue in the HUD is earlier than it should be, leading me to pull the stick further and further aft until the nose comes up, at which point I've over-rotated.

Here's a track.

Sorry, but I can't load the track due to an enabled mod (range targets).

• 3 weeks later...