Combined Arms : Tank crew

killerwhale

Are we going to see something like the upcoming tank crew for il-2. the current module is great but the potential for improvement is enticing. I think ED should focus on ground gameplay and put on hold the air campaign. they should start working on simulated tank and vehicle modules.

What do you think?

Some years ago, wags talk about request info about a M-1 Tank, but none more info or plans was made.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2002724#post2002724

Actually has unknown. About tank modules was open some time ago a post over there:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167347

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108515

DCS has not capability yet to build a vehicle / tank module missing the code and dlls, similarly to a ship / submarine module. No plans about them actually. CA actually get only a limited functionality to drive and combat by vehicles and Tanks with realistic modules. The only point actually has the very limited CA.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

DCS has not capability yet to build a vehicle / tank module missing the code and dlls, similarly to a ship / submarine module. No plans about them actually. CA actually get only a limited functionality to drive and combar by vehicles and Tanks.

it is not cool such a great game, especially with the improved terrains. Well I hope in the future they will implement this.

Edited by killerwhale

Are we going to see something like the upcoming tank crew for il-2. the current module is great but the potential for improvement is enticing. I think ED should focus on ground gameplay and put on hold the air campaign. they should start working on simulated tank and vehicle modules.

What do you think?

I think you are right. My Mi-8 is useless from the moment of the purchase. Su-25 and all the transport helicopters are totally dependent of the improvement for the CA module

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yup, Combined Arms has huuuge potential , but it's being wasted. I play JTAC using the stinger model. And it's Ok'ish. A proper JTAC model would add to the immersion and proper binoculars - not a telescope could help too.

The thermal view is so, so...

Played as GFC recently and the AI shooting through buildings is very disappointing.

If they had at least done.

- Soldiers embarking vehicles

- artillery with selectable number of rounds and type of rounds

- Sams - lock from radar

- Proper JTAC unit. I think that would help a lot

From the last time I played with an infantry , I also remember they used to shoot each other when they 're standing in front of each other :-D I mean....Goooood......

I don't think it is going to happen from ED but I'd love a proper tank sim. No 3rd party dev interested?

The first one will come from ED with all the resources (api's, physics etc) needed to integrate a tank, APC simulation properly into the workings of DCS I'm thinking. It's only a matter of time...:cry: This will happen and could possibly be good for the commercial side too? Another reason to do it "properly" and set it up for third parties with the needed tools at the same time.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we can't be too harsh on them right now. They just came out with the F-18C, which we have been waiting FOREVER for. So, they're going to be concentrating on that, and probably thinking how they can get their monies worth for all their time and effort with the newly developed systems. I expect at least F-16C will also be coming out, since the systems for it have now been developed. Maybe improved F-15 Eagle as well.

But yeah, I would love to see some ground modules and some FPS. This could be the ARMA Killer. Arma 3 was pretty much a disaster IMO. Felt cheap, like playing with barbie dolls. Arma 2 with it's really well developed mods was soo much better. Arma 3 felt just tossed together. And then, of course, there is Steel Beasts, which isn't THAT great and overpriced IMO. If DCS can raise the capital, they should GO FOR IT. Start developing ground modules, improve the terrain more, introduce FPS. They could make a fortune. The planes are really well done, but the "war" seems so lacking when all you can realistically control are the planes. Like one guy said above, what are you really supposed to do with the Mi-8 and such?