What's wrong with the Bombs? (or with me?)

Rescue

for the OP and for the others as well, this is one of the best tutorial I've seen so far, very detailed and well explained

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I seem to be much more accurate with the MK82 then the CBU-99's.

I've been running through the F-18 mini campaign and having a hell of a time with the CAS mission. Either missing the BMP's altogether or not destroying them when the CBU's are dropped right on top. Only successful one time after numerous attempts.

I have noticed that this mission has significant winds aloft and the HUD is substantially pushed to the side when uncaged. If the CCIP is not taking into effect the wind, that can certainly be an issue. I'll try to run this mission in calm winds and see what happens.

On the other hand, I am 3 for 3 using WP3 as the target in Auto mode in the interdiction mission. Auto seems to be working better in this specific mission.

I seem to be much more accurate with the MK82 then the CBU-99's.

I've been running through the F-18 mini campaign and having a hell of a time with the CAS mission. Either missing the BMP's altogether or not destroying them when the CBU's are dropped right on top. Only successful one time after numerous attempts.

I have noticed that this mission has significant winds aloft and the HUD is substantially pushed to the side when uncaged. If the CCIP is not taking into effect the wind, that can certainly be an issue. I'll try to run this mission in calm winds and see what happens.

On the other hand, I am 3 for 3 using WP3 as the target in Auto mode in the interdiction mission. Auto seems to be working better in this specific mission.

For CBU99's you HAVE to set the fuze to VT and then set the HT to 1500, otherwise it won't work properly. There's also an ideal launch profile (20 deg dive, from 2500ft I think - check Wags' video on it in the mini updates to find out for sure).

For CBU99's you HAVE to set the fuze to VT and then set the HT to 1500, otherwise it won't work properly. There's also an ideal launch profile (20 deg dive, from 2500ft I think - check Wags' video on it in the mini updates to find out for sure).

do you have a video for that???

very instersting in looking at it

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Good to know. I have seen on previous threads about the VT function being a WIP but wasn't sure if that was ever implemented. I'll check out Wag's video...

However, I will say the cluster bombs do look like they dispersing and exploding, but they are just off target and/or not killing the lightly armored vehicles like they are supposed to.

Can anyone confirm that CCIP does not account for wind at this point?

Apologise for my ignorance what VT and HT stand for when setting up the fuze, efuze etc etc

Apologise for my ignorance what VT and HT stand for when setting up the fuze, efuze etc etc

VT denotes the Mfuse will go off in airburst format (since the canister needs to release mid-air) and HT stands for the Height at which this will occur. Currently the cluster munitions can't be customised and will only go off at 1500ft I believe.

The E-fuse needs to be kept on INST since that's the fuse of the bomblets i believe.

I might have used some wrong nomenclature here, feel free to correct me folks and I'll edit.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

VT = Variable Time AFAIK. Needs to be set to be able to set HT. And yes, it's tied to 1500' at the moment - this setting is for the CCIP solution, it won't setup the bombs. They have to be configured by the ground crew. An option for that via ME or better the kneeboard however is still missing, so we have to go for the default 1500' height of burst.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

VT = Variable Time AFAIK. Needs to be set to be able to set HT. And yes, it's tied to 1500' at the moment - this setting is for the CCIP solution, it won't setup the bombs. They have to be configured by the ground crew. An option for that via ME or better the kneeboard however is still missing, so we have to go for the default 1500' height of burst.

VT does indeed mean "Variable Time". A VT fuze is a proximity fuze, usually emitting an RF signal and designed to initiate detonation at a particular distance from the ground. As you say, it's set mechanically on the weapon itself, and not controllable inside the cockpit.

As a pilot, you'd be briefed on the setting of the weapon, would confirm the settings during your preflight walk around, and then configure the aircraft's computer via the stores page on the DDI prior to launch.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

VT does indeed mean "Variable Time". A VT fuze is a proximity fuze, usually emitting an RF signal and designed to initiate detonation at a particular distance from the ground. As you say, it's set mechanically on the weapon itself, and not controllable inside the cockpit.

As a pilot, you'd be briefed on the setting of the weapon, would confirm the settings during your preflight walk around, and then configure the aircraft's computer via the stores page on the DDI prior to launch.

Cheers for the info! Wondering what implementation they'll choose for this, though I wouldn't entirely be opposed if they chose for the canister to deploy to whatever you set the weapon to.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16