Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

Thank you! I’m going to get this as soon as my ISP comes back to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

"You're too far from where you should be, abort approach"

this is while I'm trying to get back into the pattern. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, as sometimes it lets me continue fine, but often times its telling me to go around again. I'm just offset to the right of the carrier, doing close to 800 ft at < 400 Nm.

Excellent trainer of course! Just need some help understanding why I'm not re-entering the pattern correctly.

this is while I'm trying to get back into the pattern. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, as sometimes it lets me continue fine, but often times its telling me to go around again. I'm just offset to the right of the carrier, doing close to 800 ft at < 400 Nm.

Excellent trainer of course! Just need some help understanding why I'm not re-entering the pattern correctly.

How far from the carrier did go before turning to base recovery course?

I think going beyond 10 miles before turning to carrier might help.

Start from waypoint 1 on the HSI and see.

Got this message when I turned to BRC too early.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Thanks for the feedback! I’m not sure. It could very well be a bug. Can you upload your track file when that happens please, so I can take a look?

Remember to come to a full stop for a few seconds to get scoring before taxiing off.

I instinctly taxied off after hook retracted and got wrong wire trap scoring.

Is it possible to have the cockpit set up properly for carrier landing before start?

(eg. anti skid, aoa indexer, rad alt)

Thanks for the feedback! I’m not sure. It could very well be a bug. Can you upload your track file when that happens please, so I can take a look?
I'll see if it occurs again and upload a track then. It got better later on, I was thinking maybe I needed to turn around before the trailing ship, and not after. But that might have been irrelevant.

I bolter alot! Lol

Just what I needed, thanks!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Remember to come to a full stop for a few seconds to get scoring before taxiing off.

I instinctly taxied off after hook retracted and got wrong wire trap scoring.

That's correct. To identify the landing, the script is waiting for you to come to a complete stop. It needs to know that you have been pulled back and come to rest, to give an accurate estimation of what wire you caught, since that is based on the horizontal "north-south" distance from the ship's center to your aircraft, after you've been pulled back.

Is it possible to have the cockpit set up properly for carrier landing before start?

(eg. anti skid, aoa indexer, rad alt)

I haven't found how to make that happen, but I'd love that as well. If anyone knows, please point me in the right direction. :)

Thanks Bankler, for putting this together for us!

I still need lots of practice :D.

Didn't manage to hear (activate) any comms/LSO yet,. Probably because they don't recognize I'm about to land, as I'm usually far away from the desired entry pattern. Still, I did manage to land several times.. Don't ask how though :P

(played in VR btw)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks Bankler, for putting this together for us!

I still need lots of practice :D.

Didn't manage to hear (activate) any comms/LSO yet,. Probably because they don't recognize I'm about to land, as I'm usually far away from the desired entry pattern. Still, I did manage to land several times.. Don't ask how though :P

(played in VR btw)

Hi!Thanks for trying out the mission! There are no voice-overs at this time. Basically for three reasons:

1) Didn't have the voice talent to record it,

2) I find it can quickly become repetitive unless you record lots of variations, and

3) The real LSO wouldn't really talk to you in the pattern, until the final steps, so I'm not sure it would "feel" right anyway?

If there is demand enough for it, I guess I can reconsider though. I imagine it would make it a little easier to absorb the realtime feedback if you're getting it from a voice-over. :pilotfly:

I got that message abeam the ship on the fourth pattern. It didn’t seem like I was in the wrong location? I did fly over the waypoint and proceeded north to abeam point at 800’ and 380kts.

Anywho, again thank you so much for this great training tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

:pilotfly:

Probably would have got closer to the boat had i not thought the sight picture was 1.2 from the boat on the port side of the carrier, didnt realize it was 1.5nm, i give myself a 140 for false advertisement haha

attachment.php?attachmentid=195263&stc=1&d=1538629184

Screen_181003_215711.thumb.jpg.77c3306f976930f7261a428ebb54a624.jpg

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Great stuff and much needed.

I recently made my own Case 1 Recovery mission and just to make it a bit more interesting I added triggers where if you were in the right place and on speed it responded with calls from the movie ....eh um......Top Gun. "three quarters of a mile call the ball!" etc.

Thanks for this.

Excellent mission, very well done.

The first dozen attempts were extremely frustrating as I was having to unlearn some training scars in the break and was often lucky to even get a bolter. I did manage a 140/140, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I think adding the noob boxes/gates for some of the slots as a tutorial-like option would be a massive enhancement, but I can see how this would present some challenging problems to implement.

Great stuff and much needed.

I recently made my own Case 1 Recovery mission and just to make it a bit more interesting I added triggers where if you were in the right place and on speed it responded with calls from the movie ....eh um......Top Gun. "three quarters of a mile call the ball!" etc.

Thanks for this.

Hello

Do you share it?