HMS Active F171 1978

Lordzarj

These type 21's were perhaps the most beautiful looking of HM Warships of that era, sleek and very stylish. They were like greyhounds in the water, and the crews loved them.

I have a mate who was serving in HMS Ardent as a Chief ERA in 1982, and survived. I was close by when HMS Amazon blew up and sank in San Carlos water, they were quite fragile little ships in many ways. They all needed more armour and thicker hulls.

Well done mate, that it looking seriously good.

I agree with the other blokes, thats a beautiful ship there, keep at it mate !

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Impressive work, would be a nice addition for the Falklands project.

I don't know if this asset is listed in their project now, but maybe you can join Razbam for a collaboration.

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Thanks for the comments guys, I haven't seen any pictures of RAZBAM developing one to include in their Falklands pack although it would be strange to omit the Type 21s as they were pretty busy in the conflict. 7 of the 8 were deployed and two were sunk in San Carlos.

They were (are) fine looking ships, the Pakistan Navy still has half of them sailing the seas. They were built down to a budget and could be said to be fragile but Sheffield and Coventry sunk taking pretty similar damage to Ardent and Antelope. The Falklands conflict changed ship design all over the world, less aluminium, more armour and more AA defences. A lot of the pre-conflict assumptions were proven wrong.

I'm modelling Active as she was the first Royal Navy ship I went on during a local visit as a teenager.

I'm modelling in Modo at present, it's pretty cool to be able to enter a VR view and "walk" around the deck from time to time!

• 1 month later...

Still progressing, although slowly due to external factors.

Found a few nice tools in my 3d program like Render Curves and Rounded Edge Shader which drop the poly count significantly. I keep going back and redoing parts when I learn new techniques.

30440690117_50948733d8_k.jpg

ActiveFinal Color Output0000 by Colin Radford, on Flickr

30440675427_4c30069e33_k.jpg

ActiveFinal Color Output0010 by Colin Radford, on Flickr

45380478151_1004584d0a_k.jpg

ActiveFinal Color Output0005 by Colin Radford, on Flickr

• 7 months later...