DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Hadn't seen it stated in this thread, so....from a Wishlist thread.

"For the DCS: Nimitz-Class Aircraft Carrier module, we plan to allow you select any of the Roosevelt sub-class ships. Not just the obvious ship name and number, but also each will have unique deck textures."

5 possible ships and the module name. :)

In light of this, perhaps we can convince ED to rename the free carrier the "Nimitz", "Dwight D. Eisenhower" or "Carl Vinson".

(Maybe even three separate skins? :music_whistling: )

It also kinda begs the question: once we have the new carrier module, How long will the current low res "Carl Vinson" be kept in the game?

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

It also kinda begs the question: once we have the new carrier module, How long will the current low res "Carl Vinson" be kept in the game?

I know, that poor thing's been there since launching Tomcats in Flanker 2.5 it looks like. :) Couldn't ED just replace it's model with the in-game Stennis, giving mission designers another base feature Nimitz carrier?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I know, that poor thing's been there since launching Tomcats in Flanker 2.5 it looks like. :) Couldn't ED just replace it's model with the in-game Stennis, giving mission designers another base feature Nimitz carrier?

That's kinda what I was hinting at...The version ED has planned will give us the 5 Theodore Roosevelt subclass carriers...

Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

Abraham Lincoln CVN-72

George Washington CVN-73

John C. Stennis CVN-74

Harry S. Truman CVN-75

If they remove the Low Res "Carl Vinson" And re-theme the current "Stennis" as the "Nimitz", "Dwight D. Eisenhower" or "Carl Vinson", It would give us a total of Six to play with...

If they provided all 3 of the Nimitz subclass it would give us 8.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally don’t like AMD.. As you can see from post my specs are i7 6700. My memory is 32 GB. And I just added a RTX 2080 GPU...

That’s not listed ...

I’m quite aware that the weapons systems do take up quite a bit memory.. I don’t have any issues with this.. It’s the graphics of the combat personnel. There’s just not enough detail. I would like to see terrorist head gear along with western style uniforms..

If ED is able to portray deck crew high detail I should think that combat uniforms should be on the table as well

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

There's a performance consideration to be made here. You see the deck crew, it's right next to your plane. You won't notice details on a soldier on the ground, unless you're playing CA or maybe low flying with a helo, with the troops right next to you. Maybe more than one LOD change would be necessary.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

There's a performance consideration to be made here. You see the deck crew, it's right next to your plane. You won't notice details on a soldier on the ground, unless you're playing CA or maybe low flying with a helo, with the troops right next to you. Maybe more than one LOD change would be necessary.

True. You won't see the graphics detail from 20,000 feet.

However, there is a need for more automation of infantry in DCS. Basically a more sophisticated infantry AI that moves around, takes cover and formation, attacks, flanks, retreats, patrols and check surrounding based on alertness etc etc... You can manually set all these settings one by one but incredibly time consuming and not effective at all.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Current infantry in dcs I have seen tends to move in slow motion when moving. I guess this has to do with the low depth of animation implemented on the infantry.

I am envisaging some performance issues from a crowded deck of the carrier. The various deck crews, parked aircrafts, animated elevators and other equipment would definitely affect performance.

Would be great to get information on what performance impact would be on new Nimitz aircraft carrier.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Like to see an update on the Carrier Module progress...besides still WIP.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Supposedly later this summer.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Like to see an update on the Carrier Module progress...besides still WIP.

I dont expected them on late summer. For them ED need put more info and updates about more funtionality. Missing not only the "deck crew", has not tell noting about the "pilotable" post and other funtionality talk in the past.

My prediction Late 2019 or early 2020.

I'm meaning more info will be provided later in the summer, according to a newsletter.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

New Carrier Module..

Just wondering if there is any news on the new carrier module.. Wags made some indications at the flight sim expo that we would see it by the end of summer.. I’m not impatient on these things, but I was just wondering how development is going.

At a guess things were going well at first, and then "software development" happened...

At this point it's anyones guess, I'm thinking Q4 19 to Q1 20 based on lack of news. I mean we have a trailer and pre-purch for the F16 already and thats Q3 19.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm super looking forward to this but so impressed by the quality of all the DCS work so far and realize the sheer amount of work involved...well IMHO it's all bargain pricing on a superb environment and don't want to rush anyone. Just know I'm an avid customer of everything DCS so consider me a satisfied sale with any additions. :)

nice 3 video.

I did not think that the afterburner jet had so much power and strength to lift the plane that was parked behind it.

even in airports on land, airplanes should maintain a safe distance, afterburners could cause damage.

this type of afterburner damage is not simulated in DCS.

Will there be native support for voice attack or another program similar to it? I am very much looking forward to the increased realism provided with CATC, but dread the idea of trying to hit F1 to "call the ball" when I'm already task saturated enough working the groove.

Regards,

Digby

DCS: Carrier

Hey ED.

I love what you guys are doing the new carrier looks amazing.

Speaking from running a very large online organization, and I know I'm not alone in this. The chief concern that my colleagues and I have is parking, parking, parking, and oh yeah parking..

The reason this is so is quite simple. I can't get more than a few people on the boat to spawn in for a mission without explosions of various types, mostly because aircraft are spawning on top of each other. The other concern is that I cannot ramp start multiple aircraft on the boat because the only way to avoid explosions currently is to have them spawn hot on the catapult, get them off the deck as quickly as possible so the next 4 can spawn. The online community is severely missing the ability to ramp start on the carrier and have it work properly and safely.

I've searched the forums extensively and every time it's mentioned it seems to have not gotten a response as to whether or not the parking situation is going to be fixed, overhauled, or otherwise improved.

All other concerns are secondary to this as far as the majority of the online community is concerned about this new module. I for one cannot justify saying "Yes CVW-11 we're going to be switching to this new carrier, and it's going to be a required purchase, because it offers us more capability and not just eye candy." unless the parking situation is addressed in the paid module.

Can we get a nod, a wink, or a confirmation that, yes indeed we will be able to park the amount of aircraft (player parking spots) on this boat that the real boat would be able to handle?

Thanks ED!

Edited by IceFire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

Hey ED.

I for one cannot justify saying "Yes CVW-11 we're going to be switching to this new carrier, and it's going to be a required purchase, because it offers us more capability and not just eye candy." unless the parking situation is addressed in a paid for module.

Can we get a nod, a wink, or a confirmation that, yes indeed we will be able to park the amount of aircraft (player parking spots) on this boat that the real boat would be able to handle?

Thanks ED!

I couldn't agree more with this. I would love to purchase this module, but if the parking / spawning situation is not rectified, there is no point for me. I will deal with the smaller Stennis if the same problems persist to the new module.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Incorrect Carrier Dimensions

Dev Team.

I second what IceFire is saying.

Also:

1) Have the incorrect dimensions of the Stennis Carrier Model been corrected for the payware module that were discussed here? The DCS Stennis & IFLOLS Are Wrong: How/what it means to the virtual meatball flier

2) Will the Stennis model be corrected by using the new payware model without all the bells and whistles?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Edited by MonnieRock

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

I understand news is suppose to be coming out later this summer, but no specific news by now is really annoying. The only news we have is all vague. We know elevators work, but will we be able to use them? We know the LSO & Airboss stations, and Briefing room will be operable, but to what extent with us users? We know there's a hangar, but will we be towed to the hangar? How are we going to get to these rooms? Will we be able to walk around this environment and interact with it? But the main question is the parking? How are they planning on handling that? A snippet of info would be nice. At least for me.

+1

Salivating for a bit of news on how things are going on the Nimitz aircraft carrier.

The New carrier module is one big thing I am so longing to see implemented.

Yes a snippet of news would suffice.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I couldn't agree more with this. I would love to purchase this module, but if the parking / spawning situation is not rectified, there is no point for me. I will deal with the smaller Stennis if the same problems persist to the new module.
Not sure. But the spawning has actually making problems VS AI. That can need some kind of dinamic spawn system, the problem, need rework all swamp mision sistem and can be affected to the actual mision logic.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk