[MOOSE] RAT - Random Air Traffic

Hi to all,

I have a problem with rat script to add a neutral b737

local b737=RAT:New("RAT_B737", "B-737 Neutral")
local b737skins={"Air Algerie", "Air Berlin", "Air France", "airBaltic", "Airzena", "AM", "American_Airlines", "British Airways", "C40s", "Clean", "Disney", "EA", "easyjet", "FINNAIR", "HARIBO", "JA", "Jet2", "kulula", "LH", "Lufthansa BA", "Lufthansa KR", "OLD_BA", "OMAN AIR", "PAN AM", "Polskie Linie Lotnicze LOT", "QANTAS", "RYANAIR", "SouthWest Lone Star", "ThomsonFly", "TNT",  "Ukraine Airlines", "UPS"}
b737:Livery(b737skins)
b737:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
b737:SetCountry(country.id.22)
b737:Spawn(15)

putting it with the normal script works everything, but with above script no.

Any idea?

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

b737:SetCountry(country.id.22)

According to the Documantation:

RAT:SetCoalitionAircraft(color)

Set coalition of RAT group.

You can make red templates blue and vice versa.

Parameter

#string color : Color of coalition, i.e. "red" or blue".

RAT:SetCountry(id)

Set country of RAT group.

This overrules the coalition settings.

Parameter

#number id : DCS country enumerator ID. For example country.id.USA or country.id.RUSSIA.

I think we have to use "red" or "blue" and a country name instead of a number, do we?

According to the Documantation:

RAT:SetCoalitionAircraft(color)

Set coalition of RAT group.

You can make red templates blue and vice versa.

Parameter

#string color : Color of coalition, i.e. "red" or blue".

RAT:SetCountry(id)

Set country of RAT group.

This overrules the coalition settings.

Parameter

#number id : DCS country enumerator ID. For example country.id.USA or country.id.RUSSIA.

I think we have to use "red" or "blue" and a country name instead of a number, do we?

here they say they use numerical value and the neutral coalition

Guys, I just checked out the new neutral coalition feature. It actually does work, but needs some special settings.

So first, you have to take a template group which is either red or blue. White/neutral does not work as of now because neutral units are not yet registered in the MOOSE database (will be added soon I guess).

Divide the countries into blue/red/neutral when you create a new mission. Pick one country which you defined to be neutral.

Here I assume you picked Switzerland to be neutral.

The use the following code

local yak40=RAT:New("RAT_YAK", "Yak-40 Neutral")
 yak40:SetDeparture("Batumi")
[b]  yak40:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
 yak40:SetCountry(country.id.SWITZERLAND)[/b]
 yak:Spawn(1)

country.id is an enumerator see here.

Note that I cannot see the aircraft on the F10 map. Even when I enter as a neutral GameMaster. But they spawn :)

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

Thanks @The_Ignotus I tried how you suggested me works fine. :thumbup:

@Viper79

No Problem :)

I have discovered another issue:

Regardless of what commands i use in the lua, every RAT aircraft is leveling out somewhere in the climb for a pretty long time, and then they continue their climb to the set cruise alt. :/

Does anyone know something about this?

EDIT:

And the next Problem:

The RAT:Livery is not working correctly:

Using A380 from CAM

local A380Air=RAT:New("RAT_A380", "A380Air")

A380Air:SetSpawnInterval(1)

A380Air:Livery({"Air France", "British Airways", "China Southern", "Emirates", "Korean Air", "Qantas Airways", "Qatar Airways", "Singapore Airlines", "Thai Airways"})

--A380Air:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")

A380Air:SetMaxCruiseAltitude(12500)

A380Air:SetFLcruise(390)

A380Air:SetMinCruiseAltitude(11500)

A380Air:SetDeparture({"RAT_Top", "RAT_TopLeft", "RAT_TopRight", "RAT_Bottom", "RAT_BottomLeft", "RAT_BottomRight"})

A380Air:SetDestination({"RAT_Top", "RAT_TopLeft", "RAT_TopRight", "RAT_Bottom", "RAT_BottomLeft", "RAT_BottomRight", "Anapa-Vityazevo", "Krasnodar-Pashkovsky", "Maykop-Khanskaya", "Mineralnye Vody", "Tiblisi-Lochini", "Sochi-Adler", "Kutaisi"})

A380Air:SetMinDistance(740)

A380Air:Spawn(30)

Issues:

The livery set in the editor is the most chosen one

Even though i did not implement the Lufthansa livery, it is selected very often

Most of the liveries are never selected (only change with selecting in editor)

The only one i get are Lufthansa, Air France some China southern and a few Qantas Airways

Do you know what is going on? :(

EDIT2:

I Found the fix.

@funkyfranky

You really should change the documentation that the NAME OF THE LIVERY has to be THE NAME OF THE FOLDER OF THE LIVERY

You could have saved me 2 days :/

Please update the Documentation

Edited by The_Ignotus
Second Problem | Found Fix

• 1 month later...

can you share some missions for blacksea or nevada? i don't have knowledge of scrpiting.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

can you share some missions for blacksea or nevada? i don't have knowledge of scrpiting.

Here are several sample missions with random civil traffic:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/tree/master/RAT%20-%20Random%20Air%20Traffic

I strongly suggest that you do the tutorial found on the first post of this thread, that way you will understand better how this Mod works ... I know that it looks like too much work, but it isn’t ... really :)

Best regards,

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

thanks for the missions.

tried one of them and working good. but only two airports are set.

if only we have a full traffic like we had in fsx my trafficx etc

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 3 weeks later...

Trying RAT for the first time. 1) Can`t access the documentation, the page is offline for me. 2) Sample .MIZ files don`t seem to work on open-beta (2.5.3.22176). 3) Need some help understanding how this works. The first group called YAK works, the others don`t. I am naming the groups exactly like the names in "".

local yak=RAT:New("RAT_YAK")

yak:Spawn(2)

local b727=RAT:New("RAT_B727")

b727:Spawn(3)

local b737=RAT:New("RAT_B737")

b737:Spawn(3)

local b747=RAT:New("RAT_B747")

b747skins:Spawn(3)

local b757=RAT:New("RAT_B757")

b757skins:Spawn(3)

local a380=RAT:New("RAT_A380")

a380:Spawn(3)

local cessna=RAT:New("RAT_Cessna")

cessna:Spawn(3)

Do you have the Civil Aircraft Mod installed?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3268436&postcount=89

I do, and that mod works perfectly on its own. I fail to see why it is necessary, since the RAT lua script only call for that name inside “”. So it could be a C-130 plane called “RAT_B737” and it should work, right?

I mean, I am not even gettint that. If I simply copy and paste the aircraft, and copy/paste the two yak lines, call the second yak2 and RAT_YAK2, it still wont work. Im pretty sure Im doing something stupid, but cant see where.

Edit: I have civil aircraft mod installed on my savegames, not on my c:\. Again, all the civil mod planes and liveries work normally.

Trying RAT for the first time ...

3) Need some help understanding how this works. The first group called YAK works, the others don`t.

You can use RAT with any aircraft available to you on the Mission Editor, be they the stock ones provided by ED, or aircrafts from a Mod (like the Civil Aircrafts Mod). To use it, you need three things:

The first element is to put on the mission aircrafts that will serve as "templates" for the RAT script to use, for example this is a helicopter unit for the blue coalition:

xgSZxwo.jpg

The unit can have a single aircraft, or more .. since helos rarely fly alone on this example I'm stating that the unit has two helos. From RAT's perspective they are a single unit, that will spawn, fly and disappear together.

The "template" aircraft has to have ticked the "Late activation" flag, so it wont show during the game, as its used only as a template for the script to use when creating RAT flights.

The second is to create a text file with the options that you want each RAT unit to have ... for example this script will create 5 types of RAT flights:

2f3lylw.jpg

For each flight, the first line defines the name of the RAT object and states the name of the template unit to be used as a basis, for example this creates the RAT object ch47, to be based on the "RAT-ch47" unit template:

local ch47=RAT:New("RAT-ch47")

Then we can set options using the format object:option

ch47:SetCoalitionAircraft("blue") This sets that the ch47 objects will belong to the Blue side.

ch47:SetCoalition("sameonly") This sets that the initial and destination airfields must belong to its own coalition, blue on this case. This is to prevent that the Blue aircraft try to go into a red airfield. Keep in mind that you need to have at least two blue airfields on the map.

ch47:SetTakeoff("cold") By default, half of the RAT objects are spawn with engines off, and half with engines on.... I prefer all of them off at the start, so I use this option.

ch47:Spawn(1) Finally, this method makes RAT to create one flight of this type. As the template is a Unit with two helos, two aircrafts will be created, behaving as a single unit. The 1 is to create one flight .. I could have stated 2, 3 or more ... but I just want a light level of traffic, keep in mind that I'm also spawning units of other types of aircraft also.

Finally, the third element is to call the scripts from within the mission, using a trigger, like this:

babOuHT.jpg

The trigger will run just once, at the start of the mission, and it will first load the Moose script and second the RAT script that I shown on the second step.

When you run the mission, it will have a small 3-5 second pause at the beginning while the scripts are loaded .. thats normal. Thereafter your mission will have this random traffic going around, forcing you to play paying atention to taxi traffic, communicating with ATC and waiting for your turn to use the runways, increasing the realism and making the mission more "alive".

On this image you can see a just spawned ch47, a c-17 taxying and far away an airliner ready to take off (the airliners require a Mod):

v3AJhQG.jpg

Hope it's now more clear to you. Best regards

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

The basic instructions on first post are (hopefully), not my problem. I followed exactly that and, like I said, I can spawn the first group of aircraft/helo/c130/a320/b737 etc, but not the second or third etc. So, nothing wrong with triggers or the individual lines on lua I guess.

Edit: Can you post a simple mission like the one you mentioned now? The ones from the main post link doesnt open on my dcs version.

OK, here is a sample using civil aircrafts. You need to have CAM installed.

Cheers.

PD: The aircrafts are set to Neutral coalition, so that the red or blue AI dont attack them. This forced me to state the allowable departing and destination airports, so that the aircrafts use any airfield disergarding if its red, blue or neutral.

Test RAT Civil.miz

RAT Civil - Caucasus - 30 aircrafts.lua

Edited by Rudel_chw

OK, here is a sample using civil aircrafts. You need to have CAM installed.

Cheers.

PD: The aircrafts are set to Neutral coalition, so that the red or blue AI dont attack them. This forced me to state the allowable departing and destination airports, so that the aircrafts use any airfield disergarding if its red, blue or neutral.

Awesome, thanks! :thumbup: This one works right out of the box. I can`t see where I screwed up though. The only difference that I see is you used "RAT-Yak40" and I used "RAT_YAK" on group name/lua. But it shouldn`t matter. For now Ill just use your .lua as a reference, until I figure better how this works.

Awesome, thanks! :thumbup: This one works right out of the box. I can`t see where I screwed up though. The only difference that I see is you used "RAT-Yak40" and I used "RAT_YAK" on group name/lua. But it shouldn`t matter. For now Ill just use your .lua as a reference, until I figure better how this works.

You are welcome, :) ... here is another mission, this time with military traffic. Red aircrafts use only red airfields and same for blue.

Use F2 to view each plane, as there are no player aircrafts on it .. its just a sample.

Best regards

Test RAT Military.miz

RAT Military - Blue - 10 aircrafts.lua

RAT Military - Red - 10 aircrafts.lua

Well, with your first one serving as a baseline I managed to add others, including military as well. Not sure what was wrong with mine. I guess Ill never know lol. Would you by any chance have the documentation, since the link no longer works? I wanted to tune other details like ATC messages in corner, map visibility, etc. Again, thanks!

...Would you by any chance have the documentation, since the link no longer works?

Try this link: https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Functional.Rat.html

:) Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I really need some help, this Moose-RAT-Thing is driving me crazy. :badmood:

I'm able to successfully create some group of airplanes:

local a380=RAT:New("RAT-A380")
a380:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
a380:SetCoalition("sameonly")
a380:SetTakeoff("cold")
a380:Spawn(5)

local b727=RAT:New("RAT-B727")
b727:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
b727:SetCoalition("sameonly")
b727:SetTakeoff("cold")
b727:Spawn(10)

local b737=RAT:New("RAT-B737")
b737:SetCoalition("sameonly")
b737:SetTakeoff("cold")
b737:Spawn(10)

Then suddenly, when I try to add one more group, all planes disapear (no spawn) in the mission. Even when I revert the changes in the lua file and delete the new group - all planes are gone. This happens randomly sometimes also when I even add the second group of planes. At some point I were able to get it back working, when I delete and recreate the trigger, which executes the moose.lua & Rat.lua. Sometimes I have to delete everything. I spend some hours on this problem, but there's no pattern recognizable.

I'm on Open Beta 2.5.3.22877 and the Persian Gulf Map.

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

ratlua.thumb.png.52fbe2f4fbe92c7a084850205542f377.png

ratlua2.thumb.png.55d93b641979c1049c00fe69b4faa75b.png

Edited by Cornelius

... I'm on Open Beta 2.5.3.22877 and the Persian Gulf Map.

I havent yet used RAT on the PG Map, only on Caucasus ... I will give it a try tonight and get back to you. :)

Then suddenly, when I try to add one more group, all planes disapear (no spawn) in the mission. Even when I revert the changes in the lua file and delete the new group - all planes are gone. This happens randomly sometimes also when I even add the second group of planes.

First, you lua code looks fine! If it happens randomly, it could be that sometimes the moose.lua is not loaded before your actual script since you put both in one trigger. Just a thought. I always do it differently and use two triggers TYPE: "4 MISSION START". See pic.

RAT_mission.thumb.png.58f74b475f8544bf2b1a04f99336c499.png

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Just tried it on Caucasus map.

Now with liveries:

local a380=RAT:New("RAT-A380")
a380:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
a380:SetCoalition("sameonly")
a380:SetTakeoff("cold")
a380:Spawn(5)

local b727=RAT:New("RAT-B727")
b727:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
b727:SetCoalition("sameonly")
b727:SetTakeoff("cold")
b727:Spawn(10)

local b737=RAT:New("RAT-B737")
b737:SetCoalition("sameonly")
b737:SetTakeoff("cold")
b737:Spawn(10)

local a380skins={"Air France", "BA", "China Southern", "Clean", "Emirates", "KA", "LH", "LHF", "Qantas Airways", "QTR", "SA", "TA"}
local b727skins={"AEROFLOT", "Air France", "Alaska", "Alitalia", "American Airlines", "Clean", "Delta Airlines", "Delta Airlines OLD", "Hapag Lloyd", "Lufthansa", "Lufthansa Oberhausen Old", "Northwest", "Pan Am", "Singapore Airlines", "Southwest", "UNITED", "UNITED Old", "ZERO G"}
local b737skins={"Air Algerie", "Air Berlin", "Air France", "airBaltic", "Airzena", "AM", "American_Airlines", "British Airways", "C40s", "Clean", "Disney", "EA", "easyjet", "FINNAIR", "HARIBO", "JA", "Jet2", "kulula", "LH", "Lufthansal cessnaskins={"Blank", "D-EKVW", "HellenicAF", "Muster", "N9672H", "SEagle_blue", "SEagle_red", "USAF-Academy", "V5-BUG", "VH-JGA"}

a380:Livery(a380skins)
b727:Livery(b727skins)
b737:Livery(b737skins)

This is working as expected.

But when I add:

local b757=RAT:New("RAT-B757")
b757:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
b757:SetCoalition("sameonly")
b757:SetTakeoff("cold")
b757:Spawn(10)

local b757skins={"AA", "BA", "C-32", "Delta", "DHL", "easyJet", "Swiss", "Thomson"}
b757:Livery(b757skins)

and one new template plane, not one plane is spawning. And even when I revert everything: No plane is spawning.

Tried this also with adding a Cessna instead of an b757 - the same...

Maybe it has something to do with openbeta?

Can you attach the mission, Cornelius? I'll take a look tomorrow.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

So, I found the solution :

I really have to delete/recreate the trigger, which loads the rat.lua, every time I make a change in it. I suppose the problem seems to be, that DCS loads a script only once, after the corresponding trigger is created and the mission is then started ( I roughly remember to have read somewhere, that the contents of both lua files is beeing added to the .miz file?). I noticed that every new created trigger gets a different number, so I tried to change the number only, but no success.

It has to be deleted/recreated.

I couldn't reproduce the problem from yesterday, beeing stuck after trying to add the B757. Maybe I made a typo, but posted the correct code. I sat there for hours, my constitution was a little bit :crazy:

Today I missed the second " at : local cessna=RAT:New("RAT-CESSNA") and not one plane spawned (there were 6 in total). So maybe it was something like that. But I have no Idea, why didn't work after reverted the changes.

I added my test mission anyway. But it should work out of the box. Only later changes in the test.lua should not be adopted, without recreating the trigger.

Despite all the fumbling. Great Work, RAT (Moose) is really an enrichment for DCS!

TEST.lua

RAT-TEST PG.miz