Bingo knob doesn't have enough sensitivity

Arbil

I'm gonna put this in bugs because the bingo knob is not consistent with other knobs, like the radar alt. Grab the radar alt knob and spin it or use the mouse wheel. Now do the same with the bingo knob. It takes forever to adjust it. To go from the default 4k up to like 6k I have to grab the knob and drag my cursor to the edge of the screen like 6 times. Using the mouse wheel to scroll it? Forget about it. I think it should be more consistent with the other knobs on the jet that are manipulated the same way, needs to be more sensitive to input.

I need to ask, but I think to remember something vaguely that we were told that it was like that irl. But I could remember wrong, I will check.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The difference is, we don't have the same dexterity as real life. We need a keybind or increased sensitivity to compensate.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

I can buy in real life it's one CLICK per 90 degrees or whatever. But CLICK is the main word here. In the real world, In DCS we CLICK things with either the mouse buttons or mouse wheel or Encoder.

One "Click" needs to equal one "Click" for proper UI Harmony.

It is when both your mouse and keyboard are both off to one side of your pit out of the way of the flight controls.

Then adjust it on the ground or while autopilot is engaged like everyone else. I touch that knob a maximum of twice during an entire flight. It's a non-issue.

Then adjust it on the ground or while autopilot is engaged like everyone else. I touch that knob a maximum of twice during an entire flight. It's a non-issue.

So you never fly formation as a wingman. Got it.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

You usually set bingo to predetermined state on the ground during startup and checks, so no problem here.

Yes, usually. But many times you adjust it in flight based your mission.

As when you are just loitering you have BINGO set for when you need to leave the area. But when you are on strike or something, and suddenly happens something that requires you to extend or shorten your mission, you might readjust your BINGO value to maximize your time on site before you truly must leave.

It can be easier to do in real thing because tactile feedback, but you will not be so lucky in virtual simulator where you have different widgets to use it. So it needs to be adapted for the virtual one instead follow real one.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It is when both your mouse and keyboard are both off to one side of your pit out of the way of the flight controls.

Who uses mouse and keyboard anymore in VR era? :megalol:

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

So you never fly formation as a wingman. Got it.

Obviously you don't understand tactical formations and only ever fly Parade.

It's also fairly easy to, I dunno, glance down? There's no aural tone for Bingo in the Tomcat anyway, so checking my fuel at certain points during the mission is just habit.

Ya'll need to learn to walk without crutches.

Well, Im not sure how you calculate your BINGO fuel, but for me its enough to land with the fuel reserve of about 2-3k pounds still in tanks, total BINGO quantity depends on mission of course.

But it does not change during mission and is a HARD OUT, we have scrapped missions in squadron because of it. And sometimes its a good thing because you will need that fuel, especially around carrier, because do 2 bolter/wave offs and you are suddenly ~1,5k pounds lighter.

You may be thinking about JOKER fuel which is kind of fluid, its just a mental reminder that we set 2-3k pounds above BINGO fuel, it reminds us of "hey we should be thinking of getting home", but if we need to CAP for a while more, or do CAS on 1 or 2 more targets we do it.

Obviously you don't understand tactical formations and only ever fly Parade.

It's also fairly easy to, I dunno, glance down? There's no aural tone for Bingo in the Tomcat anyway, so checking my fuel at certain points during the mission is just habit.

Ya'll need to learn to walk without crutches.

You don't always get to fly tacform.