Persian Gulf..... Optimised?

bilbosmeggins

Hi all. Just eyeing up the Persian Gulf scenery in the sale. Just wondered if it’s a frame-rate killer or not? Currently, I only have the free Caucasus map, so that is my yardstick. If the PG is less efficient than that then I shall probably leave it, as I’m right on the edge of acceptable performance as it is. Any thoughts?

Persian gulf runs very well. No problems at all. But of course you must have good pc.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Hi all. Just eyeing up the Persian Gulf scenery in the sale. Just wondered if it’s a frame-rate killer or not? Currently, I only have the free Caucasus map, so that is my yardstick. If the PG is less efficient than that then I shall probably leave it, as I’m right on the edge of acceptable performance as it is. Any thoughts?

It obviously depends on where you're flying (flying low over Tbilisi on Caucasus is more demanding then flying over small towns in the PG). I think overall, the Dubai and Abu Dhabi area are a bit more demanding than cities in Caucasus, which is easily explainable due to the high amount of objects that need rendering in those two large city areas.

If I fly around in an empty mission, I personally don't notice any difference between Caucasus and PG to be honest. It's the amount of AI and mission complexity, that creates the real serious impact.

Edited by sirrah
typo

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks both. Probably worth giving it a try then. My system is mid-range..... i7 6700k, 16gb, GTX1080ti. But I’m a VR user, hence why I’m right on the edge of acceptable performance.

With that system you'll definitely enjoy the PG map. My system isn't that much faster (I only recently increased on RAM) and I had an absolute blast with my Rift CV1 and now wilt my Reverb.

Go for it mate. PG is awesome! :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

With that system you'll definitely enjoy the PG map. My system isn't that much faster (I only recently increased on RAM) and I had an absolute blast with my Rift CV1 and now wilt my Reverb.

Go for it mate. PG is awesome! :thumbup:

I’m on the case. Thanks. I had contemplated doubling my memory to 32gb, as I think it would help my cause quite a bit. But, with 3080’s imminent, plus Zen 3, I’m hoping to buy a whole new system as soon as possible.

I took the plunge and bought it. I don’t know if it’s the placebo effect, but it does seem kinder to my system than the Caucasus region. I flew over one of the main cities (Abu Dhabi?), and there didn’t appear to be any additional load on my pc. So very pleased from a performance point of view.

Only downer is that, apart from the F16’s one mission, none of my preferred modules have a single thing to do on there. So it’s aimless flying, or quick-gen missions. I’ll have to have a scout about and see if there are any missions I can download.

I took the plunge and bought it. I don’t know if it’s the placebo effect, but it does seem kinder to my system than the Caucasus region. I flew over one of the main cities (Abu Dhabi?), and there didn’t appear to be any additional load on my pc. So very pleased from a performance point of view.

Only downer is that, apart from the F16’s one mission, none of my preferred modules have a single thing to do on there. So it’s aimless flying, or quick-gen missions. I’ll have to have a scout about and see if there are any missions I can download.

I don't know what modules you own, but make sure to check out these dynamic missions:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=209438

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255927

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247216

System specs:

Unzip first, preferably into .\Saved Games\DCS\Missions.

Then in DCS you go into Missions and select My Missions.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I don't know what modules you own, but make sure to check out these dynamic missions:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=209438

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255927

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247216

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll have a look.

Modules owned are F16, A10C, Ka50, P51, F5E, Huey, and all FC3 planes. However, I haven’t learned the tricky ones yet (F16, Ka50, A10C). So I need fairly simple missions/campaigns I guess. Just anything to get some use out of the new map.

It's very good. Granted, most of the map doesn't have anything in it, kind of like NTTR, but the built-up areas are spectacular.

I often get better performance in the Gulf than in Caucasus. I'm not one of those 5.5 GHz i9-9900K guys with 64GB and a handful of 2080 Ti's, but I have a decent rig. It's DCS World--you need a hefty computer.

If you're happy with the performance in Caucasus, you'll probably like the Gulf.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

It's very good. Granted, most of the map doesn't have anything in it, kind of like NTTR, but the built-up areas are spectacular.

I often get better performance in the Gulf than in Caucasus. I'm not one of those 5.5 GHz i9-9900K guys with 64GB and a handful of 2080 Ti's, but I have a decent rig. It's DCS World--you need a hefty computer.

If you're happy with the performance in Caucasus, you'll probably like the Gulf.

AD

Yes, thank you. I’ve bought it, and given it a brief fly around. It certainly seems to be at least as efficient as Caucasus, but I believe it is a tad smoother. Very pleased with it. And the lighting seems way better.

I’m an idiot! Watched a YouTube video about the Persian Gulf map, and the guy pulled up quite a few missions for the various modules. Many more than I was able to find. So I fired up the PC, expecting I had a corrupt folder or something, and lo and behold, there was quite a few missions waiting for me. Absolutely no idea why they didn’t display yesterday. Anyway, I have quite a few things to be cracking on with now.

Started off with an air-to-air refuelling mission, with the F16. It was my first attempt, but somehow don’t think I’ll be welcome to try again, seeing as I slammed into the tanker from beneath, and we both burst into flames. I must admit, it was quite a release after all of the tension created by trying to get into position. I positively laughed out loud when I saw two parachutes open. I know that’s not quite in the spirit of things, but hey-ho :D