NAVFLIR hotspot detector - a proposal

Flagrum

I hope it is something you can turn off or declutter.

The HUD gets very busy as it is with the RWR lollipops and then to add hots spots will just make it worse.

Unless someone can point me to a way to turn off the Lollipops without turning off the RWR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

The HUD gets very busy as it is with the RWR lollipops and then to add hots spots will just make it worse.

Unless someone can point me to a way to turn off the Lollipops without turning off the RWR.

Not sure, I know on the hornet its doable and it uses very similar systems, but I'm not sure if the harrier can or not. Or if IRL it can or not.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

2+ years later and we still don't have this very key feature implemented....
As Zeus97 said very clear 2+ years ago, we won't get it, unless a DCS engine change gives an option to handle the load. So you will likely need to wait a couple more years for DCS World 3.x or later... It's pretty useless to demand something to be added, when the situation has not changed.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

IRL it has a limit of indications and IIRC you can reduce it further.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've tried asking at various other places and it seems the Lollipops stay on as long as the RWR is on.

If there is a limit I wish it was lower. Sometimes it looks like a peacock tail fanned across the HUD.

Sounds like the "Hot Spots" are a ways off so that's good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've tried asking at various other places and it seems the Lollipops stay on as long as the RWR is on.

If there is a limit I wish it was lower. Sometimes it looks like a peacock tail fanned across the HUD.

Sounds like the "Hot Spots" are a ways off so that's good.

Basically it is a different revision of the F/A-18C RWR. If it is similar it should be possible to switch HUD indications on and off, as well as at least filter friendlies?! It seems RWR is still one of the more classified areas, so maybe that's a problem to get exact specs, but a good best guess and extrapolation from public sources should get us close enough.

The Hot Spot indicator has options to reduce the indications.

Shagrat

As Zeus97 said very clear 2+ years ago, we won't get it, unless a DCS engine change gives an option to handle the load. So you will likely need to wait a couple more years for DCS World 3.x or later... It's pretty useless to demand something to be added, when the situation has not changed.

Yeah, this is one area I'm not gonna give them a hard time about. Plus as we have seen with the mirage, they are willing to go back and "upgrade" a module. So hopefully once ED actually "de-buggers" the FLIR model they have RAZBAM can do the hot spot tracker.

In the meantime I'd be happy with wind corrections and moving target corrections :) and debugging the various display issues.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Brainfreeze said:

Heres hoping . . . !

If it can be implemented, that would be fantastic.

But, as has been alluded to prior in this thread HOW it will work, and the selection of “targets”, be it vehicles or heated points due to generators, chimneys etc., and the range, would be problematic I think.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

3 hours ago, garyscott said:

Heres hoping . . . !

If it can be implemented, that would be fantastic.

But, as has been alluded to prior in this thread HOW it will work, and the selection of “targets”, be it vehicles or heated points due to generators, chimneys etc., and the range, would be problematic I think.

• Thanks 1