Cant get DCS-SRS client to work

So, I installed DCS-SRS for radio comms. Followed Grim Reapers setup video, didnt install scrips so I could use the radio separate from the in cockpit controls. I can connect to SRS servers, like socal throughtheinferno, and get the client list, but on my radio overlay, I cant tune my radio to any frequencies. All sliders are unclickable and displays say 'unknown'. My app says 'server' and 'VOIP' are connected, but GAME and lotATC show no connection. Im sure Im just doing something really dumb, and I cant figure out what it is. Can anyone help?

20200705_225132.thumb.jpg.2e09600147956686cff58e34fa87d544.jpg

20200705_225138.thumb.jpg.924088ecba53ee6aecac5ce54dd362ca.jpg

It doesnt do anything there either. Nothing clickable on the radio overlay when I am in cockpit.

The overlay is simply telling you what SRS "sees" on your aircraft radios. You cannot interact with it.

Tune the radios using the aircraft radio controls and it should be reflected on the SRS overlay if you have electric power to the aircraft.

A general rule is that if something has "Simple" or "Smart" in the name, it isn't.

• Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

I think thats a bit unfair to SRS, its a great mod and the integration with DCS is really fairly seamless. Getting it to send input back to DCS to change channels would be much more complex to achieve and likely require you to sync all the controls anyway

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

The overlay is simply telling you what SRS "sees" on your aircraft radios. You cannot interact with it.

That isn't entirely true. Depends on the module and radio. For example, in FC3 modules the radios can be tuned, volume set, etc. using the overlay. And on servers that have enabled "expansion radios" those are also tuned using the overlay. But if the radio is tuneable using cockpit controls then you can't tune it using the overlay.

But you can't tune an SRS radio by any means if it is listed as "unknown." If the "game" light isn't coming on when you are in game, or if it is on and you are in the cockpit with the power on and the radio turned on, but the overlay still says "unknown" for every radio, then there is a problem with your installation and you probably want to post in the SRS support channels. (Primary support is on Discord but Cribob monitors the original SRS thread on this forum too.)

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals