If player is in manual control of unit, penalty of damage is no applied

If you take a certain amount of damage, your unit will start having degraded performance. For example, it will have a lower maximum speed.

If you are manually controlling a unit and you take an amount of damage which should give you a performance penalty it is not applied, you have to leave control of the unit and re-enter it for penalties to apply.

So I can get my tank down to 1% of health or even 0% (I've had cases where it would be at 0 but still alive), but if I was in the tank, controlling it while it took that damage, I can still go maximum speed.

Further, I believe there used to be a reload time penalty as well, which I cannot see in the current open beta (as of the 27th of June 2020). At low enough health, the tank AI is rendered useless and it won't shoot, but if you take control of the tank, it works perfectly fine (except the lower top speed, unless you were in control of the tank as it took damage). This becomes a big issues, when you pair it with the fact that the M1A2 outperforms every other MBT in DCS and take in consideration all the issus, which I have described in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4403147#post4403147

Damage Taken.trk

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• ED Team

I will ask the team, I am not aware of any changes

However when a player takes control the AI restriction for speed is no longer applied, it has always been this way, noticeable on rough terrain when AI will be restricted with speed but a player controlled unit wont.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Well, this was specific about taking damage. You take damage, while in the vehicle, max speed is not changed (bug). You exit and enter the vehicle again, now max speed is limited, as it should be.

In general, AI and players should have the same limitations, in my opinion.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days