Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

Is it possible to get locations and/or lat/long? I know its not ideal however IRL you don't get 'head 45nm on 140 bearing' given traffic, wind, etc.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

80m rope length?

You can customize its length from radio menu "Other"

i use 60m

there is a minimum height with rope length which may be the problem.

at 60m you need to be a minimum height of 45m.

which is well above the trees.

if the pickup clock say 5 seconds then you are too high or too low above the target. for the rope length.

Edited by Quadg

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Hey, just tried the server, great idea, a lot of potential.

Couple of notes, all hospitals were full, only hospital I had on the list which had 1! spot open was 180km away. Everything else, close or far was full, meanwhile there were a lot of rescue tasks open.

It is not clear if you have to activate anything or just fly to an objective (briefing wise).

The location of the people who need rescuing isn't clear. A grid location, can be given, you have to fly to it and then search for person in that grid. (So you don't need to use the F10 map to see them)

Would be interesting if it can be made random, if the people you have to rescue have a signal flare/smoke or a beacon.

The above two can be combined and make it so, if the people on the ground have a beacon/radio, you can receive messages from them(if tuned to the right frequency), that they hear you or see you and guide you. If they don't have a radio, they can pop a smoke/flare when you are close.

You have to be extremely precise with your hover and smoke can block your view. I think it would be cool, if the zone in which you have to hover is increased in size, but the pickup time is increased to 30 or 45 seconds (or more depending on how many people you have to get). This way you simulate that somebody goes down the rope, attaches the person, he gets brought up and then the rescuer is brought up. Additionally, it actually be sequenced, so you have different stages (timers) and you have to more or less steady.

I think the last point can bring the experience on that extra level, thanks for the server, great concept, looking forward to playing more.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Hey, just tried the server, great idea, a lot of potential.

Couple of notes, all hospitals were full, only hospital I had on the list which had 1! spot open was 180km away. Everything else, close or far was full, meanwhile there were a lot of rescue tasks open.

It is not clear if you have to activate anything or just fly to an objective (briefing wise).

The location of the people who need rescuing isn't clear. A grid location, can be given, you have to fly to it and then search for person in that grid. (So you don't need to use the F10 map to see them)

Would be interesting if it can be made random, if the people you have to rescue have a signal flare/smoke or a beacon.

The above two can be combined and make it so, if the people on the ground have a beacon/radio, you can receive messages from them(if tuned to the right frequency), that they hear you or see you and guide you. If they don't have a radio, they can pop a smoke/flare when you are close.

You have to be extremely precise with your hover and smoke can block your view. I think it would be cool, if the zone in which you have to hover is increased in size, but the pickup time is increased to 30 or 45 seconds (or more depending on how many people you have to get). This way you simulate that somebody goes down the rope, attaches the person, he gets brought up and then the rescuer is brought up. Additionally, it actually be sequenced, so you have different stages (timers) and you have to more or less steady.

I think the last point can bring the experience on that extra level, thanks for the server, great concept, looking forward to playing more.

Server was restarted recently. Need to check that Hospitals have supplies, or they won't be able to treat patients, therefore maybe that is why they are full, because people are not bringing supplies in :) We are checking

Overall, current server state is kind of test of features. We want to implement each feature we have in mind and test it first, then when all features are ready we would need to work on how map should look like to accommodate all features in one environment. So we expect some sloppy placement and briefing vagueness now :(

SAR missions directions and how they are displayed were reported by a lot of guys here, this is what we would need to rework. Thanks!

Pickup time 30 to 45 sec. could be made as part of SAR mission difficulty. Later we would need to make different types of SAR missions, some of them will be a lot easier than others and most likely they will appear on user demand and would be tied to specific pilot.

Currently we are trying to make proof of concept for fire fighting missions, which is not easy.

As said before we tried to not disclose all plans, partially because not sure everything can be implemented, partially because we have seen that our ideas taken and implemented on other servers :) not sure how to feel about that :) Even here in this thread one of the ideas spoken here before, appeared in a certain server after 2 months.

We would like to increase our pace, but not sure if its possible yet.

I think I am missing something but again all bases are full. They also seem to have some supplies.

What should we do to unload them?

In support of that post. If there is something that we are missing (somekind of a mechanic), please do tell, so we can start doing it.

Screen_200703_143721.png

Couple of cool screens I grabbed from a supply flight. 1000 KGs external and 250 internal.

Screen_200703_150639.png

Screen_200703_153043.png

Can you share what was the weather template for the last couple of hours ? It was beautiful !

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I was just trying for the first time, and when i was landing on a hospital saw the full patient message. And see on the F10 that all are full.

I have to add that i was trying to join the SRS but it can´t connect

Regards!

Current issue with full hospitals is fixed.

We need to experiment with patients heal rate.

So ethic decision was made to not erase currently registered patients in hospitals :D but double hospitals capacity. Also heal rate for patients is now double faster, please warn us if patients will still be healing slow while inside medical facilities and if they will be filling up again.

Edited by Multiplayer team
typo

How long does it take for a patient to heal ? Is progress saved with server restarts ?

Currently it is 12 hours for patient to heal 100 of health. Thing is patients you save in field have random health which drops until they are saved. So if you bring patient in with 60% of health it should take less than 6 hours for them to heal.

All patients data is saved on server hard drive and mission independent. (edit: sorry being sophisticated here. Yes they are saved between restarts!)

Edited by Multiplayer team
being smartass instead of answer straight

Please go back to infantry units or whatever that is not from the carriers. These carrier units seem to always hold 90 to the surface they are on. Not good for spatial orientation awareness.

+1

A very strange view, and very little chance to rescue properly on a snow-white steep plane in the mountains without texture. Lost several people in such a situation sad.gif

Hello,

I've flown on this server in the past and really enjoy it. Yesterday and today, I have had a problem when trying to connect. About 50% of attempts fail because of IC check "Requires Pure Client" - I've repaired twice today to confirm no mods/unauth/edited files present. The other 50%, I get the normal loading screen to completion, then a flash of the F10 map, and then it goes black and stays that way indefinitely. No response to any inputs, but when closing the DCS window from taskbar, I get the "Are you sure you want to quit" DCS dialogue box popup.

I've never encountered this before, either here or any other server. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks again for a well made and enjoyable playground!

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa