[FIXED]Aircraft refuse do go to divert base

Aircraft cannot be forced to go to a divert airbase. If you re-route them via the DCS task mission task, they refuse to land and go back to their original base. The only way to do this is to re-spawn the group which has other unrealistic side effects.

As diverting is a very common practice in real life, it would be nice make this possible.

Thanks.

Edited by funkyfranky

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a little example mission showcasing the issue.

An F-5E starts at Batumi and is supposed to fly to Sukhumi. After 10 min, it gets the order to divert to Kobuleti.

However, when it reaches Kobuleti, it goes back to Batumi.

Divert.miz

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Would have to search the forums for it, but it is related to the AI issue where they don't follow a route the same way if they were spawned with a task vs assigned the exact same task after they spawn. For instance instead of a normal turning point they'd default to fly-over point if assigned the task. Same thing impacted the landing WP. They don't see the new landing point as valid, thus default back to the base they started at.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Would have to search the forums for it, but it is related to the AI issue where they don't follow a route the same way if they were spawned with a task vs assigned the exact same task after they spawn. For instance instead of a normal turning point they'd default to fly-over point if assigned the task. Same thing impacted the landing WP. They don't see the new landing point as valid, thus default back to the base they started at.

Thanks for the explanation, Grimes! I was not aware that there are more issues when you create a new route via scripting.

I guess the reports about this are meanwhile in the read-only legacy versions sections.

Any idea why these long standing bugs are not addressed (it does not appear to be an unsolvable problem)? Does it make sense to report them again or am I wasting my time here?

Any idea why these long standing bugs are not addressed (it does not appear to be an unsolvable problem)? Does it make sense to report them again or am I wasting my time here?

There is no harm in reporting bugs like this because it is extremely helpful if it hasn't been reported or is reported but some wrinkle of information was missed. Especially if there are many facets to it like this one or the AI engagement range post. At minimum it'd be a reminder to check on the status.

In the instance of this specific bug is a little bit of an odd one because a fix was implemented on the test build, but I viewed it more as a workaround than returning to original functionality. There was some back and forth over it but it eventually stopped. Meanwhile time passes, I report other bugs, the dev does whatever it is that he does, and it slowly gets forgotten about. For whatever reason the fix was never merged, so I requested that it should be.

As for why it takes so long for some, I don't know. I'm not privy to all the tasks that any given dev does on a daily basis or if there are prioritization directives for different fixes. It is certainly frustrating on my end. I'm pretty much the only person reporting and monitoring scripting engine bugs, so invariably I am the one that gets to answer why something hasn't been fixed, and that answer is above my pay grade. I wish telling ED that the majority of servers online at any given moment with 10+ players uses at least minimal scripting would justify them spending more time on fixing and adding to it. But that memo seems to lost with the TPS reports.

There is no harm in reporting bugs like this because it is extremely helpful if it hasn't been reported or is reported but some wrinkle of information was missed. Especially if there are many facets to it like this one or the AI engagement range post. At minimum it'd be a reminder to check on the status.

Thanks mate, your additional words about what's happening "behind the scenes" is actually very motivating. I usually don't expect things to be fixed "right away" but it is important to know that something is happening and the time invested in reporting a bug was not in vain.

As for why it takes so long for some, I don't know. I'm not privy to all the tasks that any given dev does on a daily basis or if there are prioritization directives for different fixes. It is certainly frustrating on my end. I'm pretty much the only person reporting and monitoring scripting engine bugs, so invariably I am the one that gets to answer why something hasn't been fixed, and that answer is above my pay grade.

I can only speak for myself but still, I think most people are aware that you are the one reporting things and that you are not responsible for what is fixed and what is not.

In any case, you are doing a great job and you are helping a lot of people - many are not even aware of it. So I hope this comes across as it is meant, i.e. a little boost for your motivation.

I wish telling ED that the majority of servers online at any given moment with 10+ players uses at least minimal scripting would justify them spending more time on fixing and adding to it. But that memo seems to lost with the TPS reports.

In your opinion, is there is anything we (as a community) could do to help?

In your opinion, is there is anything we (as a community) could do to help?

Perhaps getting someone higher up the food chain to acknowledge certain bugs and follow up on it periodically until it gets resolved. Probably something more than just a forum post like some of the posts I've seen on the ship warehouse inventory in multiplayer and getPlayerName() being broken for multicrew aircraft. Though that is certainly fine to make posts on the off chance it impacts anything and as a reminder.

• 1 month later...

Issue is fixed in DCS 2.5.6 with additional "airborne" parameter in the mission task [1].