Severe FPS drop and GPU usage reduction when Mirrors are turned on

Tomcat14B

Hi all,

Don't know if this has been addressed before, or if it is a known bug.

As you all know, there are several reports of low GPU usage in DCS's history as far as I can tell. Yesterday i was forced to set my video options to "Medium" and a 1440p resolution with barely 40% GPU usage. Vsync on/off does not matter, can only get 40 fps on my brand new RTX 2080. Full screen ON (alt + tab trick done). And yeah, I got the RAM, SSD m.2 and Intel i5-6600k 4.5 GHz, page file etc, that is not the issue.

Here comes the good part. I have mirrors in my F-14B Tomcat default set to ON. When I randomly turned my mirrors off, to my surprise, the GPU usage went up to about 55% delivering 60FPS with VSYNC on. As an experiment, i switched to "High" settings with "Extreme" visibility AND 4k resolution, basically everything maxed out, vsync on. Had about 40 fps with low GPU usage and with the mirrors on. When I turned the mirrors off, my GPU usage went up to 60-65% and stable 60 FPS no matter the situation on the screen. :lol:

I mean, this is a severe bug that reduces FPS but more importantly, seem to corrupt the whole graphic performance and throttling the GPU usage. This MUST be fixed ASAP.

Running the DCS open beta newest version as of 07.05.19 and newest Nvidia drivers.

Please ED / Heatblur, fix this. To everyone else, please spread the word on this.