VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Since it worked for you before, you'll need to think about which changes you made to your system.

If you followed the the FAQ steps https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html, the problem is not the plugin but something specific to your rig.

The basics again:

- Run a FULL DCS Cleanup and Repair https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/.

- Confirm in DCS settings are according to manual and correct F14 settings are applied for AIRIO (see manual)

- For testing disable all background apps and mods, disconnect hardware

- Confirm your Windows account has UAC admin rights with R/W access to all folders

- For testing disable antivirus and firewall

- Disable all plugin options, switch off audio redir

- Confirm correct VA installation and VA settings (see manual), VA MUST run as admin

- If no joy enable debug mode and look in the log window for error messages

- Look for results across various mission, modules, settings (easy comms).

- Apply the registry fix (bottom page) https://www.vaicompro.com/support.html

- Look in DCS.log for additional hints.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Although i did today even DCS repair and update per instruction still doesnt work..When opening VA i get this message about ptt key not in use chechk confiiguration, and in my config all ptt buttons are set

img4.thumb.jpg.4ac58735b76ed426c5b49764c7cd1a1e.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

@Hollywood_315

issue linked with last steam open beta update, because in stable version vaicom works without any issue, but problem has come back in OB. Core of problem what VA get mission\jet\atc data in every request and brokes recognition

(in normal case this info show only in start mission)

KAx5gVi1nk3yr8.jpg

Edited by Theseus

Live Long and Prosper

@Hollywood. I agree with the guys that is seems the last few updates to OpenBeta has broken something (not only the last one, at least the one before that as well) because I get issues with stuff I didn't before.

I don't think VAICOM PRO is the culprit, but seems something changed in DCS patches.

First of all, behaviour started with that it is harder to contact recipient without explicit, (the name for ATC in my case), stating the name of the airport, to make it respond. Now that wasn't really annoying for me as I always do this anyway, but it's annoying when speech won't recognize the airport, and tower and ATC commands ain't working anymore.

2019-12-04_12-57-02.png.c033c031b741710bdce925f31a94c3b5.png

Also yesterday it seems that they've changed out radios for satellite comms.

I was at Qeshm Island in the Persian Gulf, go figure.

Just to make it clear, as you can see I used the "menu" in DCS, no "voice command" actually, but Voice Attack was started and VAICOM PRO plugin loaded.

Screen_191207_020616.thumb.png.d0dee6c70aa815709a7d7bdcb36d0c2a.png

On a side note. Maybe I'm lazy and haven't looked in the right places.

Is there a list of English airport/base names as opposed to the Russian names? After choosing English as language in the plugin it seems that ATC/Airport names have changed, at least the responses you get.

Hope I was clear with the last part...

One more thing, I was helping out [TS's] FoxTrotAlpha_691 on Discord last night, were he was frustrated because nothing worked in the free J-11 module from Deka.

He said he had been in contact with both you and Deka, and that Deka didn't use VA/VAICOM and therefore put the blame on the VAICOM plugin.

Way we solved it was just having him load an empty profile in VA at startup. Any change you can nudge Wags into having Deka have look at it, because I take it the JF-17 works well as nobody has reported problems with it and VAICOM yet.

Edited by MAXsenna

@Hollywood. I agree with the guys that is seems the last few updates to OpenBeta has broken something (not only the last one, at least the one before that as well) because I get issues with stuff I didn't before.

I agree. For me, VAICOM is not working any more since the last to DCS patches. For example, in the Hornet, it tells me, that Easy communication is ON while it is clearly not.

This is what I get, when I use the PTT button. Commands are not acknowledged.

4:56:00 PM - Listening suspended
4:55:59 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
4:55:57 PM - Chatter initialized. 
4:55:57 PM - Resources added. 
4:55:57 PM - Adding chatter resources.. Navy
4:55:57 PM - Adding themepack collections
4:55:57 PM - Listening suspended
4:55:57 PM - Nearest ATC: Al Minhad AB.
4:55:57 PM - Player Ozelot entered module FA-18C Hornet, unit callsign 111
4:55:57 PM - Resetting selected units.
4:55:57 PM - DCS mission | Training
4:55:57 PM - ------------------------------------------
4:55:57 PM - Listening resumed
4:55:57 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
4:55:56 PM - Listening suspended
4:55:56 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
4:55:55 PM - Chatter initialized. 
4:55:55 PM - Resources added. 
4:55:55 PM - Adding chatter resources.. Navy
4:55:55 PM - Adding themepack collections
4:55:55 PM - Listening suspended
4:55:55 PM - Nearest ATC: Al Minhad AB.
4:55:55 PM - Player Ozelot entered module FA-18C Hornet, unit callsign 111
4:55:55 PM - Resetting selected units.
4:55:55 PM - DCS mission | Training

Before I enter the plane, commands are correctly handled, however.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

@FF Thanks, can't reproduce any issues so far on ob, all working smoothly here (double mission start data log entries are themselves benign and do no necessarly point to a problem btw).

Can you confirm the easy comms on is not enforced by the mission, and more importantly if enabling/disabling voice chat makes a difference for behavior.

If so any leads from DCS.log you can provide may help.

-- UPDATE --

After trying many times randomly hitting the keyboard PTT keys I could reproduce one or two forced PTT 'hangs' with VA 1.8.2.

Something that has been impossible to achieve with VA 1.7.8 (attached, remove your current VA program folder first): can you test with VA 1.7.8 version and report back please thanks.

VA_178.zip

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@Hollywood_315 I posted all my logs here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4128868&postcount=3520. Can it be of any use for you?

The only thing i did in the last few months is that i moved location of my Saved games to x: partition..Could that be a problem for VA? Although DCS recognized that move of My savegame folder without problems?

@funkyfranky - do you have your module listed in VA PTT tab when entering mission: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4127382&postcount=3511 ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

@hreigh Thanks moving to x: is not an issue and the plugin seems to recognise the path just fine.

I would be interested in dcs.log particularly.

Confirm your VA is latest 1.8.2 and check in Options / Special / F14 that Radio menu behaviour is set to Default.

Yes VA is latest, F14 radio menu i set t Default...There is also new option for voice chat which is set to on...But any other modules are not recognized also, so i dont think its related to f14 rio

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Ok finally it works for me...Here are steps i did at the end..

1. Cleaned and repaired dcs install

2. moved MY savedgames folder to C:

3. deleted my DCS Open Beta folder from C:\Users\hrvoj\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

4. master zero reset all in VA + uninstalled Voice attack

5 installed VA in default directory, reapply all licenses

6 configure and import per VAICOM PRO manual

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

@FF Thanks, can't reproduce any issues so far on ob, all working smoothly here (double mission start data log entries are themselves benign and do no necessarly point to a problem btw).

Can you confirm the easy comms on is not enforced by the mission, and more importantly if enabling/disabling voice chat makes a difference for behavior.

If so any leads from DCS.log you can provide may help.

-- UPDATE --

After trying many times randomly hitting the keyboard PTT keys I could reproduce one or two forced PTT 'hangs' with VA 1.8.2.

Something that has been impossible to achieve with VA 1.7.8 (attached, remove your current VA program folder first): can you test with VA 1.7.8 version and report back please thanks.

Thanks mate. However, I'm still on VA 1.7.8. So that cannot be the issue.

Easy comms are not forced by the mission. It is a mission I ran for a couple of months without any issues so far.

Also voice chat enabled/disabled does not make a difference.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

I have an interesting one, when I connect to the Persian Gulf Blue Flag server, the config window doesnt update with the plane I am in. While the regular radio commands worked, AIRIO did not.

I connected to the Caucasus Blue Flag server, worked fine. GAW, worked fine. I ended up having to disable AIRIO and use the wheel to fly on PG. What files would help determine what is going on?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

@FF Thanks can't reproduce, all working fine on the test rig.

There have been no changes to the plugin.

If it's an ob snag it may resolve itself in next update.

SRS made some changes recently, perhaps try with updating to latest version or disabling.

@D3adCy11nd3r Should work ok, we'll have a look to see if it can be reproduced.

@soupyc Yeah that MP server came up before recently. BFPG server appears to run

some kind of special custom script, rendering it incompatible.

Perhaps contact the server admins. Caucasus a.o. working fine.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@FF Thanks can't reproduce, all working fine on the test rig.

There have been no changes to the plugin.

If it's an ob snag it may resolve itself in next update.

Still, why do I get all these messages

11:27:58 PM - [b]Listening suspended[/b]
11:27:58 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
11:27:57 PM - Chatter initialized. 
11:27:57 PM - Resources added. 
11:27:57 PM - Adding chatter resources.. Navy
11:27:57 PM - Adding themepack collections
11:27:57 PM - [b]Listening suspended[/b]
11:27:57 PM - Nearest ATC: Senaki-Kolkhi.
11:27:57 PM - Player Ozelot entered module FA-18C Hornet, unit callsign 411
11:27:57 PM - Resetting selected units.
11:27:57 PM - DCS mission | Caucasus FA-18C Ready on the Ramp
11:27:57 PM - ------------------------------------------
11:27:57 PM - Listening resumed
11:27:57 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

each time I push the PTT button TX1? Also, the listening is suspended two times! The first time while I still hold TX1. Something clearly is not working as expected :helpsmilie:

I did a reset of the lua code files in VAICOM but it did not help. Maybe it is more specific to my setup. But it worked for years now and I did not change anything on my end except the DCS update.

Attached the complete VAICOMPRO.log file as well. Hope it helps :)

(There are some command recognized, e.g. "Chief, Request Rearming". But that was before I entered an aircraft. Up to that point, everything was working fine.)

VAICOMPRO.zip

Any reason my F10 menus aren't importing for the JF-17? Specifically the ones relating to data cartridges?

Edited by Phil The Burn

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

@funkyfranky

I have the same problem - a was getting the "listening is suspended" two times, and normal recognition when game paused.

I think the reason in latest openbeta dcs update, because VA\Vaicom works good with stable version dcs, but issue comes back in openbeta. I found some working "fix" which works with steam version dcs:

1 / delete all vaicom files (I saved only vaicom profile in VA), reinstal VA and vaicom, update dcs to stable version (option: opt out all of all beta programs), launch VA\Vaicom and set path to DCS folder in steam directory in vaicom config tab. Restart VA with admin rights - everything should work.

2/ update dcs to openbeta, but NOT set "ob" checkbox in vaiciom config tab - if I check it, I get all issues back

I have no idea why this works, but it works in my case.

Edited by Theseus

Live Long and Prosper

@Jason @Theseus @FF Thanks for the updates.

Indeed some unexplained Mission Start entries in @FF's logfile.

I get that this occurs only on ob.

Since I for the life of me can't reproduce it myself, looking for specifics.

It is a mission I ran for a couple of months without any issues so far.

Just to check: does that mean this effect occur only with a specific mission / module?

If so, can you share a link to the misison file to test with.

To get a lead, can you see if changing config/preference settings makes any difference.

Did you disable mods and other entries in export.lua. Anything to see in DCS.log?

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Just to check: does that mean this effect occur only with a specific mission / module?

If so, can you share a link to the misison file to test with.

To get a lead, can you see if changing config/preference settings makes any difference.

Did you disable mods and other entries in export.lua. Anything to see in DCS.log?

No, it happens with all missions and modules (at least the ones I have tested). I have it in Instant Action missions like the Hornet Ready on the Ramp etc.

I did change a lot of settings. Removed the Chatter and AIRIO dlls. Did remove everything in the export.lua except VAICOM. Did a DCS repair. Updated from VA 1.78 to 1.82.

Unfortunately it did not help. Very strange...

I repaired and cleaned DCS, removed and reinstalled VA and Vaicom, but it still won't work and won't show any module in the control panel

Did you point VA to the right directory path in config options? And selected OB if you use open beta?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I´m using DCS Open Beta Steam version.

I can´t get the PTT config screen to show the module I´m running, and keeps saying Easy Comms ON. Which they are not.

Custom DCS path is checked and assigned. OB is checked too.

\saved games\dcs\scripts\export file has been deleted and so

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle