Communicate with AI Wingman-4

apolloace

In SP missions, with 3 AI wingmans, how do you communicate with wingman-4.

I am communicating with wingman-3 to engage a target, but wingman-4 does not follow his lead(wingman-3). He continues as it is.

I do not use the Flight command as I want wingman-2 to stay with me.

:helpsmilie:

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Still no reply. :(

Can anyone confirm : Is this a real bug or things are supposed to be this way?? :helpsmilie:

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

It might be just a bug. No 4 is lead by no 3 (Element lead). I suggest checking to see if he does what you tell him, for example to engage, and as long as 3 replies, check if he actually does it.

But wingman comms are chock-full of bugs and logical problems and have been for ages.

Example- grab a flight of Spitfires and engage bandits- and one of the wingman will say "2, engaging bandits...2 engaging bandits..2 engaging bandits.. 2 en..." constantly, all the way to the mission stops.(Even if the bandits are killed and the engagement is over).

It has been like this for months and months.

• Like 1

It might just be an artifacy of the way I use the wingmen but I don't recall ever seeing them fly as elements. Rather they just fly as a loose collection of individuals that you command. Or that's been my impression. If true, then it's really not a bug but, rather, a missing feature.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

It might just be an artifacy of the way I use the wingmen but I don't recall ever seeing them fly as elements. Rather they just fly as a loose collection of individuals that you command. Or that's been my impression. If true, then it's really not a bug but, rather, a missing feature.

But how can you do basic comms with AI Wingman-4, like the other 2 wingman?

But how can you do basic comms with AI Wingman-4, like the other 2 wingman?

There is no wingman 4. There is just you and 3 wingmen. You are the first aircraft in the flight as flight leader, the 2nd aircraft is wingman #1, the third aircraft is wingman 2, and the fourth aircraft is wingman 3.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

There is no wingman 4. There is just you and 3 wingmen. You are the first aircraft in the flight as flight leader, the 2nd aircraft is wingman #1, the third aircraft is wingman 2, and the fourth aircraft is wingman 3.

Ok, I am the 1st aircraft of a four ship formation.

I give command to wingman 2 : the 2nd aircraft reacts.

I give command to wingman 3 : the 3rd aircraft reacts.

But how do you communicate with the 4th aircraft then?? There are no commands.

The 4th aircraft does not react until & unless I press F1 for the whole flight. Then everybody reacts and it messes up the formation.

I want the 3rd & 4th aircraft to go search for bandits, and 2nd aircraft to stay with me(the lead).

How do I do that??

wingman.jpg.539292e08ca517fa3b76f8e17538ff8c.jpg

Ok, I am the 1st aircraft of a four ship formation.

I give command to wingman 2 : the 2nd aircraft reacts.

I give command to wingman 3 : the 3rd aircraft reacts.

But how do you communicate with the 4th aircraft then?? There are no commands.

The 4th aircraft does not react until & unless I press F1 for the whole flight. Then everybody reacts and it messes up the formation.

I want the 3rd & 4th aircraft to go search for bandits, and 2nd aircraft to stay with me(the lead).

How do I do that??

That's different from what I see. Each wingman takes commands. However, when it comes to engaging bandits, they fly as individuals. So you need to give the command to each one. 4 will not follow 3. You have to send 3, then send 4. Otherwise 4 will move to a position off your wing and remain there. The AI is, for the time being, lacking.

_____

That's different from what I see. Each wingman takes commands. However, when it comes to engaging bandits, they fly as individuals. So you need to give the command to each one. 4 will not follow 3. You have to send 3, then send 4. Otherwise 4 will move to a position off your wing and remain there. The AI is, for the time being, lacking.

"You have to send 3, then send 4."

Well how do you send 4? Which command?

If you use F1 for Flight, you send all of them.

Then have to call back the ones you need to stay with the formation.

Really irritating. Surely the AI is way behind the whole sim.

"You have to send 3, then send 4."

Well how do you send 4? Which command?

If you use F1 for Flight, you send all of them.

Then have to call back the ones you need to stay with the formation.

Really irritating. Surely the AI is way behind the whole sim.

??? I simply select the wingman I want to command and, then, select the appropriate option(s) from his menu tree. Unfortunately, I’m not at my computer right now so I can’t give you the specifics. This works when the AI is aware of the enemy.

If the enemy’s presence is not known, about the only thing you can do is tell wingman 3 to continue the mission. Interestingly, in this situation, wingman 4 will go with him. They will continue to follow the mission waypoints while you and your wingman do something else.

_____

Dude, read what Ironman said.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Can you please provide a little more detail? We don't know the aircraft you're flying nor the mission you've seen the issue happening.

Or is your problem solved?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Can you please provide a little more detail? We don't know the aircraft you're flying nor the mission you've seen the issue happening.

Or is your problem solved?

No the problem is not solved.

"Lack of Wingman Command" issues are general.

Agree with Ironman, there is no point in arguing, when you are not able get your point across.

No the problem is not solved.

...there is no point in arguing, when you are not able get your point across.

I don't think anyone is arguing. Just not sure where the problem lies. If you would be so kind, record a short track using the Caucasus map (because everyone has that). Don't know what aircraft you own but, hopefully, it's one that I own (avoid the WWII warbirds except for the P-47--that one I have) demonstrating the issue. Then tell use what you were trying to do. That way we can view the disconnect.

_____

The problem is that you have 3 wingmen but only 2 F10 options to select indivdual aircraft in your flight. I have the same issue, but given all the limitations of AI currently I never looked into it very deeply.

DCS somewhere at sometime did provide the option to communicate with all wingmen but this was either changed, or limited to certain modules. I remember with the A-10 you could give orders to your second element but I don't recall seeing this on any other module.

The comm options are a bit of a mess in need of a fix.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

The problem is that you have 3 wingmen but only 2 F10 options to select indivdual aircraft in your flight. I have the same issue, but given all the limitations of AI currently I never looked into it very deeply.

DCS somewhere at sometime did provide the option to communicate with all wingmen but this was either changed, or limited to certain modules. I remember with the A-10 you could give orders to your second element but I don't recall seeing this on any other module.

Could not have said it better.

Maybe, I put it in a complicated way :doh:, but Exorcet simplified it.

You guys could do a little effort. I've asked what aircraft you were flying and you didn't answer. But I'm patient. I've just tested all the aircraft I own on the release version. My goal was to make Wingman 4 to get back to base. Here are the results:

Player manages his own wingman (W2) as an individual and the "second element" (W3 + W4) as a group :

The following aircraft had W3 and W4 getting back to base when I asked the "second element" to do so.

• A-10C
  • AJS37
  • C-101CC
  • C-101EB
  • MiG-15bis
  • TF-51D
  • F-14B (it says "Wingman 2" instead of Wingman, and "Wingman 3" instead of Second element)

Player manages his 3 wingmen (W2, W3 and W4) as individuals

The following aircraft had only W4 getting back to base when I asked "Wingman 4" to do so.

• AV-8B
  • M-2000C
  • A-10AF-15C
  • MiG-29A
  • MiG-29S
  • Su-25
  • Su-25T
  • Su-27
  • Su-33

Now, could you please tell me in which aircraft your wingman 4 is not responding to your 'Engage' orders?

And what is the target, by the way? Air to Ground ? Air to Air ?

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Now, could you please tell me in which aircraft your wingman 4 is not responding to your 'Engage' orders?

And what is the target, by the way? Air to Ground ? Air to Air ?

I was flying the Hornet. It was an A-A Mission.

+1

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png