Back to bvr mode

bob_baer

Undesignate is the way to go if you want to get out of the ACM modes. The only exception is the gun mode, which is coupled with the weapon selection. So if you're in gun mode you first need to deselect the gun to be able to get out of the ACM modes IIRC.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Plenty of bugs still roaming through A/A radar side of things.

Something I noticed in gun mode: When I select the gun the radar goes to GACQ but after switching to any other radar scan modes there's no way to re-select GACQ (by SS right?) other then by quickly selecting other A/A weapon then going back to guns.

There is a problem with the scan mode I like to use most during gun fights, vertical scan.

Lot's of times I wasn't able to re-select vert. scan from bore mode. It gets stuck in bore mode.

Currently I use my default Amraam radar RWS setup for getting out of any 'stuck' condition.

Once I set the parameters for Amraam like scan, tgt. aging, etc. I press "SET" (hold till the box disappears). This way every time I bungle through different weapons, modes, configs, and I need to go back to my pre-set Amraam scan pattern or get 'unstuck' all I need to do is quickly select Amraam...

Going back from WVR to BVR is pretty quick.

From guns for instance, all I do is select either Amraam or a heater (both have slightly different scan patterns setup as default). If your scan pattern is stuck on bore or vert. just hit 'pinky' switch.

Too bad that for every improvement ED brings... something else gets borked up:cry:

EDIT: I think inability to switch from bore to vert. happens only with the HMD on since the bore becomes 'HACQ'. I have to double check but it might be a feature.

Edited by Gripes323
EDIT: HACQ

Well, might've been a little harsh in my previous post about the bore mode being stuck.;)

I forgot I was using an HMD and the bore becomes HACQ, so... it makes sense for the radar bore to jump over to the helmet.

I jumped the gun on that one... everything else stands:D

As for VACQ, when you have the JHMCS enabled, you need to first go to WACQ and then press SCS Aft for VACQ. No idea if it's supposed to be like that, it's how it's been working from the beginning.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

As for VACQ, when you have the JHMCS enabled, you need to first go to WACQ and then press SCS Aft for VACQ. No idea if it's supposed to be like that, it's how it's been working from the beginning.

HACQ or LACQ on HMD gives us a lot more flexibility then VACQ so I wouldn't even try getting back to it. I'm not sure if real jet allows you to select it via WACQ.