USMC Version of Litening TGP

Swift.

Several systems can be configured by the pilot to bump up the lethality shown for "low level" threats. I haven't read anything about the F/A-18's ALR-67 being one of those. However, it does discern between lethal and non-lethal threats, just not in DCS because ED interpreted the documents in a different way, that can easily be demonstrated wrong by watching any HUD tape on youtube that includes EW symbology. Hopefully something that will be fixed at some point.

Several systems can be configured by the pilot to bump up the lethality shown for "low level" threats. I haven't read anything about the F/A-18's ALR-67 being one of those. However, it does discern between lethal and non-lethal threats, just not in DCS because ED interpreted the documents in a different way, that can easily be demonstrated wrong by watching any HUD tape on youtube that includes EW symbology. Hopefully something that will be fixed at some point.
Agreed about the current wrong state of the threat bands. On the ALR-67(V)2 that we have, the pilot should still be able to prioritize certain threats using the priority knob, which is not currently implemented. This will also help with friendly ship emitters not showing up as highest priority, half of the time.
  • Like 5

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
4 hours ago, Ahmed said:

Thanks, this proves once again that the current EdA implementation is NOT CORRECT for a 2005 USN Hornet. I wouldn't have many hopes though on dev time being allocated to the Hornet nowadays to fix this.

Just FYI, you can mod most of this through LUA modding at least to get a cosmetically correct presentation. I have done it for our group (it won't be IC compliant though iirc).

oh really interesting.  Which file would you have to mod?

• ED Team

Please do not post images of data or diagrams without quoting the source, and checking it does not break our 1.16 rule

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Did you miss the part about this being from a FOIA request? The US government literally sent it to him to make it public. This was in response to him going out and asking them about the LITENING symbology. That's how FOIA requests work. IMO, it's pretty clear that this specific diagram is all right to post, even if the source document wasn't identified (the rest of it doesn't have to be public, and wasn't part of the request, anyway). AFAIK, "for public release" means that essentially anything goes and export controls don't apply.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Did you miss the part about this being from a FOIA request? The US government literally sent it to him to make it public. This was in response to him going out and asking them about the LITENING symbology. That's how FOIA requests work. IMO, it's pretty clear that this specific diagram is all right to post, even if the source document wasn't identified (the rest of it doesn't have to be public, and wasn't part of the request, anyway). AFAIK, "for public release" means that essentially anything goes and export controls don't apply.

Correct as far as i'm aware.

• ED Team
24 minutes ago, llOPPOTATOll said:

It was from a FOIA request, the data is approved for public release 

where, we need proof? 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Wags changed the title to USN Version of Litening TGP
  • ED Team

Thanks, but the data here isnt going to be good enough to invoke a change. We have the best available information for the design and we are happy. 

We would have loved to include a USMC Litening pod, but the reference data is simply not available. Sorry, but a single image is far, far from what would be required. If a fully, public released manual of this pod is released that details AA, AG, and Control pages with detailed explanations of all functions, it's something we may be able to consider in the future, after Early Access. For now, we must base the the TGPs (Spanish Litening and ATFLIR) on references that we have sufficient references for.

• Like 1

• Wags changed the title to USMC Version of Litening TGP
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic