DCS: Supercarrier Update for 19 March 2020

Wags

Can you elaborate on why is integration with a module a problem and requires extra work? How will you ensure that future carrier AC will be compatible if the Tomcat is now a problem to integrate?

I'm guessing ED started working on the Supercarrier module during/short after the development/EA release of the Hornet, and the Tomcat was released only a year ago.

BTW, in the Stay Home-vid, did I see that right and is the static deck crew moving a bit to make them look alive? Or am I dreaming and is static, really static? :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went in and bought the SC without thinking/knowing any sort of initial limitations with the Turkey. My bad. The Turkey being my primary bird. Oh well, I do have the Bug, and I'll go back and fly it from the SC until the Turkey is ready.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thanks EA, I appreciate the detailed update. In the grand scheme of things a 15 day delay in the super carrier release is hardly something to get upset about.

Do that software engineer stuff and stay well, I'll be ready when you are :smilewink:

I couldnt agree more.Upset over 15 days???????:megalol: ROFLMAO

Edited by SkipCarey

...BTW, in the Stay Home-vid, did I see that right and is the static deck crew moving a bit to make them look alive? Or am I dreaming and is static, really static? :)

I believe the statics are going to be moving in place. Just my opinion though. However, there was a video from Silver_Dragon almost 2 years ago showing new animations ED was working on at the time. I believe he just imported the models into 3D-Studio Max and recorded it. Here's one below. There was another one I can't find anymore, but it was showing animations of the model using tools.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Thanks for the transparency and the new date. Considering the world wide situation this is awesome and thank you for that.

To be clear, we are not saying that the Tomcat will not be compatible at Super Carrier EA launch, we will do our very best with HB to have at least limited functionality.

Thanks,

Matt

Well, I do hope you guys achieve that goal, but to be perfectly honest, I hope we get at least a working F-14 on the regular carrier catapults asap, as well ;)

And hopefully before the SC.

I believe the statics are going to be moving in place. Just my opinion though. However, there was a video from Silver_Dragon almost 2 years ago showing new animations ED was working on at the time. I believe he just imported the models into 3D-Studio Max and recorded it. Here's one below. There was another one I can't find anymore, but it was showing animations of the model using tools.

I know those vids.

I've checked again, and the static crew are definitely moving (their bodies) slightly, not walking or anything but just to appear alive, like in the vid you posted.

Quite nice, I like these kind of details. :thumbup:

Check the Stay Home-vid at 2:00 and also 2:24. Behind the Hornet driving by.

I'm gonna put a crowd on deck, that's for sure! ;)

Edited by dawgie79

Dang! Thats like unwrapping a xmas present and getting a knitted sweater haha.

Ah well, thanks for the info and the hard work. None of the bugs sounded like things anyone wants to put up with, happy to wait.

So the next two keenly awaited items, the Hind and P47, how are they going @BIGNEWY?

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

Lol why are people getting so bent out of shape? A few days of delay is going to be nothing in comparison to the years of enjoyment you can get out of the finished module. You want a refund because of a delay? So 15 days of delay makes the subsequent year+ of use meaningless? You've got to be kidding me...

Sure it's a little unfortunate, but I welcome the news and look forward to having fun with what the devs are working on when they're ready to release it!

||i5-9600k||MSI GTX1070Ti Duke||16GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws V||Gigabyte Aorus B360||X56||

Lol why are people getting so bent out of shape? A few days of delay is going to be nothing in comparison to the years of enjoyment you can get out of the finished module. You want a refund because of a delay? So 15 days of delay makes the subsequent year+ of use meaningless? You've got to be kidding me...

Sure it's a little unfortunate, but I welcome the news and look forward to having fun with what the devs are working on when they're ready to release it!

This

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4250614

I believe from Wags explanation, time is the limiting factor in this integration.

That does not answer the question why is there a delay? What are the factors which need to be adjusted for each AC to allow for integration with SC? If something breaks in the future can it happen that you will not be able to land an aircraft because the integration breaks? Can a future AC update break the integration?

So if they can reveal more on this I would like to know.

Danger zone!

That does not answer the question why is there a delay? What are the factors which need to be adjusted for each AC to allow for integration with SC? If something breaks in the future can it happen that you will not be able to land an aircraft because the integration breaks? Can a future AC update break the integration?

So if they can reveal more on this I would like to know.

The MA-A1 Huffer was connecting approx 4 inches aft of the actual connection port on the Tomcat, and the amount of tiedowns wasn't correct on the foul line...

Is that specific enough?

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

https://www.cag-51.org/contact

The MA-A1 Huffer was connecting approx 4 inches aft of the actual connection port on the Tomcat, and the amount of tiedowns wasn't correct on the foul line...

Is that specific enough?

And you think that these are show stoppers or something that has to be corrected over weeks or months of dedicated work? Just because it's specific that does not mean it's an answer, but thanks for chiming in. I'll wait if the actual devs can shed some light on it.

Danger zone!

You see that's the problem, you have no information and you reasonably ask for some then when you get some, you ask for more, then you demand more, and then you disagree with what is being provided... And you never see the line between reasonable and unreasonable...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

You see that's the problem, you have no information and you reasonably ask for some then when you get some, you ask for more, then you demand more, and then you disagree with what is being provided... And you never see the line between reasonable and unreasonable...

Sorry that I do not accept made up b.s. from a person that does not work on the module in any capacity or speak for the devs. and thinks that asking for more on module integration obstacles, translates to providing random details of ship operations. I'll do better in the future.

Danger zone!

These are very disappointing news for someone who was bought the Supercarrier module for the F-14 and does not own the F/A-18.

Yet people wonder why someone would want a refund.

Danger zone!

Very Disappoint. Not Support F-14 in Early Access. Very Disappoint. Day to Day I loosing much more trust to ED. I am supporter who past 10 years. and then, I am tired to Early Access and Another Delay after Pre-Order. DO NOT PRE-ORDER IF YOU NOT CLOSED TO RELEASE. Uncompleted Modules, Unexpected Bugs, Huge Mission Editing Stress Make Me Hard. Every year I waiting and waiting much more. already old user who most 10 years of DCS in my squadron, they are very angry to this kind policy and they are ask refund and declared no more buy and playing DCS anymore. Do you know? in now status, F-14 can't be start-up and launch from Stennis. and then no fully support in New Carrier? Hah. Really Disappoint.

• ED Team
To be clear, we are not saying that the Tomcat will not be compatible at Super Carrier EA launch, we will do our very best with HB to have at least limited functionality.

Thanks,

Matt

As Matt has mentioned the Tomcat integration with supercarrier my have limited functionality at EA, the teams need to refine the way the Tomcat interacts with the carrier, but the ED/HB teams are working on it and maybe ready sooner. We will keep you all informed.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm sick... looks like too many people want be or bahave like they are ED's project managers and asking details report about EVERYTHING! When they get it current status, it open another 1000 questions and complains... Jesus I feel like I'm at progress meeting to explain why is delete or why this bug not fix yet.

I'm sorry all ED/devs/testers you doing great! In moments like that I'm ashamed being part of community... this is sad...

Nokia 6.1 with Tapatalk

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

As Matt has mentioned the Tomcat integration with supercarrier my have limited functionality at EA, the teams need to refine the way the Tomcat interacts with the carrier, but the ED/HB teams are working on it and maybe ready sooner. We will keep you all informed.

Thanks

I hope too please. I dont want see malfunction of F-14 on the deck.

I know ED, Dev and Managers are work in hard.

But wrong is wrong.

in my community peoples are ask how to refund.

they are tired to DCS World developing situation.

We just want Dynamic Campaign, In-game Radio Chat with Frequency, Flight Planner and Data Cartridge and Just one Completed Modern Era Aircraft Module. It's all.

This is the reason why BMS players not moved to DCS.

DCS is great. but developing scope is wrong to hardcore simulator users.

I hope too please. I dont want see malfunction of F-14 on the deck.

I know ED, Dev and Managers are work in hard.

But wrong is wrong.

in my community peoples are ask how to refund.

they are tired to DCS World developing situation.

We just want Dynamic Campaign, In-game Radio Chat with Frequency, Flight Planner and Data Cartridge and Just one Completed Modern Era Aircraft Module. It's all.

This is the reason why BMS players not moved to DCS.

DCS is great. but developing scope is wrong to hardcore simulator users.

Chill.

ED's PR might not be the best, but they WILL deliver. Just look how far DCS has come.

Trust is very important. i have purchased all modules and i love ED, but Support needs trust.

if don't keep Trust every time, it will be hard when the competition appears.

ED Be sure to keep this.

Thanks

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

That was mentioned..

BTW, in the Stay Home-vid, did I see that right and is the static deck crew moving a bit to make them look alive? Or am I dreaming and is static, really static? :)

It's been said long time ago so I don't have the link ready for reference but they will move. Static as in DCS static object from Mission Editor perspective, but not static, as in motionless.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Thanks!

(...)

This also gives us more time to complete some needed tasks before the early access release.(...)

Good call, thank you for the transparent and clear message on this.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta