DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

I haven't updated yet. What new sounds does the update include for Hornet?
The Hornet is quite cool, quiter and fuller in cockpit. F3 fly-by sound is really nice. On the external side F2, when I zoomed in up close to the front of aircraft there is some distortion in the sound coming out.

Sound is richer for me.

It still work in progress so more to come.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Do you use either the Kegetys or speed-of-heat variants of the shaders mod? Curious if anyone has tried Syria out with that. From what you are saying, I doubt it will help much.

No I don't. I spent a *LOT* of time optimising my settings (DCS, Windows, BIOS, ...) to get a nice balance between frame rate and eye candy, and in the previous maps (except for The Channel obviously) I sit around 45 fps which is good enough for me at the moment.

The new engine (multi-core and Vulkan) is indeed sorely needed, especially for us VR users.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I saw that there was an Israel skin for the f16, but I don’t see it in game? Heard several others with the same issue.

I was disappointed too, then I got the one from the download site and all is good..it was really easy to install, only took me about 30 seconds.:thumbup:

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Yes seems to load faster, and vr in Syria is awesome!

Still TrackIR guy, but running 60fps min, over Syria, with pretty heavy settings for a mid range. Was hitting 120 fps at 2K feet on overflights. Runs as smooth as Caucasus with more eye candy (Syria)!

Maybe it isn't just Syria, maybe we got a boost across the board??

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Anyone notice any performance improvement??

mine was a downgrade I had to set my terrain settings to low for Syria to get rid of stutter

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Missions are coming, but they will take time

thanks

About 45 minutes worth. Whipped out my Swiss Army Mission Editor and already having a blast blasting away.

Bit like the Channel map, though, as someone pointed out. Shame to fly over it at 20,000+l this is a helo/CA playground!

Good for you: I have gigabit internet and got a maximum download speed of 11 MB/s. A lot better than what it used to be, but still shamefully low since it's not even 10% of my available bandwidth.

You can have 1000Gigabit bandwith, if somewhere along the line there's a tunnel which only allows 11Mbit/s, then that's your download speed.

Darn, I was super impressed with it today. Downloading Syria at 108MB/s from New Zealand. They must have local content here.

That's pretty nice, got a rocksteady 34,5Mbit/s yesterday while downloading the Syria map.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

When did we get the ability to add a mobile TACAN station to a mission?

I am so incredibly happy with this update, and the state of DCS right now. Everything seems to be working great. I had a excellent experience in MP and SP with the SuperCarrier, Hornet, and Syria. Flew a sortie from the new Kuznetsov. Exploring the new alignment options for the Hornet, the new EXP radar modes. And I now just discovered we have TACAN units in game.

I'm incredibly impressed right now, and I know there have been some tough patches with bad updates and development delays.

Right now I'm just another satisfied customer if that helps...

Here's a Free Flight mission that includes most modules and helos across various airports.

Great job, thanks! This saves me a lot of work to set up my own free flight mission :thumbup:

I've done a similar mission to explore the Persian Gulf area, if you're interested.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310197/

Happy flying!

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

Here's a Free Flight mission that includes most modules and helos across various airports.

Yes thanks for the MIZ file.

Downloading the map now............

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Good for you: I have gigabit internet and got a maximum download speed of 11 MB/s. A lot better than what it used to be, but still shamefully low since it's not even 10% of my available bandwidth.

Yes it's unplayable at the moment: I just did a +/- 800 nm F-16 flight starting at Ramat David, and landing there again.

It's fine over the desert areas in the East, but in the Western areas I get between 17 and 28 fps at low-ish level, and extreme stuttering and screen-tearing, even in an empty map (my own aircraft being the only unit I placed).

Basically you can't fly around in the Syria map in VR without getting a massive headache...

It's a shame, because the map looks quite stunning indeed. I won't be doing any combat operations there until this gets fixed.

Strange...

For me the syria map is super smooth in VR.

Running on 1.5 PD on Rift S, ASW enabled, MSAA 2x, and experimental "stereo Frustum Culling" enabled.

But I also play with only vis.range on medium and without ground shadows. (building and tree shadows)

Edit: Terrain Textures may have a big impact. Big difference on fps between high or low on this map, as far as i noticed.

Edited by Tiphys

i5 - 8600K ~ 4ghz GeForce RTX 2080 32Gb DDR4 Windows 10 Oculus Rift S

Edit: Terrain Textures may have a big impact. Big difference on fps between high or low on this map, as far as i noticed.

Yes so did I, after some experimentation. It runs fine on Low and Visibility Radius to High instead of Extreme.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

When did we get the ability to add a mobile TACAN station to a mission?

I am so incredibly happy with this update, and the state of DCS right now. Everything seems to be working great. I had a excellent experience in MP and SP with the SuperCarrier, Hornet, and Syria. Flew a sortie from the new Kuznetsov. Exploring the new alignment options for the Hornet, the new EXP radar modes. And I now just discovered we have TACAN units in game.

I'm incredibly impressed right now, and I know there have been some tough patches with bad updates and development delays.

Right now I'm just another satisfied customer if that helps...

This! I went through all announcements since the beginning of the year, and the portable TACAN unit was never mentioned.

Please announce this retroactively for all to enjoy.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

This! I went through all announcements since the beginning of the year, and the portable TACAN unit was never mentioned.

Please announce this retroactively for all to enjoy.

I am getting to know about the portable tacan unit recently.

Google search shows it is a tacan unit that can be place on an airfield, Farp or airstrip lacking tacan facility.

That is looks very interesting in dcs if what I am reading about it is correct as navigation to those airfield lacking tacan can be provide one during mission creation.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Strange...

For me the syria map is super smooth in VR.

Running on 1.5 PD on Rift S, ASW enabled, MSAA 2x, and experimental "stereo Frustum Culling" enabled.

But I also play with only vis.range on medium and without ground shadows. (building and tree shadows)

Its incredibly smooth for me too.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

A friend sent me his task manager readings. Seems that the Syria terrain is filling up all the VRAM (he has 1080TI).

So there is probably a lot of swapping between VRAM and system.memory which hits performance. With Low texture, less VRAM is used per texture and performance should be much better.

• ED Team
Many things broken with new patch, is there any hope for a quick hotfix today? or are we sadly stuck with this for the weekend at least?

If you have a bug to report do it in the bug section with a description and a track replay.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2