JDAM In Range vs In Zone LAR

Notso

Hi all,

I was playing around with the JDAM In RANGE vs In ZONE LARs and saw something that didn't make sense. Caveat up front, I'm using Stable so maybe this is the issue.

My understanding of the differences between IN RNG vs IN ZONE is the bomb terminal guidance. IN RANGE essentially will get the bomb to the coordinates and it may or may not (likely NOT) be able to achieve the terminal parameters set in the weapon. However in ZONE should allow the bomb to achieve the Terminal numbers set in the Stores page. If so, it didn't work for me. I set a GBU-31 with a terminal heading and then dropped IN ZONE 90 deg off. I watched the bomb with F6 view and it never turned to the heading.

Is this a stable issue or is terminal on working in OB? Also I noticed the LAR rings were not the same as WAG's video. These in range and in zone LARs were just concentric circles whereas his video showed the more normal pie shaped wedges.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Terminal settings are not implemented yet.

That would explain it, Thanks. So in essence there is really no difference in game between IR and IZ LAR at the moment, right?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

That would explain it, Thanks. So in essence there is really no difference in game between IR and IZ LAR at the moment, right?
In my understanding, there's no difference at the moment. Also, if you input a terminal heading, the IZ LAR zone won't change to accommodate it.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I have the latest OB.

I only tested the JDAM in TOO with and without Terminal set. No difference whatsoever.

I dropped them from mid alt using autoloft (no dashed pullup line on HSI and HUD) so I stayed level.

The IZLAR shows up when the jet's nose is within 15 deg. from the target. When entering IZLAR the In Range circle disappears. So... few things are functioning correctly.

I'd say they're about halfway done.