Integrate USB Breathalyzer for High G Straining

LowRider88

Well maybe the forums were boring and weren't worth reading before because there are too may impatient, close minded, nay sayers harping about feature requests they want right this instant.

It’s funny that you post this rather outlandish and not very realistic idea and then get all defensive that everyone doesn’t immediately agree with it. :lol:

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I give up.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

It’s funny that you post this rather outlandish and not very realistic idea and then get all defensive that everyone doesn’t immediately agree with it. :lol:

If no one agrees with this idea then that is fine. Then this is not the right audience for it.

What is even funner is someone who wastes over 3 years of his life bickering with others on useless theoretical threads, using limited proof, and getting shot down by everyone else.

What is even funner is someone who wastes over 3 years of his life bickering with others on useless theoretical threads, using limited proof, and getting shot down by everyone else.

Welcome to DCS Forums...:smilewink:

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hey LowRider88,

Sometimes I can't figure out if people are coming up with stuff for real or trolling. I assume you're for real.

Out of all things you can do to improve immersion why dwell on breathing to simulate something you really can't simulate.

You said you fly SP so you focus on dogfighting AI? Is this what you do most?

I do couple of g warmup turns before any expected turning and burning. (not sure if DCS simulates g tolerance or not;))

I don't know what kind of sim hardware you use to increase immersion but for me the biggest jump was VR. In spite of narrow FOV, shimmering (I have to run it with PD set to 2.0) it was and still is mind blowing. You can't compare TIR to 3D.

So... it's all visual.

Hey LowRider88,

Sometimes I can't figure out if people are coming up with stuff for real or trolling. I assume you're for real.

Out of all things you can do to improve immersion why dwell on breathing to simulate something you really can't simulate.

You said you fly SP so you focus on dogfighting AI? Is this what you do most?

I do couple of g warmup turns before any expected turning and burning. (not sure if DCS simulates g tolerance or not;))

I don't know what kind of sim hardware you use to increase immersion but for me the biggest jump was VR. In spite of narrow FOV, shimmering (I have to run it with PD set to 2.0) it was and still is mind blowing. You can't compare TIR to 3D.

So... it's all visual.

Hey Gripes323, Thanks for your feedback.

No, I wouldn't waste time here trolling. That's spare time better spent enjoying DCS.

I was being serious, but apparently I was the only one, as this is not the right audience for out of box ideas, or innovation of any kind.

I am all for new ideas to improve immersion, and this was just one I thought I could share.

The main point was, currently you can black out in the game and there is no way to control it, except to relax your maneuver to wait to wake up.

But you are correct, I don't need to dwell on this any further.

If it reaches the perhaps tiny percentage of like minded people on this forum open to new ideas, and if it ever becomes a thing, or helps to spawn new ideas, then the thread will have served its purpose.

I prefer not to use VR at the moment, because so far there is no evidence that it does not cause long term vision problems, as the tech is still relatively new. So I stick to TrackIR.

Vision problems? Unless you're spending 8-10 hours a day with it, that shouldn't really be a concern. Also, I don't see how it would be bad for eyes considering they're focused on infinity just like normal (two images, that's how VR gets its 3d effect and the whole basis of why it functions at all). The only remaining issue is the ebil ''blue light'' which is, based on my reading, a gimmick people use to charge you for a filter. The ''danger'' is grossly exaggerated, and not worth further consideration imo (source, my efforts to find out if a blue light filter was worth it on my VR lenses, after about thirty minutes I determined it's a gimmick to charge me $40 or whatever it was).

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Vision problems? Unless you're spending 8-10 hours a day with it, that shouldn't really be a concern.

There is this. But the subject in this case was a developer with thousands of hours in the headset

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/311639-developer-vr-headset-eyesight

Unless the mask is actually hooked up to a diluted oxygen tank that has a positive pressure you would literally die. Rebreating your own exhaled breath will give you hypercapnia.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Unless the mask is actually hooked up to a diluted oxygen tank that has a positive pressure you would literally die. Rebreating your own exhaled breath will give you hypercapnia.

Are you suggesting it is possible to rebreath from a breathalyzer, or spirometer?

If so, I was not.

Vision problems? Unless you're spending 8-10 hours a day with it, that shouldn't really be a concern. Also, I don't see how it would be bad for eyes considering they're focused on infinity just like normal (two images, that's how VR gets its 3d effect and the whole basis of why it functions at all).

It seems like VR headsets are focused at about 6.5ft, not infinity.

Virtual-reality headsets tackle this problem by generally setting the focus distance in VR land to the equivalent of about 6.5 feet away from your eyes, approximating the gap between your couch and your television.

https://www.popsci.com/vr-has-hard-time-showing-you-things-up-close-but-oculus-might-have-fix/

Yeah, you missed the part where he just wants to blow into a tube, but not just any tube will do. It needs to check his BAC and simulate he's not flying inebriated. Or something.

@Bailey

I stand corrected

Yeah, you missed the part where he just wants to blow into a tube, but not just any tube will do. It needs to check his BAC and simulate he's not flying inebriated. Or something.

@Bailey

I stand corrected

Wow. You still here? Don’t you have anything more meaningful in your life?

Every time you open your mouth you spew stench.

It’s like you fart with your mouth.

So repulsive you are, you are among the few dorks here who are the reason I hesitated so long to take part in this forum, and why I also have lost interested in it.

You should keep in mind not everyone in the forum is a loser pay for free multiplayer alumni who has no way of self esteem but to crap on strangers.

Some of us are actually in the business world and are accustomed to mature conversation.

You can pat your self on the back and take it as a victory that I leave.

Fortunately for me I have other interests in life.

But that is just sad, that you need this as an ego boost, because you have nothing else in your life.

You talk like you think you can fool everyone into thinking you are from the street, when we all know you are a sim nerd like everyone else.

032186? As in 1986/03/21?

Why, that would make you, 34?!

Yeesh, dude, I stopped talking like a wannabe try hard when I turned 19. You are way behind in life.

I suggest you take a personality course, because the longer you stay this way the more nothing will change for you.

No where did I specify a particular tube.

So stop putting words in my mouth.

Your farty words belong in your own farty mouth.

#1 He said fart. Haha

#2 We're typing, so I never opened my mouth except to laugh at your ridiculous posts

#3 I've been here for years, and this was one of the worst... uh... whatever that was. Retort? Anyway, worst retort I've ever seen that wasn't in broken English.

I prefer not to use VR at the moment, because so far there is no evidence that it does not cause long term vision problems, as the tech is still relatively new. So I stick to TrackIR.

I would imagine blowing into a tube and trying to G-strain sitting at your desk would cause far more health problems than VR.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

No where did I specify a particular tube.

Uuuuh, yes you did. You said breathalyzer tube. That's pretty specific.

And "farty mouth"??? Really?