TPOD - How do I switch back from LST to LSS mode?

sirrah

Probably something simple as usual, but I haven't been able to find an answer on this. Maybe someone can help me out here?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

When TPOD is SOI, press Cage/Uncage button to switch from LST/LSS to FLIR mode and vice versa.

Edited by Flying-Kane
wrong description

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

When TPOD is SOI, press Cage/Uncage button to switch from LST to LSS and vice versa.

Hmm..

I've been trying just that, but when I press the uncage switch I go into this screen (see screenshot)

If I press the uncage switch again, I go back to LST mode

I attached the concerning test mission in this thread (ED forum won't allow me to also upload the same file here)

Can someone please have a look, because I just can't seem to get in LSS mode.. Maybe it's loadout related?

Screen_200625_100729.png.2fab558d40315e2f0b50195239d7579f.png

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

When LST is boxed, you're in LSS mode until the seeker detects a laser, then it goes into LST. The upper-left OSB on the DDI is where you switch between narrow FOV search and wide FOV search. If you were to look at the pod externally, you would see the seeker head moving around in the scan pattern.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I really don't understand this at all :huh:

When I start the attached mission, I only do the following steps:

• Select AG mode
  • Select FLIR page on right DDI

And there above OSB13 is "LST"

When looking at YT videos (the ones I found at least), I always see "LSS" above OSB13. Mine says LST. When pressing the cage/uncage switch I go to the DDI screen as shown in my screenshot.

How do I get it from LST to LSS?

I added a track file

(using latest OB)

TPOD LST.trk

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

LST and LSS are different names for the same thing, it probably got changed to be in line with the spanish litening.

LST = Laser Spot Tracker

LSS = Laser Spot Search

The screen you are seeing when you press the uncage button is the LST/LSS screen

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

LST and LSS are different names for the same thing, it probably got changed to be in line with the spanish litening.

LST = Laser Spot Tracker

LSS = Laser Spot Search

The screen you are seeing when you press the uncage button is the LST/LSS screen

Ah ok, so nobody is seeing LLS then?

In this

you can see LLS above OSB13, so that has been changed to LST?

System specs:

Ah ok, so nobody is seeing LLS then?

In this

you can see LLS above OSB13, so that has been changed to LST?

That's not OSB13 that is OSB17 and says '1688'/'LSS'

which is, as mentioned above, laser spot search which is the opposite of beaming a leaser from the TPOD, where this is searching for a laser / on a particular code.

For instance a MAV-E searches for a laser on its own sent from the TPOD, but you can search a laser from someone else for instance when you're trying to find a target from a JTAC or another plane.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

That's not OSB13 that is OSB17 and says '1688'/'LSS'

Ok, OSB17, my bad

But this post of you is confusing me again...

I know it says 1688/LSS on the video I linked to, but apparently that has changed to 1688/LST somewhere after this GR video was made.

So, just to make sure: The "LSS" text has just changed to "LST" and there is no difference between these (other than the last letter). Nobody who's running the latest version, is seeing 1688/LSS above OBS17, right?

(This still makes me wonder how to automatically slave the tpod to a buddy-lased target. If anyone can point me in the direction of an up to date tutorial, that would be appreciated)

System specs:

Correct, the OSB used to be labeled LSS, but changed to LST based on the documentation.

If a buddy is lasing a target, slew the pod near where the target is, and either press Cage/Uncage button or press the OSB labeled LST to command the pod to search for a laser (obviously on the same code). This version of the pod does not making wide sweeping motions you might be used to in previous iterations or on other aircraft, the scan area is fairly small compared to how it searches on the A-10 or F-16. It may take a little bit of time to detect a laser, so be patient.

In this video you can see the OSB labeled LST at 41:41.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

The other thing to remember is that the screenshot you included is what will stay on your DDI while it is actively searching for the laser spot, and once it detects the spot it will automatically slew the FLIR to that spot and show the FLIR output on the screen again.

Thanks guys :thumbup:

The other thing to remember is that the screenshot you included is what will stay on your DDI while it is actively searching for the laser spot, and once it detects the spot it will automatically slew the FLIR to that spot and show the FLIR output on the screen again.

Ahhh, that explains a lot!

I was looking for the "search diamond" to start moving on the tpod screen, just like in the GR video I linked to, but now I understand that has changed and I'll briefly go to the page shown in my 3rd post, before the tpod shows the tracked image.

Will try this again net time I get the chance

System specs:

I just found, latest MAV E/F after first off rail, you have to check with the HUD state where FLIR remembered last lock, where you need to be backed into unlocked slew state, and for the next lock, I needed to do an extra cage/uncage (so, do this twice) to get the MAV to lock,

and with both E/F you better do a lock with the MAV triangle close to the VV and then check the position in the HUD where it locked and check your MAV screen if it even actually locks at all, because rather strange effects occurred,

and you cage/uncage (again) within range if there was no viable lock, either in time/space are no range lock, where with F you check for the closed cross, and with the E you have to compare the DDI readout with the HUD, and have your auto-lase set up. This seems how it works now. Kind of.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I just found, latest MAV E/F after first off rail, you have to check with the HUD state where FLIR remembered last lock, where you need to be backed into unlocked slew state, and for the next lock, I needed to do an extra cage/uncage (so, do this twice) to get the MAV to lock,

and with both E/F you better do a lock with the MAV triangle close to the VV and then check the position in the HUD where it locked and check your MAV screen if it even actually locks at all, because rather strange effects occurred,

and you cage/uncage (again) within range if there was no viable lock, either in time/space are no range lock, where with F you check for the closed cross, and with the E you have to compare the DDI readout with the HUD, and have your auto-lase set up. This seems how it works now. Kind of.

I've seen this too. More cumbersome and unintuitive (for me at least) the happier I am.:music_whistling:

I play lots of Dirt Rally 2 now, which is rock solid, superb coding now with all the updates after a mediocre release state.

I only hop back in here once in a while to check on the state of the bugs, and see if trapping is different again :pilotfly:.

TPOD is buggy lately. On startup the VVSLV is there but goes away and doesn't reappear after light use. Uncage sends it pointing aft, double tapping NSW/ undesignate doesn't boresight/snoplow, I have to flip FLIR to STBY and back on to get a boresight and the laser designator switch flips off after every use, I don't know if that's authentic.

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

Not sure if it's a bug, but as soon as the target is acquired with use of LST, bomb mode seems to switch to CCRP (even though I've set it to CCIP just beforehand)

System specs:

Why dont you know if that is authentic? ;-)

Well, no... is it?

System specs:

Why dont you know if that is authentic? ;-)

Maybe the LST switches off after each LGBU drop to keep from burning out, because pilots forget to do it, anyways. Looking forward to more stable tpod updates for the Hornet

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

• 3 months later...

I also haven't figured out how to activate the TPOD to search for a laser fired by a JTAC...

I tried to click on the Cage / Uncage button but nothing happens, can anyone explain the steps in detail?

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 32,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

I also haven't figured out how to activate the TPOD to search for a laser fired by a JTAC...

I tried to click on the Cage / Uncage button but nothing happens, can anyone explain the steps in detail?

Slew tpod to rough area of target, make sure LST power is on, set correct laser code, call for JTAC laser on, once get confirmation from JTAC that it is lasing press LST/LSS (can't remember how it's labelled now) at OSB 17. It used to show the search pattern but now you get no indication (screen freezes) until it finds/locks spot.