Remove Pilot in External View/Replay

dmwierz

Not even sure which section to put this in, so I'll start here.

I know how to remove the pilot in cockpit view, but once I go external, he's back, and I can't seem to figure out a way to remove him.

I know, I know, "EJECT!". :smilewink:

Is there a way to do this, or to customize a plane to not include the pilot?

On a related note, is there a way to reproduce the instrument panel "GoPro" view, looking directly aft from the panel? I can't get zoomed out far enough, and can't pivot past 8 or 4 o'clock.

Thanks in advance.

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

Thanks.

No way I think, pilot is part of 3D model

Thanks. Isn't it possible to edit the helmet, flight suit, etc, of the pilot? Might it be possible to edit those items, and make them transparent? I'm trying to edit other people into my DCS replays, and it's difficult to do so when there's a pilot in the seat. If I could reduce the pilot to only a head, say, then I can overlay another video on top of it.

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

What plane are you talking about?

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

What plane are you talking about?

The F-18, primarily. I can get the pilot out of other aircraft by “ejecting” on the ramp, and then I can walk him away from the plane, but that doesn’t work for the F-18.

BTW, I'd also be interested in just getting a series of high res still captures of the inside of the F-18 cockpit from various angles, from within DCS, with canopy open and closed. I can work with that in post processing to achieve my desired end.

You can edit a livery .lua file to have no pilot inside the cockpit also to put off the pylons... and a lot more is possible.

What you have to do in your case is open the livery .lua and add a few lines at the end.

For the F-18 for example...

livery = {

{"f18c1", 0 ,"F18C_1_DIFF",false};
   {"f18c1", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"F18C_1_DIF_RoughMet",true};

}
name = "Livery name"
countries = {"USA","AUSAF"}

[color=Navy][b]custom_args = 
{
   [309] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [310] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [311] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [312] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [313] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [314] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [315] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [509] =  1.0, -- Helmet without NVG
   [50] =   0.5, -- No Pilot

}[/b][/color]

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

You can edit a livery .lua file to have no pilot inside the cockpit also to put off the pylons... and a lot more is possible.

What you have to do in your case is open the livery .lua and add a few lines at the end.

For the F-18 for example...

livery = {

{"f18c1", 0 ,"F18C_1_DIFF",false};
   {"f18c1", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"F18C_1_DIF_RoughMet",true};

}
name = "Livery name"
countries = {"USA","AUSAF"}

[color=Navy][b]custom_args = 
{
   [309] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [310] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [311] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [312] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [313] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [314] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [315] = -1.0, -- Pylon off
   [509] =  1.0, -- Helmet without NVG
   [50] =   0.5, -- No Pilot

}[/b][/color]

Ooh, that looks promising. I would assume I'd have to save it as a different configuration? I've never edited the LUA files before.

You have to backup the original file before!

For example...

Go to your DCS main install folder...

your harddisk:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet\

open the first folder in it, should be Australian 75th Squadron

make a backup of the description.lua and and open it with notepad++ (PSPad or simliar) the description.lua.

Add to the end what i postet above.

Regards / Grüße

Neo

You have to backup the original file before!

For example...

Go to your DCS main install folder...

your harddisk:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet\

open the first folder in it, should be Australian 75th Squadron

make a backup of the description.lua and and open it with notepad++ (PSPad or simliar) the description.lua.

Add to the end what i postet above.

Neo, thanks. Does this mean the Austrailan 75th Squadron will be the aircraft with no pilot once I start DCS, then?

That should happen if done correctly... :music_whistling:

It´s just an example to test. You can change any description.lua in any repaint it´s up to you...

Hope you´ll get the results that are you looking for. Keep me updated!

Regards / Grüße

Neo

That should happen if done correctly... :music_whistling:

It´s just an example to test. You can change any description.lua in any repaint it´s up to you...

Hope you´ll get the results that are you looking for. Keep me updated!

BTW, what's a "pylon" in the context of a plane model?