F-5E RWR search filter fix

This mod bypasses the search mode switch on the AN/ALR-87 control panel (F-5E RWR), allowing all emitters to be shown simultaneously (like IRL).

Hopefully Belsimtek will fix the switch soon so that it functions according to real life (its a de-clutter switch, not a one or the other switch). See my previous post for more info https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3176094&postcount=19

Mod is JSGME capable / Passes integrity check

F-5E RWR fix.rar

Edited by Beamscanner
  • Like 5

Does it pass the integrity check? Thanks for figuring this out

Yes it does.

I'm not sure I figured much of anything out.. Just stumbled across this while messing with the lua files. My main goal is to have continuous threat audio with the RWR.

Its silly watching a SA-6 lock me up and it being completely quiet. (only hearing the initial sound)

Edited by Beamscanner

• 1 year later...

Does this mod still work ? I have installed in my Saved Games folder, but it doesn't seem to show tracking and searching radars at the same time ?

2c8f06473c79dbc5a9f177785ac56f48.png

EDIT: Do they have to be in the game files themeself ?

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Main DCS folder.

Its JSGME/OVGME ready, meaning that the root folder path is already apart of the file.

Thanks Beamscanner. BUT the reason I was (and apparently still am) asking is because I don't wish to use either of these Mod programs. I would much rather input this mod Manually and therefore must know a destination.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Thanks Beamscanner. BUT the reason I was (and apparently still am) asking is because I don't wish to use either of these Mod programs. I would much rather input this mod Manually and therefore must know a destination.

Download the fix and follow the file structure Beamscanner has put, then just move those files from his fix into there and overwrite.

On a side note I wouldn't recommend dumping mods into the main installation of DCS. A mod manager is a great tool especially if you experience problems you can just disable the mod.:smilewink:

Edited by Rabu
spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for that Rabu.

I have to agree that a Mod Manager is probably the best way for files that have to be put in the Main Install Folder. I was thinking this would go into the Saved Games sub.

So I guess I'll have to break down and use OVGME.

It sucks having to use Mods in the first place. I try to avoid them. But this issue has been present for a very long time.

Thanks again for your reply.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Main DCS folder.

Its JSGME/OVGME ready, meaning that the root folder path is already apart of the file.

Stumbled upon this thread.

But how do you import it in OvGME when it is a .rar file?

Unless the obvious, unraring>make mod with OvGME... Which I did.

Thanks for this cool mod! :thumbup:

I'm still waiting for a reply Confirming whether the Mod gets put in the Main Installation folder or Saved Games ?

If you really wanna do it manually, just use your favorite unzipper, open the file, and you can see exactly where all files/dirs go.

This goes for all OvGME ready mods.

I think you'll love OvGME once you get the hang of it.

It's is so easy to build your own mods packages yourself with it.

If your into editing a lot of .lua files, you can just make a structure outside DCS with all the files, and make a package you can apply/un-apply whenever.

For me it's especially helpful pre/post DCS updates.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/2/2020 at 1:54 PM, Dirkan said:

I might add that it doesn't show if someone is locking you (The circle around the threat). Only when someone has fired a Fox 1 at you do you see a flashing circle. Never a solid one, unlike mod-free.

In the MOD.  Edit the file AN_ALR87_MAIN_page.lua

change     AddLaunchSymbol(i, {{"LaunchSymbol", i-1}})

to              AddLaunchSymbol(i, {{"LaunchSymbol_87", i-1}})

It adds the solid circle to the locking threat.  But doesn't add lock audio.

Edited by Annelid
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...