STANDARD VOICE PRECEDURE?

duria

HI, ALL

I AM CURRENTLY READING TOMCAT MANUAL BY HEATBLUR AND ON PAGE 59, THERE IS A WORD "STANDARD VOICE PROCEDURE".

WHAT DOES MEAN OF STANDARD VOICE PROCEDURE? AND WHY VOICE USED IN THAT CAUTION LIGHT?

ANY HELP PLEASE?

Why are you yelling, pls stahp

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

HI, ALL

I AM CURRENTLY READING TOMCAT MANUAL BY HEATBLUR AND ON PAGE 59, THERE IS A WORD "STANDARD VOICE PROCEDURE".

WHAT DOES MEAN OF STANDARD VOICE PROCEDURE? AND WHY VOICE USED IN THAT CAUTION LIGHT?

ANY HELP PLEASE?

The VOICE warning light indicates that the Carrier has signaled that ACL (automatic carrier landing) is unavailable and you should be ready to receive commands from the Landing Signal Officer for landing.

VOICE indicates CATCC is not available for ACL. Standard voice commands are required. -F14B NATOPS Figure 2-90 "Pilot Indicator Lights"

"If there is an equipment failure, the system (CATCC)

will send a voice discrete signal that illuminates the

VOICE light and the AN/SPN-42 error information

displayed on the VDIG will be invalid. The pilot then

expects to receive standard voice commands and will

probably use the redundant ILS information or switch

to tacan display."

Since we don't have CATCC talking you onto the needles that light will always be illuminated. ACL still works fine.

Edited by IceFire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven