question about miles

wizav

... can I use them for $10 discount on already discounted planes.

Yes ... that is a big advantage over the previous Bonus system.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

If' collect 10k miles which is $10, can I use them for $10 discount on already discounted planes.

I.e. 24$ plane to be bought for $14 with 10.000 miles?

Just do not forget that manual for the miles says that you get no miles for the module for which you apply miles. Use them on the cheapest module you are buying

I've wondered - do the third party creators lose money when I use miles? Since you don't get miles on items on which they are used, it makes more sense financially to use $9 of miles on a $10 campaign than a $30 plane if I'm buying them both at the same time. But I hate to think that I'm not supporting the campaign creator when I do that.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

The only thing we know for certain is that ED takes a certain percentage out of sales by a 3rd Party. The name of the loyalty program, ED Miles, implies that ED takes the costs for it, which in my opinion also makes the most sense and is fair for the 3rd Parties. Imagine a 30$ module being sold and being payed completely with Miles, then the 3rd would have to cough up money from a previous sale to make sure ED gets their part. I dont think that makes sense and would quickly make 3rd Parties upset and not willing to develop anymore. Most say they are not in it for the money, which I believe because flight sim and DCS in particular is a niché market, but if there is not atleast some profit or a break even situation I do not think there would be that many 3rd Parties.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm