10/22/2017 - Ellington Field Joint Reserve Base

159th_Viper

Headed down to Ellington for the day......not got camera yet (still ship-bound from UK) so humble apologies for quality of pics taken on cell-phone. Tell you what, that Rhino really tore a hole in the sky lol

Started out with a belter of a thunderstorm but after a lengthy delay, finally got going:

GGtlVFx.jpg

QA5R2y4.jpg

QbTGHD5.jpg

DzDJdJI.jpg

D1rix8M.jpg

xK9jCeg.jpg

yEb5ks9.jpg

FwK9ILr.jpg

NGaTYsX.jpg

EwjlEfC.jpg

GsASWIi.jpg

Ch5W22l.jpg

Nzu3BAU.jpg

oNRCa6T.jpg

0zmZYXZ.jpg

p29OWxu.jpg

4exUUG4.jpg

fBQl8Yz.jpg

G2geiLI.jpg

GDEIVKZ.jpg

Tora Tora display (Zeros) was also very good - no pics taken unfortunately.

Overall a cracking good day!

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 2 weeks later...

Great pictures, thank you!

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Small world, I went there on saturday and man was it hot, unfortunately the only pics I took were of the kiddos in a couple choppers...:thumbup:

Yeah, kicking ourselves (missus and I).....Were originally going to go Saturday, but car shopping......

In any event, got there Sunday morning and that storm rolled in......lol.....stuck in car till 12h00 when gates opened :music_whistling: :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, kicking ourselves (missus and I).....Were originally going to go Saturday, but car shopping......

In any event, got there Sunday morning and that storm rolled in......lol.....stuck in car till 12h00 when gates opened :music_whistling: :megalol:

Sorry to hear that man, what car did you two go look at or get? Thundervird 6 had issues on Saturday that halted their performanve till an hour os so after but was still a good showing.

Ex Alto Vincimus

Sorry to hear that man, what car did you two go look at or get? Thundervird 6 had issues on Saturday that halted their performanve till an hour os so after but was still a good showing.

All good - got to see most of the show as they crammed a lot into the time available. Hell, seeing the Thunderbirds was reason enough for the trip - first time for me seeing them so scaratch one off the bucket-list :D

Oh yes, Jeep Cherokee........tell you what, just emigrated from the UK three weeks ago and car-purchasing is an absolute bloody nightmare......:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All good - got to see most of the show as they crammed a lot into the time available. Hell, seeing the Thunderbirds was reason enough for the trip - first time for me seeing them so scaratch one off the bucket-list :D

Oh yes, Jeep Cherokee........tell you what, just emigrated from the UK three weeks ago and car-purchasing is an absolute bloody nightmare......:megalol:

Love the Astros avatar. Yeah wings over houston has always been really good planned and executed show. Yeah they changed how they do buisness with trades so people really get "f"ed now, it is unfortunate but the whole industry has gone that route. Almost as missfortunate as you moving to the biggest growning area in the region, 105 alone is a huge nightmare...

Ex Alto Vincimus

...105 alone is a huge nightmare...

Not too bad for us....yet..... - just above the WGJones State Forest so on the 1488 Farm Road/I-45/Hardy commute to the North Belt. 40 minutes average commute at peak.....could have been worse :megalol:

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not too bad for us....yet..... - just above the WGJones State Forest so on the 1488 Farm Road/I-45/Hardy commute to the North Belt. 40 minutes average commute at peak.....could have been worse :megalol:

Don't tell me you work in Gunspoint too...

Ex Alto Vincimus

Don't tell me you work in Gunspoint too...

:D

The Missus works for Halliburton - North Belt Campus. Me - still waiting on EAD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]