• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always the KC-130.

Or, you know, the 75 minute flight deck cycle.:smilewink:

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

• 1 year later...

Tangential Question: Has anyone created a new “How To?” video for A2A refueling in the Hornet with wake turbulence enabled? I find myself being sucked toward the center of the fueler regardless of which hose I try to engage.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Tangential Question: Has anyone created a new “How To?” video for A2A refueling in the Hornet with wake turbulence enabled? I find myself being sucked toward the center of the fueler regardless of which hose I try to engage.

If you're being hit hard by the turbulence, you're coming in too high. If you're coming from the left of the tanker, fly under the wing. If you're coming from behind the tanker, take care to come low and away from the wing edge.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Buddy refueling would be nice. I'd be happy if they made a new 3d model for the S-3 as well.

Would need the E model for that; the C doesn't have the capability.

S-3 is getting a new model (planned).

It is an -E Model Hornet in that image... shrug

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If you're being hit hard by the turbulence, you're coming in too high. If you're coming from the left of the tanker, fly under the wing. If you're coming from behind the tanker, take care to come low and away from the wing edge.

Appreciate the input but honestly, it’s not approaching the tanker that I’m questioning. It’s when you’re basically in position to receive where I’m having to fly with considerable roll input to keep station.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Appreciate the input but honestly, it’s not approaching the tanker that I’m questioning. It’s when you’re basically in position to receive where I’m having to fly with considerable roll input to keep station.
Same logic. Consider flying a little lower than you're used to, if possible. Also, you're right, even like that, it still takes an almost constant roll input to stay connected, at least for me.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

I have been tanking using the KC-130 which seems to work the best for me.

I also can use the S-3B which for some reason I have a harder time staying connected.

I have been flying in the Aerobatics online server and see there are also KC-135's and

KC-135MPRS.

When I try to tank up with them I only see the boom are those no good for the F-18?

I have been tanking using the KC-130 which seems to work the best for me.

I also can use the S-3B which for some reason I have a harder time staying connected.

I have been flying in the Aerobatics online server and see there are also KC-135's and

KC-135MPRS.

When I try to tank up with them I only see the boom are those no good for the F-18?

The KC-135 only has the boom, which doesn't work for the F-18. The KC-135 MPRS also has two refueling pods on the wings.

-

Actually since a couple of updates ago you can now take fuel from the KC-135, it never used to work but it does now, its not correct in that a drogue appears but you can hook up to the boom and take fuel now.

What are you talking about? Refuelling the Hornet using the boom on the KC-135 (instead of the drogue on the KC-135MPRS)??

The KC-135 MPRS only seems to work from the left basket for me, the right basket I fly straight through (after permission).

Am I correct in this or am I missing something?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

The KC-135 MPRS only seems to work from the left basket for me, the right basket I fly straight through (after permission).

Am I correct in this or am I missing something?

Not sure about this, but I think the right basket "activates" only if there's someone else slotted for the left basket. For example, order your wingman to refuel, wait until he commits to the left basket and then ask permission for yourself and go to the right one.

-

There will eventually be other options:

attachment.php?attachmentid=167966&stc=1&d=1503524097

Hope someday you can release this :) i´m eager for this for so long.

Best regards, and thank you.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Hope someday you can release this :) i´m eager for this for so long.

Best regards, and thank you.

F.

Only the Super Hornet is capable of buddy refuelling. You'll be eager for a long time.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Only the Super Hornet is capable of buddy refuelling. You'll be eager for a long time.

SkateZilla was developing F/A-18 Super Hornets A.I. Pack (pictured), that´s why my post.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.