dev update 30

The only "entitlement" I am feeling is to exactly what was displayed and agreed on as a "reward" of my pledge level. I hardly think this is asking too much. Hell, how about one email stating things are behind schedule? How about three words from someone at RRG... please be patient? Is there anyone here who backed with more than $200 feeling satisfied with the communication? I'd like to hear from them.

$1000 has gotten me nothing but an email from Kickstarter saying they took my money. Well, and the wisdom to never fall for such a thing again.

No matter what kind of Kum ba yah you want to sing... results matter.

WOW! that's a lot of clams!!...sorry to hear that outcome

I just think it's actually rude that there has be no word on the pledge items. While I understand we're all donating money, there is no respect shown to the backers in terms of communication.

I mean some backers were meant to get Skype time with Ilya. If he had of kept his promise, these Skype sessions would have been posted all over YouTube and shared. That's a missed opportunity for exposure IMO.

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

The only "entitlement" I am feeling is to exactly what was displayed and agreed on as a "reward" of my pledge level. I hardly think this is asking too much. Hell, how about one email stating things are behind schedule? How about three words from someone at RRG... please be patient? Is there anyone here who backed with more than $200 feeling satisfied with the communication? I'd like to hear from them.

$1000 has gotten me nothing but an email from Kickstarter saying they took my money. Well, and the wisdom to never fall for such a thing again.

I'm in a similar situation... pledged 270 bucks. I want Luthier to succeed, but the lack of communication just frustrates me. I mean, if DCS WWII succeeds, I just can't stop this idea that other incredibly interesting aircraft could be modeled with such a degree of detail (I'm thinking about the B-17 and the Mosquito).

Meh ...

Sayyyy... you don't happen to be this Codex guy of IL-2 fame from back in the day? If so, I distinctly remember you shooting my Pe-2 down a couple of times ;)

(ach and sorry for attempted thread derail everyone, please carry on)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

And yeah, my $0.002 as it comes to the topic at hand: I only put in $50 so cannot really be arsed to complain myself - and life's too short for that anyway - but I still think some complainers here DO have a point. So Ilya, if you're out there, how about posting a short note explaining whatever snags you may have hit concerning the promised key delivery etcetera?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

^^looks pretty similar

well, today is friday again, and considering Ilya's last update, i see at least a slight possibility, that the website is finished by now, and we do get an update about it today....but well, its Ilya, so i wont be surprised if we dont hear anything at all today...

Re shining everything in the 109 cockpit. Is this the same as what is described in the linked topic?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115749

Yes. The technical term is Fresnel (also commonly known as Rim Lighting) -- and it's very useful, at the proper level.

You may feel it is abused, but it does a decent job of simulating light reflection at perpendicular angles and it's a fairly cheap shader. It's however easy to overdo it.

It's a matter of ticking a checkbox in 3DS Max when exporting and the fresnel would be gone from the 109 pit.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I was reading your reward description over at KS, and it seems to be saying Skype begins Sept. 2014...still you should have received those P-51 keys, so can't blame you for being upset

• Like 1

I was reading your reward description over at KS, and it seems to be saying Skype begins Sept. 2014...still you should have received those P-51 keys, so can't blame you for being upset

I'll try to clarify my logic on this once again...

Weekly Skype development meetings would seem a bit out of place AFTER the proposed development period was over. (Release date was advertised as Sept 2014) Why would I be attending informational sessions concerning development progress of the sim when I could be using the finished product?

AND once again... Communication is the issue. A single attempt to clarify the situation would remedy the dissatisfaction.

OR maybe you're right. It was intentional. There will be one Skype development session on the day of release with live action champagne bottle opening. ...Now it seems to be worth every penny.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I'll try to clarify my logic on this once again...

Weekly Skype development meetings would seem a bit out of place AFTER the proposed development period was over. (Release date was advertised as Sept 2014) Why would I be attending informational sessions concerning development progress of the sim when I could be using the finished product?

AND once again... Communication is the issue. A single attempt to clarify the situation would remedy the dissatisfaction.

OR maybe you're right. It was intentional. There will be one Skype development session on the day of release with live action champagne bottle opening. ...Now it seems to be worth every penny.

You make perfect sense to me, and it bothers me that you and others are having this problem...there really can be no excuse and I hope that he contacts all of the eligible donors, the sooner the better.