Possible for RRG to use this cloud generator software in DCS WW2 expansion?

This is not something RRG has a hand in.

It is something handled by engine programmers; especially ones who have an intimate knowledge of the current engine and shaders.

DCS (Seemingally) already utilizes a basic form of a multiple-scattering shader; which looks fairly good. Cloud structure could however be improved for larger formations and structures.

It's also not as easy as it seems to get middleware such as this looking as good as it does; and requires a lot of implementation time.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Some stunning realtime cloud creation and they offer an SDK with it!

You didn't mention "flat bottomed clouds" MP :)

That program is very cool though MP, we can only wish i think right now, but wouldn't it be just awesome.

It's also not as easy as it seems to get middleware such as this looking as good as it does; and requires a lot of implementation time.

So very true. Both Arma 3, Take on Helicopters and War Thunder use this middleware, and all three of them, while looking somewhat similar, have different approaches, even Arma 3 and Take on which are both made by BIS. Both BIS games btw have a weird effect where if you're above the clouds, theres a big circle below you where they don't render.

Arma 3:

1024x640.resizedimage

Tokoh with Arma 2 map:

1024x640.resizedimage

War Thunder:

329653-BeTaJIb.jpg

I thought RRG was making airplanes, a map, some ground equipment, and the initial missions and campaigns for the airplanes. Luthier was very clear about this project being so doable because they don't have to invent anything new.

How does changing the cloud render system fit into that? Aren't the clouds handled by ED and DCS World?

The impression I get from reading luthier posts, is that RRG will have some control on the weather. I could be very wrong on this and its certainly an unknown for us right now. On a related note, the weather forecast for the invasion day was wrong (what's new about that :P)...a lot of lives were lost because of the thick clouds that were encountered near the French coast. Aircraft were forced to increase their altitude, screwed things up a bit.