Future of the DCS P-51D

Donut

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it is going to have theatre appropriate boost of 72" Hg. It is also going to be a bit lighter, but will most likely lose HVARS, the Monica radar and maybe K-14 gunsight. There is no evidence of HVARS being used by P-51s in the ETO btw.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

I don't think ED would remove these items from our P-51D.
Me either.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is nothing officially announced from ED...

IMO

ETO Mustang will lost Iwojima equipment, which was not used in ETO.

"Advanced" IFF with its control box and UncleDog with its anntenas.

VHF anntena will be relocated from bottom fuselage to up.

Only these things identify DCS Mustang as no ETO plane and as a late D-20 and subsequent blocks.

APS-13 radar (not Monica, it was ground search radar for bombers), HVARs capability (even they was not use) and K-14 were in ETO too.

So, both possibility keep/remove them are here...

and i hope, NO 44-1 fuel will be added

everithing here is guessing only!

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Not blocks, but earlier models (A,B and C) had 4 guns.

D model (DCS P-51) had possibility to remove midle gun as a reduced weapon field upgrade.

No idea if it was ever used...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

As Monica and AN/APS-13 have the same schematic, I'd argue I might as well call it Monica. The antenna array looks a bit different. It's basically still a mere copy of the British radar.

Btw it's gonna be a second version like with the Albatros, the NA-30 will most definitely stay. I think ED have already communicated that it will. And no, only late SN D20 had factory fitted K-14. Our PTO Mustang has a factory model an not a N9 field conversion, so it is not a field modded British Gyro sight MkII which is the original British version of the K-14. I have written several lengthy posts about this whole block topic a few years ago.

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

• 1 month later...

Any idea on when ED will make good on this promise?

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

2 weeks!

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I created this thread in December of last year and I am discouraged that we still have not heard from ED about the P-51 and still lack updated information on other WWII aircraft development or the general plan and future of WWII in DCS. I was originally going to purchase the Normandy map but I chose not to due to the lack of information and general concerns/questions that we all have. There was a time when VEAO was developing the P-40 with a long list of other WWII aircraft and Leatherneck(now split) was developing the F4U. The P-40 is on hold and there is a lot of uncertainty with VEAO as a developer and their future plans and I have no idea what happened with the F4U. As of now, the future plans for the P-51 are still as much of a mystery as everything else.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Agreed. As much as VEAO had a bad rep, when they left DCS (or for future projects anyways), they also left DCS WWII hanging in the air. Not all of the warbirds should come from ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This project seems to suffer from a lack of cohesion, but at least part of that stems from the original planeset which wasn't drawn up by ED. But then, we wouldn't have _anything_ had they not picked up the ball, so I don't know... maybe better just wait patiently as always?

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

As much as VEAO had a bad rep, when they left DCS (or for future projects anyways), they also left DCS WWII hanging in the air.

Which was actually some pretty good news to be honest. I would rather want someone else to take care of it than VEAO... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There was a European Theatre variant said to be in the works/planned wasnt there?

in the 72' Thread

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

There was a European Theatre variant said to be in the works/planned wasnt there?

in the 72' Thread

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2845701&postcount=4

There is this post from Racoon back in August of last year. I haven't heard anything official or unofficial since. Now that the Spitfire is out, hopefully they have been working on it.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"