DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 236 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-01-2018, 08:52 PM   #2351
Salsam

Anyone found a way to capture the Radio/AWACs overlay in OBS for streams and recordning?
Only finding the SRS Client window :-/
Salsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:05 PM   #2352
dcsil2pilot

Cannot hear anyone on the Cold War server. I have volume up, correctly connected, I can hear myself through my headphones, have the same device selected for speakers (for mic passthrough and audio) and people on the server can hear me. My F-5's volume knob is maxed as well, though I've tried it in other positions. When people can hear me, I could hear myself but not them. What am I missing?
dcsil2pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:27 PM   #2353
mmcintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsam View Post
Ciribob - again love SRS!
I have a thought/request thou. Would it be possible to have officiall SRS server that transmitt some audio track. That way you can test connect, check sound in AND output without having to start the game and (hopefully) find a server with people talking on srs.
Especially useful for troubleshooting, first time users...or me as a streamer (trying to get optimal sound).
What do you think?

A part of NOSIG
If the source code for SRS were available it would be possible to setup either an Azure Function or an AWS Lambda Function whose sole purpose could be to act like a speech API and respond to SRS clients that connect to it. This type of cloud implementation wouldn't have a monthly cost but it would have a sub-penny cost per a certain number of requests depending on the SLA.

I have actually been thinking about trying to code something like this of awhile. Any further thoughts?

My Peripherals:
Thrustmaster
Warthog Joystick and Throttle
Cougar MFDs * 4

TrackIR 5 PRO
Logitech G933
Desk mounts
https://monstertechusa.com/product/j...s-table-mount/
https://monstertechusa.com/product/mfd-tablet-mount/
CTS-Configurator for TARGET script
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3043393/
SRS
VIACOM PRO
mmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:45 PM   #2354
MorpheusXAUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcintosh View Post
If the source code for SRS were available it would be possible to setup either an Azure Function or an AWS Lambda Function whose sole purpose could be to act like a speech API and respond to SRS clients that connect to it. This type of cloud implementation wouldn't have a monthly cost but it would have a sub-penny cost per a certain number of requests depending on the SLA.

I have actually been thinking about trying to code something like this of awhile. Any further thoughts?
The source code of SRS is available, in fact the download link leads you to the GitHub repository containing the full source code of the SRS client and server
MorpheusXAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:24 AM   #2355
Wicked.-

The SRS GUI does not display on this new release for me. Is there something I'm doing wrong in the install? It IS connecting to the server and functioning but I can't change channels in FC3 aircraft without the GUI.

Thanks

Intel i7 7700K@4.5, MSI Z270 SLI, 32Gb Corsair Dominator 3200, Zotac GTX 1080ti Amp Edition, Samsung 960M2, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1 and 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.
Wicked.- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:12 AM   #2356
AcroGimp

Cribob, thanks for the update to add the Scooter - much appreciated.

Curious if you have seen where the radio effects and clipping don't work - previous versions worked fine for me, great immersion by sounding more realistic with clicks when I hit PTT, etc., but not in 1.5.5.5 - will check new stable but loved the effects when they worked, not sure if it is on my install or a change in SRS.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

'Gimp | DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1
CO, vVMA-131 Diamondbacks www.csg-1.com
AcroGimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:21 AM   #2357
ST0RM

1.5.6 has broken the Allow Additional Input Devices, so the Samsung Odyssey isnt recognized. Just an FYI
ST0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:24 AM   #2358
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
1.5.6 has broken the Allow Additional Input Devices, so the Samsung Odyssey isnt recognized. Just an FYI
Please post your problem in more detail and your clientlogs.txt on Discord and I can help there. The build only had changes to the network library So DirectX input Is the same.

The allow more inputs option is a risky one, hence the warning, and I can show you how to whitelist a device so it's not needed but I will need the info above.

Discord here: https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:25 AM   #2359
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked.- View Post
The SRS GUI does not display on this new release for me. Is there something I'm doing wrong in the install? It IS connecting to the server and functioning but I can't change channels in FC3 aircraft without the GUI.

Thanks
Please go to Discord for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroGimp View Post
Cribob, thanks for the update to add the Scooter - much appreciated.

Curious if you have seen where the radio effects and clipping don't work - previous versions worked fine for me, great immersion by sounding more realistic with clicks when I hit PTT, etc., but not in 1.5.5.5 - will check new stable but loved the effects when they worked, not sure if it is on my install or a change in SRS.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

'Gimp | DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1
Check they're definitely on and if not, please go to discord for support

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote