Alternative CSAR Script

Ciribob

Is there a setting to make the pilots when on the ground (as soldiers) not be invincible? We had a three day operation over last weekend and found that a pilot ejected over an airfield and because the unit was invincible it was able to kill all the units there and take over the field.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Not had this, The older verison of the script (before yesterday) if you selected the option to destroy the unit it could have some crazy affects similar to how you describe, check you use the last version.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I was asked what happens when the CSAR helo gets shot down.

From what I can understand if the CSAR gets shot down you have to rescue that helo and the pilot? Are both slots now blocked until I rescue both?

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

In the script you can specifiy to turn this on, by default, no the CSAR chopper is not blocked, but if you want to, insane people can do this :)

I was asked what happens when the CSAR helo gets shot down.

From what I can understand if the CSAR gets shot down you have to rescue that helo and the pilot? Are both slots now blocked until I rescue both?

Ciribob would be delighted for you to use his script for bettering the community and it's nice if you mention how awesome it is in your notes/briefing, i'm not sure of the actual license he uses, but for community work i can't imagine it's relevant. Ciribobs scripts form a huge part of the 42nd VFG's missions every week.

Thanks for that wonderful Script, that work like a charm :thumbup:

Question do you allow me to use it in a mission file that I want to share with communauty ?

Is there a setting to make the pilots when on the ground (as soldiers) not be invincible? We had a three day operation over last weekend and found that a pilot ejected over an airfield and because the unit was invincible it was able to kill all the units there and take over the field.

Yup, check the first post or the top of the script. You can turn off the pilot being invisible and invulnerable to AI :()

Thanks for that wonderful Script, that work like a charm :thumbup:

Question do you allow me to use it in a mission file that I want to share with communauty ?

Ciribob would be delighted for you to use his script for bettering the community and it's nice if you mention how awesome it is in your notes/briefing, i'm not sure of the actual license he uses, but for community work i can't imagine it's relevant. Ciribobs scripts form a huge part of the 42nd VFG's missions every week.

As Pikey said, go for it! Course thats not a problem. I would appreciate a link back to this forum so others can find it if they want to but its not the end of the world if you don't :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hello,

Is that possible to desactivate a coalition ? making it work only for Blue ?

Currently not possible but easy to add! I'll try and do a release later in the week :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 2 weeks later...
Salut Ciribob, Harder than expected ? Or did'nt get time to look at ? :smartass:

Sorry not got round to it, I've been working on blue flag :)

New version of the CSAR Script v1.8.4 - 1.5 Compatible!

*** FOR 1.5 or 2.0: Make sure all CSAR players are in separate groups / flights ***

Change log:

• Pilot wont fight back when under fire
  • CSAR can be enabled / disabled per coalition
  • Upped flare request distance to 5KM
  • Modified SlotBlocking to no longer interfere with mission flags :)

The slotBlockingGameGUI and CSAR lua have now been changed to use a different flag that won't interfere with mission flags

If CSAR slot blocking isn't enabled, you wont be shown the chat message on joining a slot about CSAR anymore :)

Make sure you have the new MIST 4.0.57 !

Fully compatible with 1.5 with working radio beacons for homing to pilots

By default AI pilots don't need rescuing and you can fly a CSAR heli after ejecting even if the pilot isn't rescued. These defaults are easily changeable at the top of CSAR.lua for your missions :)

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

Please see Github for latest code

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CSAR

Please Note: For radio beacons to work you must add beacon.ogg to your mission!

• 4 weeks later...

This is definitely my favorite script it work so sweetly :)

- The last update for side activate work good.

If I could make a wish, it would be nice if a succeed SAR run would reward players with some points (maybe 25 pts by rescued pilots). don't know if it would be complicate to code ?

See you

Edited by wdrago

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible to have the frequencies generated or script to generate a ARK-UD trigger zone so the Mi-8 can home in on that ARK-UD channel without using its R-863 radio?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

This is definitely my favorite script it work so sweetly :)

- The last update for side activate work good.

If I could make a wish, it would be nice if a succeed SAR run would reward players with some points (maybe 25 pts by rescued pilots). don't know if it would be complicate to code ?

See you

Glad to hear its working. Unfortunately the DCS scoreboard is not accessible to scripting so I can't increase points.

Is it possible to have the frequencies generated or script to generate a ARK-UD trigger zone so the Mi-8 can home in on that ARK-UD channel without using its R-863 radio?

Whats the range of the radio in KHz or MHz and the steps? Shouldn't be too hard to add! Might take a bit of time though, quite busy at the moment. Sorry!

Hi Ciribob,

The ARK-UD of the Mi-8 uses a trigger zone coupled with a radio transmission set-up in the mission editor to activate one of the six channels (seven if you count 243.000 as well) of the ARK-UD.

More information on how this works in the mission editor here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=154403

Hope it gives you the information you need.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 2 weeks later...
Any news on this?

Sorry Looney I had a look, its possible but likely that multiple downed pilots will conflict so I'm not going to add it for now.

I have been working on some updates I can hopefully fully test this weekend and release :)

Hi !,

thanks for this great script, I just discovered it and try to make it work for my virtual squad.

I just have questions:

- I try to receive the beacon signal, it looks like I can't receive it (either on UH-1 or Mi8. I kept the original beacon.ogg, did I do something wrong ?

- I tried to modify the smoke color and the coordinates systems (green smoke and bullseye coordinate in metrics), but it looks that nothing changed in game, am I missing something ?

- And last, if I want to broadcast one of my sound files and if I rename it "beacon.ogg", will it work ?

I precise that I left the original mist script file in the mission editor (the file provided in the zip file), which version is it ?

Sorry for my "newbish questions", but I'm a bit confused with thoses .lua files

Edited by flo57100

After you load MIST via trigger, play sound to a country such as Australia and use that beacon.ogg.

What you can do to help learn, is go through the MIST lua and get used to the language in it. Read the MIST manual. And, in my opinion, dissect other missions and learn by studying how they did things. Please, if you modify someones hard work, give them credit. Good luck and let us know how you are doing and post your miz file so we can look at it.

OK, I tried to do a mission on my own to test the script.

I managed:

- To run the script

- To receive beacon signal on my mi8 ARC-9 and a direction to the pilot

But I don't any sound. Also my coordinates and my smoke colors (bullseye kilometers, green) were not changed altough I modified the settings in the CSAR script lua . I joined my mission, my script file with modified settings and the recorded track to my post. Did I miss something ?

CSAR Mi8.trk

CSAR.lua

csar-test.miz

Edited by flo57100