Weather development

nicka117

I think ED should hurry to at least show the progress. because people are very excited about how beatiful upcoming civil sim's weather features

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ED should hurry to at least show the progress. because people are very excited about how beatiful upcoming civil sim's weather features

I think ED should really speedup the new rendering engine , in the current state even with top of the art hardware it's struggling to get 60 costant fps, I am not even talking about 100..

with a 2080ti, a 8700@5.2 ghz + 32 gb ram 3600mhz + 2 dedicated NVME (one for OS + 1 exclusiveley Only for DCS) playing at 3440x1440 resolution is still a pain in the arse.

Not to mention DCS still uses 1 core....the performance of DCS has been a real issue thourgh many years and never been properly adressed by the devs.

There are thousands of potential customers who are simply too scared due to high-demanding dcs requirements.:)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I think ED should really speedup the new rendering engine , in the current state even with top of the art hardware it's struggling to get 60 costant fps, I am not even talking about 100..

with a 2080ti, a 8700@5.2 ghz + 32 gb ram 3600mhz + 2 dedicated NVME (one for OS + 1 exclusiveley Only for DCS) playing at 3440x1440 resolution is still a pain in the arse.

Not to mention DCS still uses 1 core....the performance of DCS has been a real issue thourgh many years and never been properly adressed by the devs.

There are thousands of potential customers who are simply too scared due to high-demanding dcs requirements.:)

Completely agree with you.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

I know many people who have a more modest system. They are stopping flying in the DCS. They stopped buying modules because it is not running properly. ED has to improve urgent performance. It has to be a high priority. :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

New Rendering engine is going as fast as it can. We certainly know how important performance is.

So in other words, "Stop asking. We will let you know when we feel you need to know!". Sounds like a winner to me.

Would rather they keep fixing bugs anyway. Been doing fairly well in that regard. No need at add new ones with unproven, untested add-ons at this point.

So in other words, "Stop asking. We will let you know when we feel you need to know!". Sounds like a winner to me.

Would rather they keep fixing bugs anyway. Been doing fairly well in that regard. No need at add new ones with unproven, untested add-ons at this point.

Or maybe they could put some of the new projects aside like maps, and advanced planes that will bring even more bugs and complaints and forego putting gasoline in their expensive cars or taking vacation trips for a while and spend their time fixing and finishing the stuff they already have put out and just threw by the wayside. Every coin has two sides. People have a right to not be happy at this point. I cannot blame them. Many of these issues and "upgrades" are years old promises.

• ED Team
Or maybe they could put some of the new projects aside like maps, and advanced planes that will bring even more bugs and complaints and forego putting gasoline in their expensive cars or taking vacation trips for a while and spend their time fixing and finishing the stuff they already have put out and just threw by the wayside. Every coin has two sides. People have a right to not be happy at this point. I cannot blame them. Many of these issues and "upgrades" are years old promises.

Whoa whoa whoa... I can have an expensive car and take vacation trips?!?!?

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I know Ray Tracing has been mentioned but other than that is the new rendering engine more about performance upgrades or will the graphics get a boost as well?

It looks absolutely stunning at the moment!

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• ED Team
I know Ray Tracing has been mentioned but other than that is the new rendering engine more about performance upgrades or will the graphics get a boost as well?

It looks absolutely stunning at the moment!

I really don't have details on the new render engine yet, but obviously more performance, especially where we hurt is the big thing, and why build a new renderer and not take advantage of some new bells and whistles.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I'm from the LOMAC era, Lock On, FC and I went to Black Sark, so I stopped for many years. I returned now, bought some modules, F-18C, Supercarrier, Golfo and M2000C. Despite the improvements, the DCS is almost the same as many years ago. For me, it stopped in time, the graphics engine is very bad. The cost of the Tomcat module alone is higher than that of the MSFS2020 Premium version with 30 airplanes and 40 highly detailed airports in addition to a graphics engine that is light years ahead of the DCS. Thus, as soon as the DCS is released, it will be increasingly forgotten in a corner of the HD, but as a lover of military aviation, I will be hoping that the ED will actually improve the simulator.

Sorry for the English

• ED Team

Well I cant agree with you there, you only need to do a side by side with old LOMAC vids to see how far it has come, performance wise there are issues with VR, but to say we haven't done anything since LOMAC is not a fair assessment, unless you are still using the same computer from then.

64Sig.png

Well I cant agree with you there, you only need to do a side by side with old LOMAC vids to see how far it has come, performance wise there are issues with VR, but to say we haven't done anything since LOMAC is not a fair assessment, unless you are still using the same computer from then.

Maybe I overdid myself in relation to LOMAC, I meant, that the sensation flying the DCS today is the same as it was in LOMAC. I remember having to do a considerable upgrade in order to see the Blur, Water and overcast effect. I think that the simulator technically, flight dynamics, radar, very good weapons, but as I am not a military pilot the most immersive for me are graphics.

I have the impression that the DCS is an old car, where you put new wheels, paint in another color, but it's still old.

Believe me, I'm a fan, so much so that I bought LomaC, FC, Black Shark and now the modules here in Brazil, which you can believe, come out much more expensive than in countries with dollar currency

Edited by SERGIOABRAZ

• ED Team
Maybe I overdid myself in relation to LOMAC, I meant, that the sensation flying the DCS today is the same as it was in LOMAC. I remember having to do a considerable upgrade in order to see the Blur, Water and overcast effect. I think that the simulator technically, flight dynamics, radar, very good weapons, but as I am not a military pilot the most immersive for me are graphics.

I have the impression that the DCS is an old car, where you put new wheels, paint in another color, but it's still old.

Believe me, I'm a fan, so much so that I bought LomaC, FC, Black Shark and now the modules here in Brazil, which you can believe, come out much more expensive than in countries with dollar currency

Well I still think a lot has changed, and more is on the way, I have seen early shots of the new clouds, newer than what has been released, and they are pretty sexy.

64Sig.png

This part isn't quite true. With static weather you can set the cloud deck and thickness to anything you want. You just can't do it through the ME which makes it more of a pain. You have to edit the mission file. Here's Butami with the base set to 80m:

[...]

Of course, any runways at a higher altitude could very well be very deep in the clouds.

If it's not doable via the ME the statement is true. I mean yes, you can do lot's of things with extensive scripting, modding etc. - not limited to but including adding whole air craft.

But in the end the functionality that the game provides via it's official editor is the benchmark.

Whoa whoa whoa... I can have an expensive car and take vacation trips?!?!?

I can't since I have to buy so many modules :lol:

That aside I can understand where the poster was coming from. Keep in mind that Eagle Dynamics has the same amount of employees, actually a little more, than Asobo, the studio behind some other recent sim game in the news.

So in essence he was talking about focusing resources on core aspects of the game itself that cannot be compensated by community modding or 3rd party developers, like more modules or maps.

And I agree with that to be honest.

I would love to see more openness especially to community modding, taking some of the pain out to get mods distributed and running as well as improving parts of the game that are just tedious but rather super easy and simple work.

Obviously core modules will have to be developed to get new tech into the platform (ground radar etc.) but just looking at what awesome mods are available and how hard it is to build dynamic content around them to fly with a few friends is always a sad sight. The game could be much better if some of the workload would be sourced to the community and staff could focus on the core platform.

Best regards

• ED Team

I can't since I have to buy so many modules :lol:

That aside I can understand where the poster was coming from. Keep in mind that Eagle Dynamics has the same amount of employees, actually a little more, than Asobo, the studio behind some other recent sim game in the news.

So in essence he was talking about focusing resources on core aspects of the game itself that cannot be compensated by community modding or 3rd party developers, like more modules or maps.

And I agree with that to be honest.

I would love to see more openness especially to community modding, taking some of the pain out to get mods distributed and running as well as improving parts of the game that are just tedious but rather super easy and simple work.

Obviously core modules will have to be developed to get new tech into the platform (ground radar etc.) but just looking at what awesome mods are available and how hard it is to build dynamic content around them to fly with a few friends is always a sad sight. The game could be much better if some of the workload would be sourced to the community and staff could focus on the core platform.

Well, we are doing, in many cases, much different work than the aforementioned other guys, not that they are not doing complex in their own rights, but different.

As for your points, all that is ongoing right now, and without funding of a huge global software company ;)

64Sig.png

Well, we are doing, in many cases, much different work than the aforementioned other guys, not that they are not doing complex in their own rights, but different.

As for your points, all that is ongoing right now, and without funding of a huge global software company ;)

Maybe I thought something impossible, but wouldn't it be incredible if ED and the other developers could partner with MS and develop specific modules for military aviation within FS?

Imagine, having the world as a combat simulation scenario ...

Sorry if I offended someone with this idea

There are things that irritate me about this sim, but the constant pessimism is nothing but doodoo.

Yeah I pre-ordered MSFS2020 and I am excited about it even though civilian aviation bores me. I'm excited to see the real next gen graphics, map technology, and weather engine. But I really doubt I'll spend more time in msfs than dcs in the long run. I'm more excited for another sale to pick up the f-16, and to get the syria map, and eventually the hind and the apache and the dynamic campaign module and so on and so on.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Well I still think a lot has changed, and more is on the way, I have seen early shots of the new clouds, newer than what has been released, and they are pretty sexy.

Stop with the teasing! Show us some candy already! :D

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I have seen early shots of the new clouds, newer than what has been released, and they are pretty sexy.

So is that all, fluffy clouds? Anything more substantial, like visibility that reflects what you actually put in the settings?

Because right now, visibility seems to improve with airport elevation. For the same value fog visibility set for Batumi and Tblisi, you can see a lot further in Tbilisi. It doesn't work like that in real life.

I understand that Eagle Dynamics had a real Russian Air Force pilot as advisor, but he passed away some time ago (RIP). Did they find someone to replace him?

I am a MSFS Beta tester and flying a civilian aircraft is too boring for fighter pilots, believe me....and I am not talking about jets...flying a Bonanza or a Cessna in a windy day, or storm day you have a lot of work to do, but nothing compares a war zone. As @SERGIOABRAZ said will be awesome to have the MSFS Gaphics engine with DCS, but at cost of a NASA Computer??

my 2cts...

I think only the clouds would be nice... All the rest... Nah. It's not done "right". It just looks great from 10K feet.

Try in a heli?

Yeah...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

So is that all, fluffy clouds? Anything more substantial, like visibility that reflects what you actually put in the settings?

Because right now, visibility seems to improve with airport elevation. For the same value fog visibility set for Batumi and Tblisi, you can see a lot further in Tbilisi. It doesn't work like that in real life.

I understand that Eagle Dynamics had a real Russian Air Force pilot as advisor, but he passed away some time ago (RIP). Did they find someone to replace him?

Actually it works exactly like that in real life.

It may not be as uniform as what you see in DCS using static weather but you are not a very keen observer if you have never noticed thick fog in low lying areas turn into better visibility as you climb to higher elevation.

6-satellitesee.jpg

Edited by pmiceli

EDsignaturefleet.jpg