VR Hand controllers

SpaceMonkey037

Hello! I fly dcs with the RIFT S handcontrollers, but with my current simpit my controllers press switches around in my cockpit when i am not using them. I know that i can disable the controllers when the grip button is not pressed, but then i am stuck with the blue cross in my face. I would rather have to deal with the controllers pressing switches over that. Do anyone know of a way to disable the controllers ability to press things when the grip button is pressed without that cross being in my face?

I use the rift S in my simpit when I play DCS and I use the hand controllers for various different things as well. I have found that if I put the hand controllers down on my lap (or I suppose any surface applies) that I needed to build the discipline to put them down with the palm button facing upwards. Especially on my lap, when I moved my legs a little it would often be enough to depress the button and trigger the controller in to an active state - frequently inadvertently grabbing the virtual flight stick and aileron rolling my aircraft unexpectedly at the worst time. lol

Perhaps this might help you manage while you find what works best for you. Good luck and happy flying!

I use the rift S in my simpit when I play DCS and I use the hand controllers for various different things as well. I have found that if I put the hand controllers down on my lap (or I suppose any surface applies) that I needed to build the discipline to put them down with the palm button facing upwards. Especially on my lap, when I moved my legs a little it would often be enough to depress the button and trigger the controller in to an active state - frequently inadvertently grabbing the virtual flight stick and aileron rolling my aircraft unexpectedly at the worst time. lol

Perhaps this might help you manage while you find what works best for you. Good luck and happy flying!

The problem I am describing is that the controllers are still able to press switches even when the grip button isn't depressed. My controllers frequently press different things around the cockpit without me being able to do anything about it. This is my problem.