Chuck's Mi-8 Guide

Its a pity, it seems that Chuck got disenchanted with the DCS user community and took them down :(

This is false.

Chuck accidentally deleted the public guides, but still has backups. Unfortunately because where he is working, he does not have access to his account to fix the error for a few weeks. Several others have come forward to host the guides until Chuck can get home and fix the mistake.

Its a pity, it seems that Chuck got disenchanted with the DCS user community and took them down sad.gif

Please do not spread rumors. Chuck will get around to bringing them back online when he is able. There are others that are hosting them in the meantime.

Chuck was doing some sorting of his Google Drive ahead of a business trip and accidentally deleted the active folder we can all see that had all the guides. He meant to delete the backups, so he's still got those, unfortunately he won't be back for a few weeks to fix the issue, in the mean time, a few folks have helpfully hosted the old guides until Chuck gets home and fixes it. thumbup.gif

Here are all the chucks Guides (THANK YOU CHUCK/Charly_Owl)

I will leave this link here Until Chuck will renew his links.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4kqOBYxv9yTQW5NV0E2LUdXRms

Edited by Chump
Clarification

Please do not spread rumors. Chuck will get around to bringing them back online when he is able. There are others that are hosting them in the meantime.

... Ok now look at the person you quoted, and look at my user name.

We posted minutes apart. You sniped me. :) I was using your answer from the other thread as an explanation of what happened.

My answer was for Rudel_chw to inform of where the manuals can still be downloaded from.

• 2 years later...

New update was released today.

Changelog: (8/11/2019)

• Added Bookmarks
  • Further detailed Engines Section
  • Added Ancillary System Descriptions in the Engines Section (Hydraulic, Electrical, Anti-Ice, Fire Protection, KO-50 Combustor, PZU (Particle Separator System))
  • Re-wrote Start-Up procedure
  • Updated Weapon Tutorials
  • Overhauled Countermeasures tutorials with Manual & Program modes
  • Added signal flares procedure
  • Added information on Search Lights
  • Replaced many Russian Cockpit pictures with English Cockpit for clarification
  • Added different takeoff methods
  • Updated Controls Section

New update was released today....

Thank you, I really appreciate your effort in keeping your Guides updated :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB