New sounds discussion

Recording the sound at e.g. 3000 rpm on ground wouldn't be very realistic anyway for the required in-flight-sound, since the propeller blade angle will be much lower, which results in noticeable different sound than with the aircraft in flight.

you can put p-51 in wind tunel, and record 500mph dive sounds :P

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

And you should record at different rpms and different distances the reflection of sound from different objects: ground, trees, buildings, etc. :D

Ofc i though that i dont need mention it

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Don't forget the spectral analysis required at different frequency bands so you can determine how differing tones change as power and RPM vary...

I hope this is a statutory lesson to those of you who think that you just go to your nearest airshow with a microphone and record flybys; that actually, sound capture - and then resynthesis - is a hugely complex undertaking and that the people engaged are far better educated, experienced and aware of the limiting factors than you are.

After completing task of capturing sounds samples with many peta bytes wrote on harddrives it is time to start compressing it to be able to fit in average computer

Don't forget the spectral analysis required at different frequency bands so you can determine how differing tones change as power and RPM vary...

I hope this is a statutory lesson to those of you who think that you just go to your nearest airshow with a microphone and record flybys; that actually, sound capture - and then resynthesis - is a hugely complex undertaking and that the people engaged are far better educated, experienced and aware of the limiting factors than you are.

Bloody hell Sherlock, going to that direction has never been a good idea, has it? ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

personally prefer mods that were available, not doubting how authentic internal sounds are but externally having seen countless amounts of spits fly by me I prefer the mods. Unfortunately they no longer work after the latest update.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I wonder, what about the backfire sounds? The default backfire sound doesn't fit at all. Maybe it's planned to be changed in the future as well, alongside the Mustang's exterior sounds?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I wonder, what about the backfire sounds? The default backfire sound doesn't fit at all. Maybe it's planned to be changed in the future as well, alongside the Mustang's exterior sounds?

I agree. The old backfire sounds were always the weakest part of the Merlin sound IMO, and now the difference is even more glaring. It would be great if we could have those updated too.

I gotta refer to Jafa's sound mod for 51 and Spit. The backfire sound samples he's got are really believable.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

I gotta refer to Jafa's sound mod for 51 and Spit. The backfire sound samples he's got are really believable.

Zach thank you for ur voice here man.

I thought that I'm alone here who love to looking for good things not just "enough one"...

Edited by 303_HOLY

• ED Team

My friends, ofcourse evrth will be updated ) also in the next updates there will be small changes to the sound of spitfire

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

Zach thank you for ur voice here man.

I thought that I'm alone here who love to looking for good things not just "enough one"...

+1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

My friends, ofcourse evrth will be updated ) also in the next updates there will be small changes to the sound of spitfire

Dear btd.

Thank you for listening us.

Like I mentioned before we are mature persons here (most of us) and I think that everybody has choosen DCS because we love realism. That's why we expected from Dev the same mature and constructive reactions instead of ..... non mature behaviours.

There is NOTHING comparable to this sim, that's why we r here to help rising it higher and higher. Not to shine but to build and learn more.

Realy best regards.

HOLY

Edited by 303_HOLY

I just took the Spit for a brief spin and I find the sounds very immersing.

Sounds are very important to me to help full immersion and these are such a great, great improvement over the ones we have lived with for years.

Great Job!

Edited by Catseye

Anyone got a quickie video of them, since the update today?

Anyone got a quickie video of them, since the update today?

Can't tell much difference myself. The horrible backfire/popping sound still is there :sad_2:

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
Just wanted to show my appreciation for the new sounds we have, they're great :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My earlier complaints were my own fault, as leftovers from old mods were in my saved games folder. Now that I am cleaned up, I hear the new sounds in all their glory, and I have to say I am bloody impressed!

The only gripe I have is what others have mentioned, that when idle, the sound is extremely low, both inside and outside the pit. I suspected that a Merlin running in idle would make somewhat more noise. I can easily hear the whine of the fuel pump above the engine both inside and outside.

Either way, thanks for the efforts fellas. This is great work!