C-101 update

Vibora

Yea, my father and I are both pilots and we live pretty far away so we enjoy doing flights online in the L-39 and serving as crew for each other. Can't wait to do it in the 101 and I'll be gifting him the module when multicrew is added.
well, then I hope it gets implemented for you and your dad's sake. :)
  • Like 1

It's been said multicrew will be added with AFM. Hopefully that means the ability to exchange controls and not just ride along. *cough*hawk*cough*

Correct. When AFM is done it will be possible to fly on both cockpits in a shared MP session, exchanging controls as you say.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Hi all.

The specular effect for external model that you have now in 2.5.0 is the old one from version 1.5.8. You will get the new one in next update.

We are working on a new cockpit model since the current one is based in the old external model that, as you know, was changed for a new one some time ago. We have used real measurements for this new cockpit model, as well as better specular and texture effects. Consequently, the cockpit visibility will improve considerably, as well as its general aspect. It will be available in the next few weeks.

=============

Hola todos.

El efecto de reflexión especular del modelo externo que tenéis ahora en la 2.5.0 es el antiguo de la 1.5.8. Obtendréis el nuevo en la siguiente actualización.

Estamos trabajando en un nuevo modelo de cabina ya que el actual está basado en el antiguo modelo externo que, como sabréis, se cambió por uno nuevo hace algún tiempo. Hemos usado medidas reales para este nuevo modelo de cabina, así como unos mejores efectos de reflexión especular y de texturas. En consecuencia, la visibilidad de cabina mejorará sentiblemente, así como su aspecto general. Estará disponible en las próximas semanas.

• Like 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

We are working on a new cockpit model since the current one is based in the old external model that, as you know, was changed for a new one some time ago. We have used real measurements for this new cockpit model, as well as better specular and texture effects. Consequently, the cockpit visibility will improve considerably, as well as its general aspect. It will be available in the next few weeks.

Thanks a lot for the news, even tough on my view the current cockpit is perfectly fine ... here is a short flight that I made recently to try out the C-101 on the new Caucasus, I really enjoy this plane when I'm in the mood for sightseeing :)

What I'd really like to see is the CC versión ... hope it wont be long until she cames along

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Way to wreck a set of batteries. No ground power available?:D

:) ... its been a while since my last previous C101 flight, so I made a few mistakes:

(a) When starting the engine I forgot to put the throttle on idle, so the engine died on the first start attempt; I had to wait for the turbine to spool down and then made another attempt.

(b) When contacting the tower, I tried to tune the ILS receiver to the Tower frequency (131 MHz), before realizing that I was confusing the ILS with the VHF Radio.

© On the landing approach I found that I hadn´t binded the flaps nor the airbrakes to my HOTAS, so the landing was made at a dangerously high speed

Well, at least it was an enjoyable sightseeing Little flight ... the New Caucasus is really awesome :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that the unending seat motor sound has been fixed in 2.5. Cool. Any other little fixes that sneaked in? Also, I noticed that the reverse mode on the flight director seems to work. I remember it was mentioned a while ago that it wasn't yet functional but I was able to ride away from a VOR station on a radial to my destination airfield.

Hurry up guys! I want to waste some money on you :megalol:

After VEAO ****ed me over with their HAWK i am very cautious now.

I wouldn't worry, it's quality module, you might just be 100 years old when you get all of it.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

I wouldn't worry, it's quality module, you might just be 100 years old when you get all of it.
At least it has a EFM... :music_whistling:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I look forward to the EFM but since I've never flown a 101 IRL I don't know the difference and don't really care. The hawk on the other hand is an unusable mess. I'd bet a years pay the 101 is done before the hawk is as stable as the 101 is now.
Agreed, but when the EFM changes the flight model and we need to relearn the whole muscle memory... So I wait for the EFM patiently, before learning the C-101 in detail.... As I wait patiently for the Hawks 2.5 update VEAO is working on.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)