Europe theater

greenmamba

Hello,

I am wondering about one thing , most airplanes in DCS world are from the Cold War era ... and I think an Europe map would be really welcome. I can imagine that the Europe theater would come in different maps parts, but it would be really awesome and relevant.

What do you guys think ? Even making a modern day map ... would be really a nice addition.

This comes up regularly, but sure... great idea.

My (local) suggestion would be the far north (Finnmark/Lapland/Murmansk). Firstly, there are not too many towns/cities, so it is easier to model. Secondly, there is military activity here. In the last few days our local papers here in Finnmark have been reporting that there have been 54 incursions so far in 2018 by Russian aircraft. Apart from the Soviet/Russian aircraft, it is perfect territory for the Swedish Viggen, Norwegian F-16, Finnish F/A-18C, (and Draken, please?). Plus the area is the location of major NATO exercises every year. Finally, the area was significant during WW2, including the Continuation War and the Lapland War.

For me, a huge chunk of the area around the Fulda Gap, would be a dream come trough. That area was buzzing with military activity, bases, airbases, outposts, you name it, and has some magnificent scenery.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 2 weeks later...
This comes up regularly, but sure... great idea.

My (local) suggestion would be the far north (Finnmark/Lapland/Murmansk). Firstly, there are not too many towns/cities, so it is easier to model. Secondly, there is military activity here. In the last few days our local papers here in Finnmark have been reporting that there have been 54 incursions so far in 2018 by Russian aircraft. Apart from the Soviet/Russian aircraft, it is perfect territory for the Swedish Viggen, Norwegian F-16, Finnish F/A-18C, (and Draken, please?). Plus the area is the location of major NATO exercises every year. Finally, the area was significant during WW2, including the Continuation War and the Lapland War.

Very interesting indeed .... I can only dream about an Europe theater.

330px-Altimetria_Italia.svg.png

Europe if you make Italy and a country difficult to do Italy and how to make Japan just that Japan is an island and Italy and a peninsula. the trees must be in DCS as in reality they are contrary to those who want to remove them. in DCS I have not acora seen the volcanoes in Italy there are many of volcanoes 1 and active and it is the ETNA and then there is a clockwork bomb ready to explode at any moment the VESUVIO.

the last explosion occurred between 16 and 29 March 1944. the AMERICANS who have freed Italy are witnesses of this eruption there are videos. During ww2.

and then there are the highest mountains in Europe in the Alps

Edited by Xilon_x

IMO Ex-Yugoslavia, should be choosen, for historical reasons and because of the airframes already fitting into it

even if I am Italian I believe that at present the priority map is to expand the current territory of the Caucasus to the Ukrainian high voltage and the war that could be generated between Russia and Ukraine today I heard this news ... ....... I do not make political comments even if I am Italian in Europe I do not tell you whether I support Russia or support ukraina I think only that RUSSIA has a great history behind it and must be respected.

THIS DAY

SU-25 AZOV SEA

A finsihed up caucus map would be great, but the lack of high fidelity red air kinda limits it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Instead of requesting over and over X terrain, it would be better to finally get terrain development tools as promised 10 years ago.

But nooooooo............, it is better to release one map for 5 years and keep tools for myself lol.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

even if I am Italian I believe that at present the priority map is to expand the current territory of the Caucasus to the Ukrainian high voltage and the war that could be generated between Russia and Ukraine today I heard this news ... ....... I do not make political comments even if I am Italian in Europe I do not tell you whether I support Russia or support ukraina I think only that RUSSIA has a great history behind it and must be respected.

Already hobbling together a campaign around this! The straight is at least on the map...

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming