fire extinguisher?

Pickle72

First post!

I'm new to DCS and just getting my feet wet with the frogfoot. I am surprised to say I am really enjoying this aircraft, was not sure that would happen.

My question is, is there any fire suppression on the frogfoot? I always seem to be on fire:cry: Sometimes I almost make it back for an emergency landing before the fuel tanks explode, but most times I don’t. Do we have fire extinguishers modeled in this module? Any advice.

Also I am trying to complete the very first mission in the campaign. Any advice here? I can usually take out a few tanks just past waypoint 3 but I almost never make to the recon area between waypoint 5,6. Read my first question above :helpsmilie:

Thanks

Edited by Pickle72

T-16000M FCS | Track IR5 | Quest 2 | ASROCK Z370 | i7-8700k | GTX1080-OC | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | OSX High Sierra for real work

Hack build

Do you mean the Su-25T, or the plain version with FC3? Either way, I've never done the campaign, and I don't know if there are any fire extinguishers, or any other way to keep the flames from destroying your aircraft. I myself prefer the fighters, mainly the F-15C, MiG-29S, and Su-27, but the Frogfoot is a worthy attack aircraft. I hope you figure out how to make it!:thumbup: Sorry I don't know how to help.:cry:

First post!

I'm new to DCS and just getting my feet wet with the frogfoot. I am surprised to say I am really enjoying this aircraft, was not sure that would happen.

My question is, is there any fire suppression on the frogfoot? I always seem to be on fire:cry: Sometimes I almost make it back for an emergency landing before the fuel tanks explode, but most times I don’t. Do we have fire extinguishers modeled in this module? Any advice.

Also I am trying to complete the very first mission in the campaign. Any advice here? I can usually take out a few tanks just past waypoint 3 but I almost never make to the recon area between waypoint 5,6. Read my first question above :helpsmilie:

Thanks

There's no fire suppression system that you actively control. It engages automatically, such that it is. The best thing to do, in the case of something like an engine fire, is to shut the engine down. Of course, ejecting is always an option, too. :)

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Another tip that used to work back in the 1.2 era, haven't tried it lately, is that you can use the dump fuel command to empty the tanks.

This is handy in the case where you're on fire enough that engine shutdown won't stop the fire. Most particularly in cases where the plane is controllable otherwise and you can make it to an airbase with repairs. If you land with a burning plane and request repairs the plane will often explode from fire before being repaired. If you run to 0 fuel right about at touchdown after 30 seconds or so the fires will go out, presumably due to lack of fuel.

It's more "game mechanic" than simulation I suspect, but I've done it several times at least in the 25T and maybe once or twice in the 25?

The best part of course, is the feeling of accomplishment when you've managed to time the fuel dump and your approach so that the engines die when your approach is on speed, on slope, just as you cross the runway threshold.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.