The Kaukasus Offensive revived!

HiJack

Well I just wanted to join cause I saw the server is online, but by the time I fired up DCS it was down again...

How is the donation? Is the server running on a home computer because of lack of money?

This may surprise you but the majority of servers in your server browser is hosted on home networks. I just restarted the server to have it fresh for the evening. There is not enough monthly donations to pay for a data center hosted server and I’m not sponsoring one server now as I did last time. The cost last time we hosted KO was $1044 annually but KO needs e separate MySQL and webserver to host statistics, that will be additional cost.for about $120.

This may surprise you but the majority of servers in your server browser is hosted on home networks. I just restarted the server to have it fresh for the evening. There is not enough monthly donations to pay for a data center hosted server and I’m not sponsoring one server now as I did last time. The cost last time we hosted KO was $1044 annually but KO needs e separate MySQL and webserver to host statistics, that will be additional cost.for about $120.

This doesn't surprise me at all, hence was my question.

I was managing a server for an RTS game, and the price was 7EUR / month (84EUR /year) (RAM: 4GB + 128MB vSwap CPU: 2 core SSD NVMe: 30GB Band: 2Gbit).

I don't know about the performance needs of a DCS server, but I cannot imagine it needs a powerhouse for 1200 dollars a year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This doesn't surprise me at all, hence was my question.

I was managing a server for an RTS game, and the price was 7EUR / month (84EUR /year) (RAM: 4GB + 128MB vSwap CPU: 2 core SSD NVMe: 30GB Band: 2Gbit).

I don't know about the performance needs of a DCS server, but I cannot imagine it needs a powerhouse for 1200 dollars a year.

DCS dose not have a dedicated server of the game and generally needs a powerfull cpu, a lot of memory and ssd drives to run the same as on your own desktop. It even requires a GPU on the server, try to got that for under §1044 a year. I have also hosted Counterstrike and battlefield on a lot of hosts and the situation is completely different when the game have a dedicated server and the map area is tiny. Even with a dedicated server I believe DCS will require a much more powerful server than a first person shooter as we are simulating objects on a wast area. I have asked ED for a dedicated server since 2006! Nothing. Try host a data center hosted server your own and see all the frustrations my friend. :music_whistling:

Edited by HiJack