The Kaukasus Offensive revived!

HiJack

Several from my squadron joined the red side last night and decided to go fly on your server. I figured I'd give a small review of our experience with you to do as you please.

We had 2x A10c, 2x Mirage 2000, and 1x viggen. The enemy team was almost non existent. Occasionally someone would get on come out to us and we'd shoot them down. We neutralized a lot of blue targets a long the way.

The first shock to the system was the number of Manpads that were put down by the enemy forces.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192952

Manpads wouldn't be so bad except for the fact they are hard to see and highly bugged out. We figured out our own tactics for avoiding these though overall it was really annoying to be CAS with so many of these around.

The idea of the mission is great and I highly dislike the manpads since we have no warning and no way to detect them. It wouldn't be so bad if we got missile warnings and could pop flares. Another small problem with manpads is they don't generate a lot of smoke. I've seen that mentioned on the forums before. Once again makes it hard to find them.

On our server we don't eliminate them but we make sure for 'balance' purposes that a manpad team will be standing near a bunker, a truck, some other structure that helps you find it with the eye.

Small note about hawks: Testing on our 2.1 NTTR server they don't seem to want to work properly. I saw someone above saying they won't fire. Even on excellent difficulty in our testing and all the proper hardware they do not want to fire on easy to hit shots. Sometimes they will and other times they won't do anything. If you figure it out let me know. I'm not sure the status of hawks on our 1.5 server. Last i knew any CTLD built ones worked just fine.

Edited by Oscar Juliet

The Hawk thing, when I was creating some missions of my own around a year ago probably, weren't working almost at all as well, but I thought It was because of the scripts I was using so I didn't make much of it.

About the manpads.... Maybe just a tiny little bit less :)

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

... but I thought It was because of the scripts I was using so I didn't make much of it.

Scripts are only half as harmfull as you may think :) It's always about the way it is employed. The KO are almost 10K lines of code, and it causes surprisingly little problems!

Oh i understand how they are placed. Heli pilot's love to place them. Still if there could be a small modification that would deploy a manpad with a truck next to it would help visually as well. Also a limit on how many one heli pilot could place in 24 hours.

I like the truck idea. It's rather simple to implement and should be easier to detect indeed.

Several from my squadron joined the red side last night and decided to go fly on your server. I figured I'd give a small review of our experience with you to do as you please.

We had 2x A10c, 2x Mirage 2000, and 1x viggen. The enemy team was almost non existent. Occasionally someone would get on come out to us and we'd shoot them down. We neutralized a lot of blue targets a long the way.

The first shock to the system was the number of Manpads that were put down by the enemy forces.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192952

Manpads wouldn't be so bad except for the fact they are hard to see and highly bugged out. We figured out our own tactics for avoiding these though overall it was really annoying to be CAS with so many of these around.

The idea of the mission is great and I highly dislike the manpads since we have no warning and no way to detect them. It wouldn't be so bad if we got missile warnings and could pop flares. Another small problem with manpads is they don't generate a lot of smoke. I've seen that mentioned on the forums before. Once again makes it hard to find them.

On our server we don't eliminate them but we make sure for 'balance' purposes that a manpad team will be standing near a bunker, a truck, some other structure that helps you find it with the eye.

Small note about hawks: Testing on our 2.1 NTTR server they don't seem to want to work properly. I saw someone above saying they won't fire. Even on excellent difficulty in our testing and all the proper hardware they do not want to fire on easy to hit shots. Sometimes they will and other times they won't do anything. If you figure it out let me know. I'm not sure the status of hawks on our 1.5 server. Last i knew any CTLD built ones worked just fine.

Tanks for reporting. There are so much that could be done if you have time. :) Maybe KO version 2 :thumbup:

one idea is that you take turns on attacking the target and the other guy circles ahead and looks for missle launches with the Good Old MK1 Eyeball.

ManPads are like Mines, you place them on the map to ambush someone flying low and slow :)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

3/4 full server, 3 people active on SRS :(

Yes, it drives me nuts. It usually takes you calling them out in chat to get them on SRS.

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

The Kaukasus Offensive revived!

Minovody has only 100 rockets on stock. Its not such big deal but maybe when you find time just adjust it like other airfields..

What is with red mig28? Is it comming or should i just stop asking? ^^

I think its not such a game changer.. :)

And yeah, thank you for adding SU-25! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All russian rockets.. I espect western aswell.. there is 100 of every type.. so if you take 2 su25s for example and take just 40 each, you won't have enought rockets for second sortie.. other airfields have 1000 of everything. Im not againts weapons stock being limited, but then It should be less missiles than rockets and maybe introduce some suply missions for pilots where they would bring ammo crates to bases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk