ka-50 upgrades!

Yes and no is the short answer.

The one we have in the sim is the one that is in service.

The KA-50 has had some some types of upgrades but they were more on tests and stuff.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 4 weeks later...

i believe there's a FLIR version of the ka50. Of course, every documentation you can find on the ka50 mentions Air/air capability with Igla although I have never seen any pictures of a flying ka50 with them. Anyway, ED doesn't want to hear about that. By playing with the lua files, you can actually load Iglas on ka50 and even lock air targets on the HUD, but the weapon release button doesn't work.

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement a ka52 with its FLIR and radar capability. I have great hopes with the new 3rd party option that Ed opened.

i believe there's a FLIR version of the ka50. Of course, every documentation you can find on the ka50 mentions Air/air capability with Igla although I have never seen any pictures of a flying ka50 with them. Anyway, ED doesn't want to hear about that. By playing with the lua files, you can actually load Iglas on ka50 and even lock air targets on the HUD, but the weapon release button doesn't work.

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement a ka52 with its FLIR and radar capability. I have great hopes with the new 3rd party option that Ed opened.

A Ka-52 would be awesome, but there's no way we'll be seeing one :noexpression:

Failure is the mother of all success.

I believe there is the Ka-50sh which is just our Ka but with FLIR and some other stuff.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5