** DCS-F14 PRE-ORDER NOW AVAILABLE! Gameplay Reveal Video Update **

Cobra847

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this answer:

Hi Akos,

Sorry- but we don't know exactly just yet. We're guaranteeing winter, which stretches to March of next year, but it will hopefully be much sooner than then.

Thanks for the support!

Best,

Nick

Idézett szöveg megjelenítése

--

Best Regards,

Nicholas Dackard

Heatblur Simulations

+43 664 4740520

nicholas.dackard@gmail.com

To quote myself from the DCS F-14 discord:

Well, the community lost its collective shit just at the the thought of waiting three months. Cause curse Heatblur if it isn't released on the fan date of December 21.

It's funny to me how we now live in a world of instant gratification where we expect things to happen immediately. I've been flying simulators for the last 25 years or so and have seen them come a long way. I don't mind waiting, I barely have enough time to fly the Hornet in DCS and the Viper in BMS as it is. Not to mention the longer we wait the more likely additional items like a better VR headset is made and release as well as the 2080Tis coming down in price. Sometimes waiting is better.

The flight sim community has definitely become one of damned if you do and damned if you don't kind of thing. I am pretty sure we will see this with any new module coming out like the A-6 eventually. I'm just as excited to fly the F-14 as anyone, just glad someone has finally made it!

All that said though it would pretty epic for heatblur to release the Tomcat on December 21st. That might be a tall order for them depending on where they are in the production, but you couldn't ask for a better release date for this module.

Intel I9-9900k, Gigabyte AORUS Ultra, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 3200, EVGA 2080Ti, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 512, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 1TB, MCG, Vipril, TM Controls, SLAW device rudders, Obutto Revolution, Valve Index

It's funny to me how we now live in a world of instant gratification where we expect things to happen immediately. I've been flying simulators for the last 25 years or so and have seen them come a long way. I don't mind waiting, I barely have enough time to fly the Hornet in DCS and the Viper in BMS as it is. Not to mention the longer we wait the more likely additional items like a better VR headset is made and release as well as the 2080Tis coming down in price. Sometimes waiting is better.

The flight sim community has definitely become one of damned if you do and damned if you don't kind of thing. I am pretty sure we will see this with any new module coming out like the A-6 eventually. I'm just as excited to fly the F-14 as anyone, just glad someone has finally made it!

All that said though it would pretty epic for heatblur to release the Tomcat on December 21st. That might be a tall order for them depending on where they are in the production, but you couldn't ask for a better release date for this module.

Exactly. People also flipped when the "last week in October-update" didn't show up until early November. I think, any developer should just not say any sort of definitive date even if they have one in mind (internally). I don't think the F-14 will come in December. January, maybe, but not December. If it does, sweet, but I have my doubts.

January 4 would be a good date to ;)

...I still say we need the Tomcat by December 6 to stop the Germans from bombing Pearl Harbor...

Sorry, but you can not blame us for that! :cry: ;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Forget it he's rolling!

Rolling with laughter you mean? It's an Animal House (the movie) reference.

Just like the release date is a Double Secret Probation! :)

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I have a large credit on Steam. Can I buy (another) copy pre order for the F14 on Steam, but use it on the nonSteam version of DCS? IE does the Steam version come with a code or whatever so it can be installed and activated on a non Steam DCSW install?

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I don't think you can do that any more.

As far as I know, modules since the M2000 no longer use Starforce DRM, and so Steam keys for those modules can't be activated on Stand-alone DCS.

I'm open to correction though.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

Thanks for the responses. I found the info on ED’s site, animal is correct, since the Mirage you no longer can.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Is it possible to get the F-14 pdf manual already?

No HB manual yet - but this might help you a little - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206842

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, real life manuals are also interesting, but it seems like you have to pay for the download on that site.
Use a bit of google-fu. You will find it as free download.

one example:

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.com/2017/04/grumman-f-14b-tomcat-flight-manual.html?m=1

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

winter has came. now bring the cat on! :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 months later...