BO-105 PAH1 Classic Video

QuiGon

An old Video of the BO-105 PAH1 (not A1) has just been uploaded on the Bundeswehr channel on youtube:

It's german only, but the low level flying is just amazing! :pilotfly:

Edit: And another one:

Edit2: And one more:

Edited by QuiGon
Added another classic video
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Very nice video.

There's also this one that shows how crazy you can fly the BO-105.

I don't know if it's been shown in here already.

It's an ad from the eighties.

Can't wait to try something like that. :D

• Like 1

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

That did look like a lot of Fun:D:joystick: Nice:thumbup: share:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

• 2 weeks later...

Now that is NOE flying! Awesome pop up attacks!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

If you watch those videos, you know why Red Bull choose this bird for doing aerobatics with a helo :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, although IIRC the Red Bull Bo-105 was modified a bit.

It doesn't do stuff the normal Bo-105 can't do, but it can probably do them more often.

Still I guess the rule applies: After an airshow you have to check everything. Those maneuvers during 5 minutes of an airshow are equal to many hours of normal flight, concerning stress on the parts.

The first video is a perfect example of why ED need to get the whole collision, vision, targeting and AI interaction thing sorted out with trees in 1.5 and 2.0 or it is going to continue being a game killer for attack helos.

So true!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Really cannot wait for this chopper, Its difficult to say which I am looking forward to the most, the Bo 105 or the SA 342M?

Finally we are getting light weight helicopters in DCS!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The first video is a perfect example of why ED need to get the whole collision, vision, targeting and AI interaction thing sorted out with trees in 1.5 and 2.0 or it is going to continue being a game killer for attack helos.

I have the dream that a 3rd party would do a much smaller map just for helo ops. I guess on huge map`s you do not have enough ressorces to put more details on trees (and it`s collision model) and environment and keep fps high enough. The forest, we have seen on that vid/pic with the upcoming Mirage over Nevada map, isn`t that dense, obviously.

There is a dedicated helo game where the trees were very dense and collidable (i.e. Amazon forest), though AI could look and even fire trough it. We probably won`t see all these features you mentioned in the near future.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I have the dream that a 3rd party would do a much smaller map just for helo ops. I guess on huge map`s you do not have enough ressorces to put more details on trees (and it`s collision model) and environment and keep fps high enough. The forest, we have seen on that vid/pic with the upcoming Mirage over Nevada map, isn`t that dense, obviously.

There is a dedicated helo game where the trees were very dense and collidable (i.e. Amazon forest), though AI could look and even fire trough it. We probably won`t see all these features you mentioned in the near future.

This chopper Map does sound good.

From watching the 1st Vid it would also be good that once we get multiplayer (in the same chopper), if you are looking in a specific direction, a button could be pressed that animates the VR pilot/copilot to point in that direction.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.