Integrate USB Breathalyzer for High G Straining

LowRider88

Just an idea.

Did a search in Amazon for “USB Breathalyzer”.

Could it be possible to have DCS recognize and use such a device to say allow players to breath into the device during air combat in order to slow the rate of high G blackouts?

It would be interesting to consider how this could be integrated with players already using headsets with mic’s in the way.

But it could further Increase the simulation of a real dogfight.

Maybe only requiring calibration for a simple exhale, rather than a real life straining breath, to avoid pc simmers from blacking out in real life :)

You could do all sorts of stuff, Thrustmaster should start rolling their sleeves ... but this time around it was about civilian stuff, hopefully in future we'll get some more gear for DCS and similar.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Just an idea.

Did a search in Amazon for “USB Breathalyzer”.

Could it be possible to have DCS recognize and use such a device to say allow players to breath into the device during air combat in order to slow the rate of high G blackouts?

It would be interesting to consider how this could be integrated with players already using headsets with mic’s in the way.

But it could further Increase the simulation of a real dogfight.

Maybe only requiring calibration for a simple exhale, rather than a real life straining breath, to avoid pc simmers from blacking out in real life :)

Just to add, for example in the F-5, you can see the gauge indicating air flow, and the simulated pilots breath. This could potentially also be integrated To the breathalyzer.

Does anyone REALLY want to breath into a plastic tube for several hours to simulate this stuff? If we really want to simulate the G-effects - we should be able to hook up a G-suit, Combat edge vest and helmet up to the thrustmaster setup so we can really do a proper AGSM. Just saying.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Why? You could only use a mic to listen your breathing, especially "tics" just so you can generate those sounds....

If DCS VoIP system would receive this capability with "always listen" to track your breathing....

(why I hear in my head the theme song of star wars and darth Vader breathing?)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Does anyone REALLY want to breath into a plastic tube for several hours to simulate this stuff? If we really want to simulate the G-effects - we should be able to hook up a G-suit, Combat edge vest and helmet up to the thrustmaster setup so we can really do a proper AGSM. Just saying.

Is that even possible for the average DCS player to afford and acquire?

Who said you have to breath into it for hours? You just have to breath into it when pulling Gs.

You can not do it and never experience it, or you can do what you suggest if you have a few thousand dollars lying around.

Does Thrustmaster even support this yet?

Real pilots "breath into a plastic tube for several hours".

Edited by LowRider88

Why? You could only use a mic to listen your breathing, especially "tics" just so you can generate those sounds....

If DCS VoIP system would receive this capability with "always listen" to track your breathing....

(why I hear in my head the theme song of star wars and darth Vader breathing?)

Not sure what you are getting at Fri13.

People use mics in DCS for multiplayer, and those who do not take part in MP like me, can use the Viacom Voice Attack to talk to AWACS/GCI, ATC, and Ground Crew, rather than use the Comms F menus.

The purpose of this request is not to record the sound of our breath, but to provide a way to allow players to fight off G blackouts like an actual fighter pilot does by using our breath pressure.

Currently if you pull too many Gs you have to relax your maneuver or deal with the blackout.

Having a device like this gives players an option like a real fighter pilot.

I only commented on the mic, as more thought needs to go into how to place a mouth piece for the device in a head set which does not interfere with a mic, which some are already using.

Edited by LowRider88

Seriously?

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Seriously?

Dude, why so fearful of change? Never an idea of your own so you have to complain about other ideas?

I see you use trackir. 10 years ago you probably said "Seriously?", and now you use it.

It must be disappointing being closed minded all the time.

Is that even possible for the average DCS player to afford and acquire?

Who said you have to breath into it for hours? You just have to breath into it when pulling Gs.

You can not do it and never experience it, or you can do what you suggest if you have a few thousand dollars lying around.

Does Thrustmaster even support this yet?

Real pilots "breath into a plastic tube for several hours".

Then maybe you should get out from behind the desk and go get in a real plane? Breathalyzer @@

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Dude, why so fearful of change? Never an idea of your own so you have to complain about other ideas?

I see you use trackir. 10 years ago you probably said "Seriously?", and now you use it.

It must be disappointing being closed minded all the time.

It's a public forum, not everybody's going to agree with you, especially when presenting something arguably ridiculous. Welcome to the internet.

Then maybe you should get out from behind the desk and go get in a real plane? Breathalyzer @@

What? That doesn’t even make sense. Why are you even on this forum if you don’t like simulation then? Why so bitter?

Edited by LowRider88

It's a public forum, not everybody's going to agree with you, especially when presenting something arguably ridiculous. Welcome to the internet.

Why do you keep welcoming people to the internet? Are you some sort of forum guru?

That go to line gets very tiresome.

What do you contribute here? Wait never mind, I really don’t care to know.

I am entitled as you are to promote my ideas in a wishlist and defend them.

All I see from you and the other guy is negativity.

At least the other guy doesn’t talk like he is still in high school.

Yes, arguably ridiculous. Just as other peripherals were before they were in regular use.

If the military used this to simulate fighting Gs, I bet all the sim community would start warming up to the idea.

It may very well be so unpopular that the idea dies here.

Only way to know is to post and get through the annoying angry close minded nay sayers like you.

Edited by LowRider88

I very much doubt players would use this and so it would be worth the time for ED to develop it. That’s true for many of these wishlist topics. Who wants to blow into a straw while playing DCS?

It wouldn’t even be realistic because the anti-G straining technique isn’t just related to breathing, it incorporates specific muscle contractions as well. You can’t simulate that in the sim.

If you really want this, make some sort of mod. But asking ED to work on it isn’t worthwhile IMO

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I very much doubt players would use this and so it would be worth the time for ED to develop it. That’s true for many of these wishlist topics. Who wants to blow into a straw while playing DCS?

It wouldn’t even be realistic because the anti-G straining technique isn’t just related to breathing, it incorporates specific muscle contractions as well. You can’t simulate that in the sim.

If you really want this, make some sort of mod. But asking ED to work on it isn’t worthwhile IMO

Fair enough. As I said in the response to the other guy, this idea may die here.

I just provide the idea here for future reference in case others with more open minds or experimental temperaments to consider.

If DCS is in the business of simulation and can make a butt load of cash by being the first to partner with third party device makers to push out a new product, and in the end help the business further, then the only thing stopping them would be how open minded the community is to new ideas.

Yes, I am aware of the nature of G straining. What is your point? Why do some people get chairs that rock with G forces, if it is also not a full refection of reality? Because it brings them closer by a step to the real feel. A seat shaker also will not cause all the blood in your body to pool to your feet. Yet people are willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a seat shaker.

Yes, I may give modding this a try. But at some point there needs to be some integration point. Who said this needs to be prioritized higher than your requests. Again, if you don't like the idea, please feel free to post your higher priority ideas and get them rated higher.

To me I see the wishlist forum as a repository of ideas. Not some place to waste time negatively shooting down other peoples ideas, so that nothing in the game changes.

Edited by LowRider88

Again, if you don't like the idea, please feel free to post your higher priority ideas and get them rated higher.

Start with all this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269757

What's your point? I will still continue to share ideas. ED can consider or disregard them as they choose. It doesn't harm anyone to share ideas, except maybe dark age people.

Nobody has told you you can't share your ideas. Stop being so butthurt that everybody but you thinks this is ridiculous. It adds almost nothing to the simulation aspect, by the barest of margins. Your point ''oh if the military blah blah'' just drives the point home... they don't. Gee, I wonder if it's because it's ridiculous and has no value? You got hoodwinked into a shopping channel ''buy-o-rama'' just face it lol

I ''welcome to the internet'' those who seem to have trouble adjusting to the notion their opinions are not universally shared online. Perhaps their mothers were too ''positive'' and they're unused to receiving negative feedback. Regardless, get used to it, no sense getting all up in arms, you just set yourself up as a figure of fun when you kneejerk to every sarcastic/disagreeing comment.

Nobody has told you you can't share your ideas. Stop being so butthurt that everybody but you thinks this is ridiculous. It adds almost nothing to the simulation aspect, by the barest of margins. Your point ''oh if the military blah blah'' just drives the point home... they don't. Gee, I wonder if it's because it's ridiculous and has no value? You got hoodwinked into a shopping channel ''buy-o-rama'' just face it lol

I ''welcome to the internet'' those who seem to have trouble adjusting to the notion their opinions are not universally shared online. Perhaps their mothers were too ''positive'' and they're unused to receiving negative feedback. Regardless, get used to it, no sense getting all up in arms, you just set yourself up as a figure of fun when you kneejerk to every sarcastic/disagreeing comment.

Butthurt? You're the one who craps all the time from no prior instigation and tries to cover it all up by talking like you are cooler than you are. Better to grow up with affirming positive re-enforcement than coming from an abused background which you suggest by always looking for figures of fun.

I don't need your lame advice on adjusting to the internet. Why shouldn't I reply to others comments and voice my perspectives, just because some like you try to push others out with oh so lame jargon.