Oculus rift

I have a question, I was thinking about buying the rift or the vive for DCS World. When you put on the headset, does it look like you are looking into the screen or does it look like 2 different screens? I saw some videos where they were 2 different screens, which kind of turned me off.

Thx

one screen for each eye looks like one screen to you. but it makes the world 3d.

and the head tracking puts you right in the middle of the 3d world.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Its kinda like looking trough binoculars, but with much wider FOV, and further to 'edges'.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

You don't need to worry about that mate. The two screens will look like a single one to you. A the beginning you may experience some double vision from time to time but it completely goes away once you get used to it after about 3 weeks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Think of it more like putting on a motorbike helmet, or in this case a fighter pilot helmet. To you, it feels like you are transported completely into DCS world and looking out through the visor of the helmet, with 360 deg and 1 to 1 movement tracking.

Some VR titles don't require a beast of a PC, there small and designed for VR, for DCS you will need an "above average" PC, DCS was not specifically design for VR use and is large, DCS is getting better and with vulkan api support on the way, which perhaps will make it even better.

My next purchase is the 1080ti (When prices drop?) up from the 1070. The 1070 is more than OK for VR with a good CPU, I can only have fairly small missions with only minimal AI in mission to keep fps up, this doesn't bother me, I mostly only play around in VR, which never gets old, having a ball fly the mig21, love landing this aircraft in VR at 220 mph!

I still use my 1440p and Track IR to fly the large missions, we still need better res for VR also, hope to hear more about VR 2.0 soon.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Actually, after I put it on 1st time I saw the truth in saying: "You cannot describe it, it is beyond what words can deliver".

It is MIND BLOWING, it really is :)

There are drawbacks, we all know that, but THE experience you get is worth way more than any drawback that comes with it.

Speed, height, spinning, it all becomes alive. Beyond what one can imagine, that good it is.

I was a "AHH, keep that BS till it is ripe" but the folks in here convinced me so I got me a Rift.

I do not regret it a s ingle second.

If you have kids 10+y, they weill love it too, nice free apps included that will make the kids go wild. Ours love it, neighbour kids love it, the whole damn street loves it ;)

Go for it !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I have a question, I was thinking about buying the rift or the vive for DCS World. When you put on the headset, does it look like you are looking into the screen or does it look like 2 different screens? I saw some videos where they were 2 different screens, which kind of turned me off.

Thx

Yes, no,. it looks like you normally see the world, scale may not be 100% but you see a 3D,representation. Early days in the tech but totally immersive for me.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I will say this.

I purchased my Rift on Jan 15th 2017.

The last day I did any sort of gaming on my monitor, was the day before the Rift arrived at my home.

I highly recommend the Rift + Touch bundle, it is way less now that what I paid for mine when I got it. And to me it is well worth every dang cent.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

yeah, I got mine for 449€, way less than my 144Hz Gsync 27".

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Get it with the touch controllers, you'll enjoy those with some other VR games.

As others have said, I went VR and never looked back. As of now, I use my 39" LCD display only for ArmA3 and few other games that aren't VR capable.

DCS and BoX are so much better with VR.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control